ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 305 of 386
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315355 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Bowser 09:57 PM 05-12-2019
This all started because Lyanna Stark didn't love Robert Baratheon, and now it's going to end because Jon Snow doesn't love Danerys Targaryen. There's your symmetry, I guess.

And once Varys got spit roasted, you just kind of could feel she was turning into Mad Dany, trying to keep "The Secret" under wraps.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:57 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Can Arya just kill them both? At least then she won't end the story running away like a little bitch.

works for me. Though I think the real ending involves Arya getting her revenge for seeing the woman and child burned to death along with thousands of others.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:57 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Why did Jon have to kill a northman when he was about to rape a girl? Crazy had won the moment for some non-apparent reason.
Indeed. Why would the soldiers even stay in the city when Dany was burning anybody on the streets alive? Most probably would of retreated away from the crazy woman and her dragon.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:58 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
I knew Kings Landing was going to be torched once Messendrei said Dacary!
Good point. It made me wonder if she would go that route. Then you had Tryion begging her not to do that as well creating that possibility as well. He was reading her astutely, it turns out.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:58 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
No, that did not happen and any competent commander would not want it to happen. Sack? Sure even then it would be based on how long a city held out. Long enough to satisfy honor? Not much if at all would happen.

See when you destroy a city that surrendered you make sure that no other city will ever surrender to you because it will not save their lives. They will fight to the death because you have proven they have no other option?
The Rape of Nanking and other sacked cities in World War II fell in similar fashions.

Your logic is dead-on, but sacks like this have definitely happened when the rule of law falls completely.

(I too think the last two seasons wrapped up in warp speed, but that sequence had a realness to it for me).
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:58 PM 05-12-2019
I like the parallel to Theon. Jon is gonna have to decide if he’s a Stark or a Targ. My feeling is he’s going with the family that raised him rather than the family he was born into.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:59 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
I knew Kings Landing was going to be torched once Messendrei said Dacary! before her head getting lopped off and Cersei sealed her fate then. Cersei being reduced to tears in the red keep wanting to keep her baby alive and was the proper way to send her out. Terrific acting too.
Which is fine until Cersei lops Messenrei's head off and Tyrion is standing right below her with 500 archers looking at him. Why she didn't kill Tyrion there was silly knowing how bad she hated him and who she was thinking she had the upper hand.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:59 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The Rape of Nanking and other sacked cities in World War II fell in similar fashions.

Your logic is dead-on, but sacks like this have definitely happened when the rule of law falls completely.
Massacres are notable because they are uncommon. If they were common they wouldn't be notable.
[Reply]
notorious 10:00 PM 05-12-2019
Arya's white horse symbolizes several things.

Death, passing to the afterlife, Armageddon.

At first I thought Arya died, but they showed her in next week's preview.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Which is fine until Cersei lops Messenrei's head off and Tyrion is standing right below her with 500 archers looking at him. Why she didn't kill Tyrion there was silly knowing how bad she hated him and who she was thinking she had the upper hand.
Because, you dumbass, we spent the entire series setting up Cersei as a horrible cunt but *GASP* it turns out she's actually quite sympathetic compared to the character who was her polar opposite. UNTIL NOW!

IT MAKES COMPLETE SENSE!!!!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:01 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Arya's white horse symbolizes several things.

Death, passing to the afterlife, Armageddon.

At first I thought Arya died, but they showed her in next week's preview.
That was definitely of biblical influence. Rev 6:8 - “And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.”
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:02 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Well, I have felt this season was rushed. I agree with that criticism. I think it could have been done in two seasons not five though. I think 10 episodes for this season would help—especially after waiting two years and since it has been a slow moving show. I don't see why a two year wait was ever needed either.
I've always felt Breaking Bad was a pretty stellar pace. They got to the end superbly. Not too quick, not too long. For sure more episodes would have cleaned up a ton of storylines better and GoT got to the end probably just a tad sooner than they should have. But there's also a point where perfectionism leads to a frustratingly long march to an ending especially a show as crazy complicated as this. Not to mention the show's gotta be draining for all the producers, actors, etc... a few more seasons could have sucked the energy completely out of the show. Much as I'd love to see a lot of these things played out with good writing and plot development, I also totally get why the show needs to end and the compromises the show had to make to get to that end cleanly. So rather than get worked up about it, I'm glad I've chosen to just be entertained as hell. And I'm thankful we're going to cleanly get to an ending.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 PM 05-12-2019
Well, I have to say....they actually set this up to make it look like Westeros is just fucked now.

I'm sure Arya will beam in or something.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:03 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Agreed. She didn't go from 0 to 100. She was at about 60 when the episode started. It was super rushed but not illogical.
She lost Jon in the scene where she was coming on to Jon strong. That was the last straw.

Her inner circle has pretty much been blown up, Varys betrayed, her Hand hasn’t been successful with battle plans at all, Missendrei gets executed, Lord Friendzone dies in her hands in the Great War, losing her dragon again etc.

It’s been building up, and not sure what else you write in.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:04 PM 05-12-2019
The ending we deserved had Cersei, Bronn and Qyburn eating it in Season 7 (exactly like this).

It would have been much harder to write, but Dany and Jon should have been the main conflict the entire season if they were going this way. The Starks should have known who Dany was the entire season, used her to kill off the White Walkers, but given the Starks a just reason to be plotting against her the whole time.
[Reply]
Page 305 of 386
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315355 > Last »
Up