ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 386
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314354 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:48 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I thought that too. I was hoping that. That, at least would have been just. I remember she said to Jon, when he wouldn't kiss her back, that she'd very well would choose fear then. Or she said, then fear it is! That indicated to me she was feeling very insecure. Hence the destruction she waged instead. The Starks will have to kill her then. Perhaps the queen Arya ends up killing will be Dany.
The story arc was there. It was definitely rushed. The question is if people would have tolerated another full season it deserved to get there. That goes for a good chunk of rushed story arcs people have complained about. It would take many many more seasons to close this thing cleanly. And I suspect a reason GRRM struggles to close this thing out. I suspect a lot of people bitching about the rush job on this would be bitching 5 seasons from now that the series seems to be way too slow to get to the ending.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:48 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Also, what's the ****ing point of Bran's character now. WHAT POINT DOES HIS CHARACTER HAVE? WHY WAS HE EVER AROUND.

Bran's whole "point" to being now is that he's reduced to a goddamn fishing lure.
It’s pacing and wanting to rush to the end.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:49 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The writing simply makes no sense and characters act like complete idiots to serve the story.

Why did the northmen not retreat when Jon told them to if they held him in such high regard? Because the story needs that to happen I guess?
On that last point, I’ll say this played out pretty faithfully to what can happen in War when a city falls. Nothing matters anymore. Everything goes to hell
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:50 PM 05-12-2019
Also, what's the ****ing point of Bran's character now. WHAT POINT DOES HIS CHARACTER HAVE? WHY WAS HE EVER AROUND.

Bran's whole "point" to being now is that he's reduced to a goddamn fishing lure.
:-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:50 PM 05-12-2019
The sad thing is all the feminazis are going to be pissed off about this, and now I have to agree with them.
:-)
[Reply]
FAX 09:51 PM 05-12-2019
I'm disappointed ...

That this season didn't have another shot of Cersei standing on a balcony ...

FAX
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:51 PM 05-12-2019
Dany’s descent into madness makes sense. It’s the rushing that sucks. GRRM is gonna be called a misogynist for this ending.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:51 PM 05-12-2019
At least we got memes :-)

[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:52 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I'm disappointed ...

That this season didn't have another shot of Cersei standing on a balcony ...

FAX
I thought for sure when Dany looked at the Keep she was going to scorch her off of it. Instead let's kill kids!
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:53 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
On that last point, I’ll say this played out pretty faithfully to what can happen in War when a city falls. Nothing matters anymore. Everything goes to hell
No, that did not happen and any competent commander would not want it to happen. Sack? Sure even then it would be based on how long a city held out. Long enough to satisfy honor? Not much if at all would happen.

See when you destroy a city that surrendered you make sure that no other city will ever surrender to you because it will not save their lives. They will fight to the death because you have proven they have no other option?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:53 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Dany’s dissent into madness makes sense. It’s the rushing that sucks. GRRM is gonna be called a mysoginist for this ending.
Agreed. She didn't go from 0 to 100. She was at about 60 when the episode started. It was super rushed but not illogical.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:54 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The story arc was there. It was definitely rushed. The question is if people would have tolerated another full season it deserved to get there. That goes for a good chunk of rushed story arcs people have complained about. It would take many many more seasons to close this thing cleanly. And I suspect a reason GRRM struggles to close this thing out. I suspect a lot of people bitching about the rush job on this would be bitching 5 seasons from now that the series seems to be way too slow to get to the ending.
Well, I have felt this season was rushed. I agree with that criticism. I think it could have been done in two seasons not five though. I think 10 episodes for this season would help—especially after waiting two years and since it has been a slow moving show. I don't see why a two year wait was ever needed either.
[Reply]
Pogue 09:54 PM 05-12-2019
I knew Kings Landing was going to be torched once Messendrei said Dacary! before her head getting lopped off and Cersei sealed her fate then. Cersei being reduced to tears in the red keep wanting to keep her baby alive and was the proper way to send her out. Terrific acting too.

This episode was much better than the previous one.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:56 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The writing simply makes no sense and characters act like complete idiots to serve the story.

Why did the northmen not retreat when Jon told them to if they held him in such high regard? Because the story needs that to happen I guess?
Why did Jon have to kill a northman when he was about to rape a girl? Crazy had won the moment for some non-apparent reason.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:56 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I thought for sure when Dany looked at the Keep she was going to scorch her off of it. Instead let's kill kids!
Now, it provides a motive for the Starks going after her and taking her out—just like Ned and Robert did years ago to her father. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go full circle ending up where it started but without corrupt Lannisters.
[Reply]
Page 304 of 386
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314354 > Last »
Up