Page 304 of 660
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314354404 > Last »
Hall of Classics>I have a date.
luv 07:09 PM 06-22-2007
I guess this will be the ****Official TMI Thread****
[Reply]
The Buddha 10:07 AM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by luv:
I'm never going to be successful at dating. I don't play head games, and I'm too impatient to text an entire conversation.
I can't help you with the first part, but I suggest a QWERTY keyboard on your new phone. :-)
[Reply]
luv 10:08 AM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by The Buddha:
I can't help you with the first part, but I suggest a QWERTY keyboard on your new phone. :-)
I keep seeing that when I look at new phones. I should look up exactly what it is.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 10:09 AM 02-24-2009
I don't know how to text. I hope nobody teaches me.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 10:10 AM 02-24-2009
So you get to know them via text? You make all of your plans for your next date via text? How impersonal.
No, I don't sit there and conduct a complete conversation via text. Just vital info. The whole point is if I don't know you well (and I want to) I'll talk to you in person, not over the phone. If I've already been on a date with you I prob know you well enough to call, not text.
[Reply]
The Buddha 10:12 AM 02-24-2009
I keep seeing that when I look at new phones. I should look up exactly what it is.
where every letter has a key, like a keyboard. No hitting 4 a whole bunch of times just to get the letter I
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:16 AM 02-24-2009
It's a normal keyboard. Look at the top-left six characters on your keyboard. Q-W-E-R-T-Y.
[Reply]
Katipan 10:23 AM 02-24-2009
I'm never going to be successful at dating. I don't play head games, and I'm too impatient to text an entire conversation.
It's just enough contact to make them crave more.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:51 AM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by Katipan:
You strike such tantilizing fear into me that the cold sweat from my back has pooled with the moistness in my nether regions making it quite unclear where my neck starts and my clit begins.
Wow, I've heard about turning a woman into a lesbian, but apparently I've gone a step beyond and turned you into a teenage boy. 'cause you know there's a "clit" and it starts somewhere below the neck, but after that it's just a grope in the dark.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:57 AM 02-24-2009
where every letter has a key, like a keyboard. No hitting 4 a whole bunch of times just to get the letter I
Since you don't text, you get a pass for not realizing this, but many (most? all?) regular keypad phones have an alternative texting mode called T9 or predictive texting instead of the multi-tap technique. You hit the appropriate key (e.g. "4" for the letter I) and your phone will guess which of the three or four possible letters that you really want to use. As you type a second and a third letter for your word, the "guess" for each of the letters gets better and by the time you're done typing the word the prediction is usually pretty accurate. In a word of reasonable length, like the word "length", the predictive capability is damned good. Over time, your usage patterns are taken into account and words that you use a lot will be more likely to be predicted. In shorter words like "on" or "no" which would share the same keystrokes, "66", you may have to select the less common choice after typing in the two keystrokes, but overall it's a very fast and efficient way to generate text messages.

Faster Texting with T9
[Reply]
luv 11:09 AM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Since you don't text, you get a pass for not realizing this, but many (most? all?) regular keypad phones have an alternative texting mode called T9 or predictive texting instead of the multi-tap technique. You hit the appropriate key (e.g. "4" for the letter I) and your phone will guess which of the three or four possible letters that you really want to use. As you type a second and a third letter for your word, the "guess" for each of the letters gets better and by the time you're done typing the word the prediction is usually pretty accurate. In a word of reasonable length, like the word "length", the predictive capability is damned good. Over time, your usage patterns are taken into account and words that you use a lot will be more likely to be predicted. In shorter words like "on" or "no" which would share the same keystrokes, "66", you may have to select the less common choice after typing in the two keystrokes, but overall it's a very fast and efficient way to generate text messages.

Faster Texting with T9
I've tried that, but I've gotten so used to multi-tap, that it's faster for me that way.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:12 AM 02-24-2009
patteeu's phone is a either a precursor to skynet or a cylon
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:13 AM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by Katipan:
You strike such tantilizing fear into me that the cold sweat from my back has pooled with the moistness in my nether regions making it quite unclear where my neck starts and my clit begins.
Meow, dahling.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:14 AM 02-24-2009
T9 and I don't get along.

I type everything all out. No slang. No shortcuts. But not cuz I'm not lazy, just cuz I think it makes people look like idiots.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:15 AM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by Claythan:
Meow, dahling.
The hair helps.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:19 AM 02-24-2009
I've tried that, but I've gotten so used to multi-tap, that it's faster for me that way.
Once you get used to it, it's really a lot faster. If you can get used to multi-tap, you can get used to T9 and it won't be such a burden to carry on a texting conversation, although I do agree with you that at some point a phone call is so much simpler.
[Reply]
Page 304 of 660
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314354404 > Last »
Up