ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 328
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:18 PM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
But what about his clubhouse leadership?
Hes such a huge douchebag it kinda sucks that he will be remembered with those championship teams.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:39 PM 09-23-2018

Also, it was Royals' rookie hazing day. The rookies have to wear bright orange prison uniforms with "Department of Corrections" on the back on the plane to Cincy. The uniforms are cut off just below the rear, exposing a lot of skin. Brett Phillips was prancing. Quite the sight.

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) September 23, 2018

[Reply]
cabletech94 03:11 PM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
good for them
[Reply]
tk13 11:45 PM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
First 2 at-bats, and a home run and double for Mondesi. Meanwhile, Keller is 3 innings in with 0 hits.

The future is so bright.
With that HR today, he now has the 4th most HR by a Royals SS in a single season. No joke.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:55 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
First 2 at-bats, and a home run and double for Mondesi. Meanwhile, Keller is 3 innings in with 0 hits.

The future is so bright.
You've seen enough to say the future is bright?

I think they'll be better than originally expected the next few years, but there are still questions across the board plus likely a small payroll.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:04 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
You've seen enough to say the future is bright?

I think they'll be better than originally expected the next few years, but there are still questions across the board plus likely a small payroll.
I don't get the small payroll thing..Because Dayton said so like he says every year or some columnist guessed the team was losing money?
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:09 AM 09-24-2018
Jesus Christ, every year some retard has to bitch about a small payroll because Every. Single. Year. Dayton says we will have to reduce the payroll.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:14 AM 09-24-2018
Nothing wrong with reducing the payroll. Why would a team invest significant money in a shitty roster? Bankroll the money for future years.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:14 AM 09-24-2018
No reason not to have a small payroll right now (starting next year and the year after, mainly).

Let the young guys on cheap contracts play and see what you got. Let the expensive aging veteran contracts expire (Gordo, Kennedy).

Based on the last few years, I have no doubt that if the Royals are competitive and competing for playoff spots again in 2021, 22, etc. that Glass will up the payroll again to try and get us over the hump.

He got a taste of winning the last few years and loved it and it completely redefined his image in this community. He seems to really care about his legacy here now, whether that's due to getting older, his son eventually taking over as team owner here or what.

The days of the sad, sorry sack Royals and their cheap ways are over . . . . .
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:19 AM 09-24-2018
Oh, and even though I know it's been mentioned multiple times in this thread, what a pickup by Moore to get Keller off the scrap heap. Hell of a job by the scouting dept. and Moore to signing off on it.

And Mondesi every day looks more and more like the star that we were told he would be . . . . . .

Fun times.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:24 AM 09-24-2018
1. I don't think they are able to reduce cost next year with guys like Gordon, Duffy, and Kennedy still on the books and not tradeable.

2. Once they come off the books I think they will reinvest that money into the team and not just pocket it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:25 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
The 810 zone meltdown?
https://www.fangraphs.com/tht/learni...the-clubhouse/

Found it
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:30 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Jesus Christ, every year some retard has to bitch about a small payroll because Every. Single. Year. Dayton says we will have to reduce the payroll.
Uh....the payroll is already small. Unless you consider 19th out of 30 teams a high payroll.

Did I say anything about reducing? Although it likely will drop.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:32 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
1. I don't think they are able to reduce cost next year with guys like Gordon, Duffy, and Kennedy still on the books and not tradeable.

2. Once they come off the books I think they will reinvest that money into the team and not just pocket it.
I'm pretty sure the payroll will still be significantly lower than this year even with those guys. I believe I read that it could drop below $100 million, but I don't have the source available
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:35 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'm pretty sure the payroll will still be significantly lower than this year even with those guys. I believe I read that it could drop below $100 million, but I don't have the source available
Hard to do with 5 guys making 65 million. At least Hammel and Esky come off the books. So thats about 12 million not pissed away again.
[Reply]
Page 304 of 328
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314 > Last »
Up