ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 302 of 386
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312352 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:24 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
It would've been FAR better if Rhaegal had just died to Undead Viserys and they had never had that ridiculous scene of shooting him down..
Same with Missandei. Would have made the crypts twist! actually have a narrative purpose.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:25 PM 05-12-2019
Patch notes for season 8 episode 5:

Scorpions nerfed

Drogon buffed
[Reply]
Frazod 09:25 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It seems like the writers are subverting expectations just to subvert expectations instead of subverting expectations in a logical way for the characters to do so.

Tywain setting up the red wedding? Logical.
Dany going all sociopath burn them all? Not logical.
Seems like Tywin and Robert were right about her all along. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:27 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Yeah in our Deadpool right now I'm just marking her and Jamie as MIA. If they don't show up again in the last episode they gone.
They surely can't have Cersi die like that. I imagine she and Jaime will survive and climb out of the rubble then hopefully she will get her throat slit or stabbed in the stomach.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:27 PM 05-12-2019
I will say Clegane Bowl was absolutely awesome. So at least they got that right.

I was actually really enjoying the episode until Dany's period started.

I guess they felt it was better to spend a zillion dollars on CGI than write a proper ending.

They could have cut the effects in that episode by half, had NONE in the finale and made a better ending.

I'm sure these clowns will fuck up Star Wars next.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:28 PM 05-12-2019
Qyburn getting his head smashed into a rock was somewhat satisfying.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:29 PM 05-12-2019
Qyburn getting his head smashed into a rock was somewhat satisfying.
Unironically the best part of the episode.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:30 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Seems like Tywin and Robert were right about her all along. :-)
Cersei too.....remember when she talked about the foreigners coming to rape and kill your families? Ah yes...
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:30 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They surely can't have Cersi die like that. I imagine she and Jaime will survive and climb out of the rubble then hopefully she will get her throat slit or stabbed in the stomach.
Well her and Jamie only have one episode left. Hard to see them doing anything if they were still alive but fuck over the top of a dead body. Not much time to do anything else.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:31 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That scene reminded me of how disappointed I was the first time I saw Empire Strikes Back as a kid.

Wait.... Vader is Luke's father? What the hell? How is that possible? Is he lying? Luke believes him, though. Is Luke just gullible and stupid? This sucks!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:31 PM 05-12-2019
Drogon and Dany are two of the most badass characters in the show and now...just fuck them both. Fuck 'em.

FUCKING SHIT SUCKS
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:31 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It seems like the writers are subverting expectations just to subvert expectations instead of subverting expectations in a logical way for the characters to do so.

Tywain setting up the red wedding? Logical.
Dany going all sociopath burn them all? Not logical.
I watch EP and writer explaining why they are doing what they're doing on Inside the Episode. I have HBO GO too where you get that after each episode. But they are also on You Tube. They don't sound illogical after you hear their reasoning.

I don't see Dany's turn as illogical in terms of her background. Her brother was cruel, her dad went mad. It's in her and the events of feeling betrayed, distrusted, advisors turning on her and unloved by those people is logical from that pov, if not from a person with out that streak in her family. She looked defeated emotionally when Tyrion told her about the betrayal by Varys.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:32 PM 05-12-2019
Aaron Rodgers was in this episode. Wut.

Incredible performance tonight by Mr @AaronRodgers12 pic.twitter.com/NnETtVWkFi

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) May 13, 2019

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:33 PM 05-12-2019
Yeah that's probably a fair point. I might be feeling the same thing I did when Ned got his melon lopped off.

I think Dany going all crazy bitch was a bit over the top though. Her completely going nuts murdering innocents was so far out of character it doesn't seem to fit to me.
Except the subversion was logical. Joffery was a sociopath that Cersi couldn't really control so he threw Varys deal and Littlefinger plans into a full scale war by executing Ned instead of having him take the black.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:33 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's exactly the issue with these later seasons. They're writing with the destination in mind rather than figuring out where the logic could take them. The latter approach is much more interesting but results in GRRM never being able to finish it. The former is hard to accept at all once you're used to the latter.

So here we are. It sucks, but I've decided to take a zen approach to it and accept it for what it is. At least we only have to handle one more week.
I mean, people were bitching that the show should have stopped at the Battle of Winterfell and that 2 episodes let alone 3 was too much time. Honestly don't think anybody would be happy with the show's march to an ending unless it went 10+ more seasons. The mad queen arc was pretty rushed but they packed a lot of that heel turn into one episode. What do people expect. Maybe they could have spent more time on the scheming and the politics than the actual destruction itself. Hopefully the books do. But for TV, if you forget about the setup, the last half of this episode was hella entertaining.
[Reply]
Page 302 of 386
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312352 > Last »
Up