ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 302 of 335
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:19 PM 07-31-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I believe this is the one I went off of and yes, it does make it better.

http://boiledleather.com/post/259025...ng-order-for-a
Awesome, thanks! That explanation makes a lot of sense as well. It must have really sucked for the people who read the books as they came out and had to wait a decade between books three and five to find out what happened even though in the story time line basically no time had passed for a lot of the characters.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:26 PM 07-31-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
:-)

I'm at 30 ppg, but the default is 15, so I thought I'd just go with that for a number.
I'm at 80. Amateur. :-)
[Reply]
Swanman 09:56 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Awesome, thanks! That explanation makes a lot of sense as well. It must have really sucked for the people who read the books as they came out and had to wait a decade between books three and five to find out what happened even though in the story time line basically no time had passed for a lot of the characters.
Books 4 and 5 share a common timeline for the most part. For example, in book 4 there is a chapter from Sam's point of view and then in book 5 there is a chapter from Jon's point of view that happened at the exact same time.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:38 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
How do you guys want to handle pics of the GOT set for 2017 . Actors in obvious plot points. Danerys in Kings Landing, battle scene with new alliances etc.

They will come out. So we just post them in here or spoiler them? Up to the group to decide.
I vote to spoiler them. It takes two seconds for the poster to do it.

As always, once an episode has aired, it's not a spoiler to talk about it.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:40 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Quit acting like you own this thread.
As a mod he can kick people out of the thread, and he asked a very reasonable question.

So what's the problem?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:25 PM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
As a mod he can kick people out of the thread, and he asked a very reasonable question.

So what's the problem?
WTF vailpass. Keep your BS in DC.
[Reply]
Hawk 04:41 PM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yeah, I came into the books when Book 5 was just about to come out, so my wait wasn't too long, but I can imagine how pissed I'd be if I waited 5 years after Book 3 for Book 4 to come out, and then he releases it and there's no Jon, Dany or Tyrion chapters in book 4 at all. Then wait another 5 years for book 5. So it took 10 years after book 3 was released to get any more story on those three main characters. Pretty messed up.

Having read book 4 first before book 5 came out, and then reading book 5, and then having re-read them both all together as one big book using one of the chapter lists on-line, I can say that I STRONGLY preferred reading them together as one book, so I highly recommend that approach. It's just a lot better that way IMO. Everything flows better that way.

Book 1 that you're on now is very similar to the show. They really followed the books pretty closely that first season. Things diverge more in book 2, and even more so in book 3, then the show went almost completely off book for seasons 5 and 6 (books 4 and 5). I mean there are still a lot of book things in the show, and the major characters mostly end up in the same general places, but the story is very different. I think this will actually make it easier for you to read books 4 and 5 though since it won't be quite as familiar to you.

Books 4 and 5 provide a lot of fodder for theories and include a lot of world-building, so they have less action than book 3 (which was by far my favorite). If you enjoy all the theories, etc., then you will like those books. If you just want the action spoon fed to you, they may be harder to get through. I really liked them, but I love all the theories and such.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:55 PM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Yeah, I came into the books when Book 5 was just about to come out, so my wait wasn't too long, but I can imagine how pissed I'd be if I waited 5 years after Book 3 for Book 4 to come out, and then he releases it and there's no Jon, Dany or Tyrion chapters in book 4 at all. Then wait another 5 years for book 5. So it took 10 years after book 3 was released to get any more story on those three main characters. Pretty messed up.

Having read book 4 first before book 5 came out, and then reading book 5, and then having re-read them both all together as one big book using one of the chapter lists on-line, I can say that I STRONGLY preferred reading them together as one book, so I highly recommend that approach. It's just a lot better that way IMO. Everything flows better that way.

Book 1 that you're on now is very similar to the show. They really followed the books pretty closely that first season. Things diverge more in book 2, and even more so in book 3, then the show went almost completely off book for seasons 5 and 6 (books 4 and 5). I mean there are still a lot of book things in the show, and the major characters mostly end up in the same general places, but the story is very different. I think this will actually make it easier for you to read books 4 and 5 though since it won't be quite as familiar to you.

Books 4 and 5 provide a lot of fodder for theories and include a lot of world-building, so they have less action than book 3 (which was by far my favorite). If you enjoy all the theories, etc., then you will like those books. If you just want the action spoon fed to you, they may be harder to get through. I really liked them, but I love all the theories and such.
Thanks for the analysis. I actually decided to start reading the books after reading about all of the theories out there and just in general seeing how large the world is and how much stuff exists. I know the show can't give all of that so I wanted to see it in its original form to gain a better understanding of everything, especially the history prior to the events of the show. Those histories and lores HBO put out do help provide context but they just got me wanting more.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:02 PM 08-02-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:

So what's the problem?
:-) ffs man.
[Reply]
Fish 08:37 PM 08-07-2016
:-).......

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:39 PM 08-07-2016
:-) Nice.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:29 AM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I love these narrative summations nearly as much as I love the show itself. With such a sprawling saga, it's easy to forget the little notes that make up the symphony of a character's narrative arc.

I don't think Tyrion will ever be more than a Hand, but I'm fully invested in Danerys and Jon coming to an agreement, romantic, incestual or otherwise.

Dany has proven greatness through 'miracles,' dragons and fire are hard to downplay as motivators for divine right.

Jon has proven greatness through moral rectitude, and a singular miracle of his own [though not of his doing].
Another great installment.

[Reply]
Bowser 12:06 PM 08-11-2016
Outstanding. Thanks for posting those.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
My bad, one thing I didn't think of when I typed that out: Episode previews/pics shown by HBO. The little clips they put out before the show airs and the pics they release that go with articles. I don't watch the previews and I completely forgot about that. I would say that previews and pics authorized for release by HBO should be OK as non spoilers (more of a tease than a spoiler). But something like that could still be considered a spoiler by some so I really don't know.
OP updated. I also added actors because they are under orders to not reveal anything so anything they post on Instagram or social media shouldn't have any spoilers.

Everyone cool with it, what do you want change or add?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:05 PM 08-11-2016

[Reply]
Page 302 of 335
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Up