ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3011 of 4908
« First < 2011251129112961300130073008300930103011 301230133014301530213061311135114011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:26 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Yes, he did have a really great start to his career. I’m not sure why everyone here wants to compare him to a QB who retired more than 20 years ago, but some recent names seem to be missing from that list.

Wilson would be at 33. Obviously not as good as Mahomes, but beating everyone else. What’s also interesting to me is that Wilson was at 3 TDs per INT for his first 100 TDs, and since then he has been throwing 3.6 TDs per INT.
Despite Mahomes historical start to his NFL career, its safe to say he came into the league with the reputation of a bit of a gunslinger (off platform throws, trying to squeeze balls into windows most QB's wouldn't try, etc.) Generally, this has worked pretty well for him. He did have 12 INT's his first year starting, but then cut it back significantly the next 2 years. Obviously, last year it increased a little back towards the number he had his rookie season (13, instead of 12).

I'm not sure by your previous posts if you're trying to indicate Mahomes is becoming more interception prone and Wilson is becoming less? I'm not sure one year makes a trend. I would consider it more of an outlier at this point. It's no secret that Mahomes suffered some bad luck last year, particularly deflections off Tyreeks' hands. Passes that should not have been interceptions became interceptions. Now, has he had some good luck in the prior years with the opposite being true? Yeah. But generally, I think that's true of all QB's. There are some stretches of fortunate bounces and unfortunate ones.

I would say, at least for elite QB's, generally as they age and become more cerebral and less reliant on their athletic ability (because they have to), they tend to cut the interceptions down. Several examples of that (Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc.) Even your guy Russ has seemed to trim his down a little. I think you'll see that with Mahomes too eventually (even though his TD/INT ratio is already historically low). He'll get even better as he ages, as most elite QB's tend to do . . . . . . .
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:28 AM 08-03-2022

WR/returner Montrell Washington might be the star of this Broncks draft class.

Loved the selection on draft day (we interviewed him right after he was picked, he was getting chicken hadn't expected to be drafted).

Has been an absolute stud here at training camp.

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) August 3, 2022

:-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:33 AM 08-03-2022
Yes, he did have a really great start to his career. I’m not sure why everyone here wants to compare him to a QB who retired more than 20 years ago, but some recent names seem to be missing from that list.

Wilson would be at 33. Obviously not as good as Mahomes, but beating everyone else. What’s also interesting to me is that Wilson was at 3 TDs per INT for his first 100 TDs, and since then he has been throwing 3.6 TDs per INT.
LOL. Always on the search for a stat that compares favorably.

Is it interesting to you that Wilson has a lower career TD% and a higher INT%? Or a career sack % that is more than double that of Mahomes?

Btw, Wilson's TD/INT ratio has been Alex Smith-esque the last 1.5 years, since teams started giving him a lot of 2 deep coverages. That's probably not going to improve with a weaker receiving corps.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:34 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-)
You've said that about every rookie WR that ends up being invisible once the season starts...one of these time you'll be right.

Losing Patrick forces your OC to completely reshuffle the offense...he was like 6-4"/210

Washington is 5-10/170...
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:37 AM 08-03-2022
He'll be getting chicken for Moobs now. Good call general!
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:42 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Or a career sack % that is more than double that of Mahomes?
This is the stat that isn't registering with Donk homers...and I've brought it up multiple times.

Wilson has always taken a lot of sacks...

It's a bad pairing with the 6th worst pass protection OL...

Donks have a completely green back-up QB after losing Lock...being that they might be battling for that 7th WC slot...Wilson goes down for a half, that single game could determine their season.

That's the risk of having a paper-thin roster...
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:45 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You've said that about every rookie WR that ends up being invisible once the season starts...one of these time you'll be right.

Losing Patrick forces your OC to completely reshuffle the offense...he was like 6-4"/210

Washington is 5-10/170...
Sutton is 6'4'' 220 and Jeudy is 6'1'' 200. We'll still have size at WR.

The offense will be more explosive and Patrick's injury gives guys like Juedy, Hamler and Washington a chance to show out.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:55 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
We come up with new stat measures every day around here.

I'll leave it with this, when Elway retired he ranked all-time:

#1 wins by a QB - now he is #6
#2 passing yards (Marino was ahead of him) - now he is #11
#3 passing TDs (Marino and Tarkenton were ahead of him) - now he is #13

Elway played in 5 SBs and won 2 of them, with a SB MVP.
Double digit wins in 9 of 16 seasons.
10 playoff appearances in 16 seasons.

Elway retired after the 1998 season just as the league was becoming more pass friendly and the rules about hitting the QBs were becoming nothing like the league had seen in the previous 3 decades.

Reeves knew how to win, but those first 10 years of Elway's career could have been better from a stats perspective had a more offense friendly coach and philosophy been in place. Those of you that are old enough to remember those games in the 80s will have a hard time refuting that fact... with a straight face anyway.

When you look at the leaderboard now for most stats (even that fun little meme focused on 100th TDs and the INT count), you have to admit that those guys for the most part are all from the last 25 years.

Elway was greatness and it would have been a lot of fun watching him play in today's NFL. Comparing him to Eli is fun for shits and giggles... Elway didn't always win pretty, but he was a hell of a QB and a great player.

I'll let you kids continue doing what you do, but that's all I've got to add in regards to stats and legacy. Have fun.
TLDR
Elway sucks. Mahomes is the man. Got it!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:01 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Interesting stats...

Patrick/Fant accounted for 18 TDs...2020/2021

Jeudy/Sutton/Okwuegbunam accounted for 8 TDs...2020/2021

Ouch...those two were ruffly 60% of their receiving TD production.
Interesting...

Sutton missed all of 2020. Albert O was a rookie behind Fant in 2020 and #2 TE in 2021. I know, that doesn't matter though.

I think it sucks to lose Fant, but it is what it is. Losing Patrick is the bigger loss, that guy proved to be legitimate and he will be missed.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:03 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Sutton is 6'4'' 220 and Jeudy is 6'1'' 200. We'll still have size at WR.

The offense will be more explosive and Patrick's injury gives guys like Juedy, Hamler and Washington a chance to show out.
Can't sugarcoat the loss of Patrick, he will be missed in that offense.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:03 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
TLDR
Elway sucks. Mahomes is the man. Got it!
Thanks for the summary.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:10 PM 08-03-2022
So… Mahomes now has 151 TDs and 37 INTs.

That means over his first 100 TDs, he threw 5.3 TDs per INT. Since then, he’s thrown 2.8 TDs per INT. Interesting.
The 5.3:1 ratio wasn't sustainable realistically. One year with a bit of bad luck in the INT category will drag the ratio down as well.

I don't think many Chiefs fans are worried at this point.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:22 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The 5.3:1 ratio wasn't sustainable realistically. One year with a bit of bad luck in the INT category will drag the ratio down as well.

I don't think many Chiefs fans are worried at this point.
And, the 50 TD year skews it as well - he's averaged 33 the following 3 seasons. Still strong as hell.

Overall, in Pat's first 3 seasons - 76 TDs and 18 INTs. Justin Herbert is pretty close with 69 TDs and 25 INTs in his first 2 seasons. Games with those 2 should be fun to watch for the next decade.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:29 PM 08-03-2022
The Broncos have dick at CB outside of Surtain, so I can only imagine how bad the corners are that Washington is going against every day.
[Reply]
GROB 12:36 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Interesting...

Sutton missed all of 2020. Albert O was a rookie behind Fant in 2020 and #2 TE in 2021. I know, that doesn't matter though.

I think it sucks to lose Fant, but it is what it is. Losing Patrick is the bigger loss, that guy proved to be legitimate and he will be missed.
They love their stats around here especially ones that have nothing to do with this year because of the tire fire that was the QB since 2015. They can't put together a real argument so just throw hack articles and Fantasy Football type stats.
[Reply]
Page 3011 of 4908
« First < 2011251129112961300130073008300930103011 301230133014301530213061311135114011 > Last »
Up