ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 300 of 386
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310350 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:05 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Agree.

But can we talk about the Golden Company? Why the hell did they randomly introduce them to the story if they were just gonna run away? :-)
They got roasted right off the bat.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:07 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They really shouldn't have shown us the reloading of the Scorpions. Now it makes episode 4 even dumber in hindsight.
A guy with a deer rifle knocked out a president of the United States. Sometimes shit happens.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:07 PM 05-12-2019

[Reply]
Amnorix 09:08 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I guess she is her father's daughter after all.

And I wanted Cersei dead, but not like that. I was hoping Jaime was going to shove his golden hand through her chest, but apparently he went all bitch bag too and really was just wanting to get back to her and save her. Pure shit.

At no point over the last however many seasons has Jaime ever shown any inclination at all to harm Cercei in any way. Absent her trying to blown up King's Landing King Aerys style, what is the logic for him doing that, other than satisfying our (the viewer's) desire to see that bitch die painfully by being betrayed by the one that she loves?

I'm not sure that Jaime's character arc isn't the best of them all. At least he's consistent -- a genuinely good guy with ONE stunningly massive, overwhelming, blind spot, which is that his morals and common sense go completely out the window where his twin sister is concerned.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:08 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
A guy with a deer rifle knocked out a president of the United States. Sometimes shit happens.
I'm talking about how 11 ships were rapid firing the Scorpion bolts.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:09 PM 05-12-2019
They really shouldn't have shown us the reloading of the Scorpions. Now it makes episode 4 even dumber in hindsight.

It would've been FAR better if Rhaegal had just died to Undead Viserys and they had never had that ridiculous scene of shooting him down..
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:10 PM 05-12-2019
Fuck this show. Seriously. I can't believe the way they are ending this shit. It makes no sense and comes across like a script written by a 5th grader. This is possibly the most disappointing thing since the Star Wars prequels...When you think of how absolutely awesome this show was, to end it like this is like spitting in the face of the fans.

I just can't...
[Reply]
Bowser 09:10 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
At no point over the last however many seasons has Jaime ever shown any inclination at all to harm Cercei in any way. Absent her trying to blown up King's Landing King Aerys style, what is the logic for him doing that, other than satisfying our (the viewer's) desire to see that bitch die painfully by being betrayed by the one that she loves?

I'm not sure that Jaime's character arc isn't the best of them all. At least he's consistent -- a genuinely good guy with ONE stunningly massive, overwhelming, blind spot, which is that his morals and common sense go completely out the window where his twin sister is concerned.
Maybe I'm equating book Jaime and where he's apparently headed to show Jaime. That's where I'm screwing it up.

I'd take Cersei dying at Arya's hand or being eaten by Drogon over getting crushed beneath King's Landing, though.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:11 PM 05-12-2019
I'm talking about how 11 ships were rapid firing the Scorpion bolts.

Much less snuck up on flying dragons

Much less were able to shoot so accurately at flying dragons, at a long distance, from MOVING SHIPS with very few shots.

So f'ing stupid it's painful to think about.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:13 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Maybe I'm equating book Jaime and where he's apparently headed to show Jaime. That's where I'm screwing it up.

I'd take Cersei dying at Arya's hand or being eaten by Drogon over getting crushed beneath King's Landing, though.

I absolutely would too, but you don't get satisfying endings all the time, especially in Game of Thrones. Sometimes Hitler just blows his damn brains out before anyone gets to him. Sometimes a building falls on Cercei before anyone else can get to her.

It's not tremendously satisfying, but it's not patently stupid. The list of patently stupid things is too long for me to worry much about not being perfectly satisfied.
[Reply]
DanBecky 09:13 PM 05-12-2019
That Bronn story line was pretty sick
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:13 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
It would've been FAR better if Rhaegal had just died to Undead Viserys and they had never had that ridiculous scene of shooting him down..
Yep. Makes the Night King the most bad ass character in the show, being the only one to kill a dragon, and 2 of them at that. Instead, he shares the feat of killing a dragon with deus ex horny pirate.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:14 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Fuck this show. Seriously. I can't believe the way they are ending this shit. It makes no sense and comes across like a script written by a 5th grader. This is possibly the most disappointing thing since the Star Wars prequels...When you think of how absolutely awesome this show was, to end it like this is like spitting in the face of the fans.

I just can't...
At this point, I'm just hoping we don't have a surprise guest appearance by Jar Jar Binks...
[Reply]
Bowser 09:15 PM 05-12-2019
Yep. Makes the Night King the most bad ass character in the show, being the only one to kill a dragon, and 2 of them at that. Instead, he shares the feat of killing a dragon with deus ex horny pirate.
Rapey Jack Sparrow
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:15 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
That Bronn story line was pretty sick
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 300 of 386
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310350 > Last »
Up