ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 163
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:13 PM 10-11-2006
At the bow shop, I heard a guy near Cedar Rapids already clocked a 235.

This morning, a coworker showed me a pic of a small buck he shot last night......It moved its head or something and the arrow went through both earholes instead of the chest....a wtf moment.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:36 PM 10-11-2006
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
I whacked it 3 times last night..... good huntin.....
...and then nothin in the bag to show for it...
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:37 PM 10-11-2006
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
This morning, a coworker showed me a pic of a small buck he shot last night......It moved its head or something and the arrow went through both earholes instead of the chest....a wtf moment.
Sounds like mah baar, Excedrin.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:45 PM 10-30-2006
I heard a good story today.

A former co-worker, who is a couple of years removed from taking a 220+ class whitetail...filled his tag last night. Thats not the good part.

As the story goes....with dusk quickly approaching, a last grunt on his buck call draws a brisk entry of a medium sized 10 point buck....it comes very close to the guys stand, he decides to take a shot I wouldn't have, and shoots between the shoulder blades, seeing arrow strike ground beneath deer with a passthrough.

The buck goes a few yards and lies down. He waits a while, but not long enough and gets down from the perch in his tree to claim the prize. As he approaches and leans in, the Buck wildly raises its head as if shouting "AH HA!" and hits him in the chest, knocking him to the ground....as he comes to hands and knees, unable to see, realizes he's face to face with a snorting, angry, wounded buck....which proceeds to drill him again, knocking him ass over teakettle....

unable to see well, he allegedly begins to run like the wind, with deer in pursuit..through briars, brambles and thorn thicket.....he finds distance, strings arrow, draws and places finishing shot.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:27 PM 10-31-2006
Anyone tagged out yet?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:34 PM 10-31-2006
Shot 7 crows last Saturday, The third one flew about 100 yards after being shot, went over my house when it folded and fell 10 feet from the old lady who was getting groceries from the back of the mini-van. Damn I wish it would have hit her in the head.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 03:35 PM 10-31-2006
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Shot 7 crows last Saturday, The third one flew about 100 yards after being shot, went over my house when it folded and fell 10 feet from the old lady who was getting groceries from the back of the mini-van. Damn I wish it would have hit her in the head.
I think you get bonus points for that.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 03:13 PM 11-06-2006
Just got back from Elk Camp.
Attached: Elk camp 1.jpg (52.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 03:24 PM 11-06-2006
Pure protein
Attached: on the pole.jpg (86.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Scaga 03:26 PM 11-06-2006
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
Just got back from Elk Camp.
ummm.... Elk hunt?
Isn't that Spanish?

I love el khunt
[Reply]
bogie 03:27 PM 11-06-2006
I fly into KC Friday night and drive 2 1/2 hours to the farm. All the gang will already be at deer camp when I get there. Some will be liquored up, some will be sober, everyone will be having fun. I had my nephew put my portable stand up for me. He put it about 50 yards north of my usual tree, so I'll get to hunt some new realestate. On Saturday morning, in pitch dark, I have no doubt I'm going to have a difficult time finding the new stand. While I'm searching, I'm sure my mind will convince me that the first bear ever spotted on the farm is stalking me as I try to locate my stand. I CAN'T WAIT!
[Reply]
bogie 03:28 PM 11-06-2006
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
Pure protein
Awesome
[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 03:34 PM 11-06-2006
Anyone got any good Duck/Pheasant recipes? A group of us went on a hunting trip to Texas this weekend. Ended up with 25 pheasant and 27 ducks. We're planning a big cookout and want to prepare it a couple different ways.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 03:46 PM 11-06-2006
Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg:
Anyone got any good Duck/Pheasant recipes? A group of us went on a hunting trip to Texas this weekend. Ended up with 25 pheasant and 27 ducks. We're planning a big cookout and want to prepare it a couple different ways.
Pheasant is easy, you can cook it almost any way that you cook chicken. Pheasant fajitas are great. There are tons of recipes for pheasant. Duck on the other hand I'd love a good recipe to use on them. We make duck chili 1/2 duck and 1/2 breakfast sausage with rotel tomatoes and standard chili ingrediants.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 03:52 PM 11-06-2006
Elk camp was awesome. I saw 6 or 7 bulls the bull on the left was mine in a tag team with my brother. The spike on the right was my friend Leon's he was hunting spikes and got his last thurs. I got mine on fri afternoon. Believe it or not this was the smallest bull I saw. I missed the biggest one opening morning (wed). It was a huge 7x7 that was the biggest elk I've seen outside of a zoo.

I glassed this one at almost a half of a mile away and got my brother to help with the final stalk. He got one shot into it and I finished it off. My first bull and the best Elk Camp/hunting camp I've ever been in.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 163
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up