ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 192
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:30 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Just trade up for Egbuka or Odunze and be done
I am much more down with this plan than spending the same type of draft capital to get an Aiyuk or Pittman. Not sure how high you'd have to get on Egbuka, but considering I think he's better than any WR taken last year and he's the 4th guy in this draft, it's a palatable price. Even if KC ends up drafting lower than currently slotted (as I think it will).

Getting to around #20 to get Egbuka is pretty do-able. If that even ends up being required. Obviously Harrison and Nabers are off the board before him, as well as Odunze, but I could also see Leggette and Coleman jumping him with great combine results.

KC isn't overflowing with extra picks, but there are several teams with a second first in the teens, which makes it much more achievable to trade up, IMO.

And looking ahead at the 25 WR class, other than Luther Burden (who KC will not be in range to draft unless a calamity occurs), I don't see anything that fits nearly as well as multiple guys in this draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Well, it’s PFF. They’re all dumbasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah - that makes sense now.

Because that was a pretty awful listen. Really just fairly mundane cliched restatements of various skill-sets but ultimately just a rehashing of like 4 things they pay attention to.

2 or 3 pet statistics and "man look at how many releases he has..." over and over and over again.

I wanted to like it because how could a 90 minute breakdown on the WRs in this draft NOT pique my interest. But it was pretty damn bad.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 01-05-2024
I'm not trading for Pittman. He doesn't fit here like Aiyuk.

I just think Aiyuk would be a top 5, 1700 yard 10 TD guy here. With his route running and separation and such.....pair him with Rice for the next 3 years and it's a top 3 WR pair in the league.

But if I could get Egbuka with our first, I'd go that route grudgingly. I don't think his upside is what Aiyuk's woudl be here but he looks alot like the next "guy that gets drafted lower than some others and ends up being a badass".

Odunze is probably a top 15 guy, I don't think there will be a way he falls below Leggett and Coleman even if they test better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:35 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
McConkey is Renfrow 2.0. Great if you allow him time to lose a guy, but absolutely not going to work as a guy you NEED at X spot at Y time. He could work, but not for us.
I just loved listening to them talk about Renfrow as a clear win for them. "Oh well that DB said that Renfrow was his hardest cover in college, way moreso than Brown, Metcalf, McLaurin and all those other monsters that came out in the draft. And you can see it on tape!"

Meanwhile Brown, Metcalf, McLaurin, Johnson, Deebo, Hollywood....shit, Darius Slatyong - have all had better careers than Renfrow. Hardman hasn't been notably LESS productive.

Renfrow is such a great white hype. He's a GREAT 5th round pick, don't get me wrong. But to sit here and say "See - we told you, all he does is get open!" and contrast him against guys who've had OBVIOUSLY better careers than than him is just the height of stupidity.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:36 AM 01-05-2024
I'm not trading for Pittman. He doesn't fit here like Aiyuk.

I just think Aiyuk would be a top 5, 1700 yard 10 TD guy here. With his route running and separation and such.....pair him with Rice for the next 3 years and it's a top 3 WR pair in the league.

But if I could get Egbuka with our first, I'd go that route grudgingly. I don't think his upside is what Aiyuk's woudl be here but he looks alot like the next "guy that gets drafted lower than some others and ends up being a badass".

Odunze is probably a top 15 guy, I don't think there will be a way he falls below Leggett and Coleman even if they test better.
Oh, I meant that I could see Leggette and Coleman jumping Egbuka.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 01-05-2024
Yeah, I could possibly see that. I still don't think Leggette can end up a first rounder, with the career he's had in college.

Coleman maybe.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Oh, I meant that I could see Leggette and Coleman jumping Egbuka.
{fingers crossed}

I think someone will get some visions of DK Metcalf in their head during the underwear olympics with Legette.

The guy is a tank. That could really have some specific appeal to a team that just values physicality at WR. Coleman's built similarly but doesn't have that high-cut sort of profile that may boost Coleman. And I just think he's kinda slow.

Probably asking too much for BOTH of them to go ahead of Egbuka - but it would sure be nice.
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 01-05-2024
Malachi Corley is my guy in this draft too, everyone get on board.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 01-05-2024
Man......Is there anyway we can get one of the big 3 guys? Nabers would be just swell.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:51 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Coleman's built similarly but doesn't have that high-cut sort of profile that may boost Coleman. And I just think he's kinda slow..
Coleman is not slow. Watch his punt return videos. We need a wr with attitude, some swagger. I’ve normally liked trait guys but I’m leaning toward a guy with some swagger this year. Coleman has that dawg in him. He makes catches and just looks at the db like he doesn’t have a chance after the catch. Adonai Mitchell has that too. He wanted the ball in the semi final game and was upset that they didn’t give him the ball. And they did give him a chance at the end. The ball was just thrown too high. You could see Mitchell trying to keep his feet in the end zone and extend for the catch. We need a wr that has that alpha mentality. Coleman and Mitchell both have that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 01-05-2024
Malachi Corley is my guy in this draft too, everyone get on board.
Hurray! Another shorter group of 5 receiver without a route tree!!! Those guys always work out well.

I need Staylor to tell me how many tackles he's broken. Because that's a pretty big deal.

If he's there in the 4th and we've already signed AND drafted new WRs to set up our top 3, then I'll look at him. But he's just not varied enough.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Coleman is not slow. Watch his punt return videos. We need a wr with attitude, some swagger. I’ve normally liked trait guys but I’m leaning toward a guy with some swagger this year. Coleman has that dawg in him. He makes catches and just looks at the db like he doesn’t have a chance after the catch. Adonai Mitchell has that too. He wanted the ball in the semi final game and was upset that they didn’t give him the ball. And they did give him a chance at the end. The ball was just thrown too high. You could see Mitchell trying to keep his feet in the end zone and extend for the catch. We need a wr that has that alpha mentality. Coleman and Mitchell both have that.
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

EVERY big-name college WR 'has that dawg in him' because he's out there talking his shit against opponents who have maybe 2-3 NFL players on their roster most weeks. It's easy to keep your confidence up then.

Drafting for swagger is truly the most unspeakably inane thing I could possibly imagine doing. Kadarius Toney is LOADED with swagger. Or was - now the dude probably can't tie his shoes without weeping.

These are all high achievers who've busted their asses for most of their lives getting to this point. They all have 'alpha mentalities'. For now.

Gimme the smart and fast one. You can have Shedeur Sanders.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:10 AM 01-05-2024
Toney was barely a wr coming out and still really isn’t. That isn’t a fair comparison. You need both, that alpha number wr and the traits you speak of. What I’m trying to say is, I’d rather have a guy like Adonai Mitchell that is begging for the ball in big moments than a guy like xavier worthy that has incredible traits. If we could trade up in the mid twenties for Rome, if he falls that far, he would be ideal. We traded up for mcduffie and a trade up for Rome could be possible. I just don’t want to go the FA route for a wr. This class is loaded with talent. I’d pick two WRs. One in the first or 2nd. And one in the later rounds.
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hurray! Another shorter group of 5 receiver without a route tree!!! Those guys always work out well.

I need Staylor to tell me how many tackles he's broken. Because that's a pretty big deal.

If he's there in the 4th and we've already signed AND drafted new WRs to set up our top 3, then I'll look at him. But he's just not varied enough.
Oh, he's a mid rounder at best
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:30 AM 01-05-2024
I do need to do some research on Devontez Walker. How well he meshed with Maye when plays break down should be indicative of fit for KC.

He hasn't really been discussed in here or on my radar, but it seems like he should be.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 192
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up