ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 68
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
penguinz 12:28 PM 01-30-2021
Watson will never play beyond the division playoff round.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:28 PM 01-30-2021
Doubt HOU trades Watson to MIA. They obviously will need a QB, and they need to rebuild the defense, add something to the offense. It'll take at least 2 1st rounders, right? And MIA for the foreseeable future (2-3 years?) isn't drafting higher than 20th. Wouldn't be good enough.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:32 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Doubt HOU trades Watson to MIA. They obviously will need a QB, and they need to rebuild the defense, add something to the offense. It'll take at least 2 1st rounders, right? And MIA for the foreseeable future (2-3 years?) isn't drafting higher than 20th. Wouldn't be good enough.
They could give the Texans the #3 pick this year, their 2 round pick this year and a first next year. Plus I’m sure they could find a player to throw in if they had to. If that isn’t enough....then swap out #36 for #18 this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:33 PM 01-30-2021
Mentioning this again....Matt Miller reported that the scouts he talked to last year told him that it was no secret that Nick Caserio loved Tua.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:33 PM 01-30-2021
The Panthers could give up Teddy B, the 8th overall pick and their first round pick next year. Add in another player if you need too.
[Reply]
Shields68 12:36 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They could give the Texans the #3 pick this year, their 2 round pick this year and a first next year. Plus I’m sure they could find a player to throw in if they had to. If that isn’t enough....then swap out #36 for #18 this year.
Yeah Miami has the fire power to make one of the top offers. They have been stockpiling picks. Maybe even would be able to get something for Tua. Say those that should be able make a credible offer if they want Jacksonville, Jets, Miami and Carolina.

Houston's biggest problem is that they sort of mortgaged the future the last couple years. So they are really not in a position to improve the team beyond what they get for Watson. It is going to be a long rebuild.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 01-30-2021
The only reason that I could see them not wanting to trade him to Miami is because of the embarrassment of getting the picks back that they gave up for Tunsil.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:41 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Yeah Miami has the fire power to make one of the top offers. They have been stockpiling picks. Maybe even would be able to get something for Tua. Say those that should be able make a credible offer if they want Jacksonville, Jets, Miami and Carolina.

Houston's biggest problem is that they sort of mortgaged the future the last couple years. So they are really not in a position to improve the team beyond what they get for Watson. It is going to be a long rebuild.
Mahomes and Reid scored a fatality on the Texans in the 2019 playoffs. I kind of like that.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:53 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
This. I'll add that every singe KC fan reading this right now would offer the sun and moon and everything below it for a chance to trade for him if we didn't have #15 playing for us. 5 years ago there would be a 2000 post Watson thread ALREADY if someone like him was available before we drafted Mahomes.

Some you have insanely short memories and no frame of reference. Watson is a franchise QB in every possible sense of the word. Kyler Murray and Josh Allen can't lace that dudes shoes on their best day.

Seattle and Kansas City. There, I just named the only 2 teams in the league that wouldn't trade their starter for Watson. That's it. That's the list. I'm including 2020 NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers in there. GB says yes to that deal and figures out the fan anger later.
Josh Allen is a better player than Deshaun already and he still has more upside to tap into.

Deshaun really can't get much better than he is right now.

You're right about Kyler Murray though.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:19 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They'd could also give up Tua to another team and recover some of that trade value. Maybe even a 3-team deal?
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 01:27 PM 01-30-2021
Florio says Watson has completely scrubbed his social media of anything Texans. :-)

This is getting good.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:42 PM 01-30-2021
:-) one of Watson's agents

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:55 PM 01-30-2021
I think Carolina offers a package of multiple draft picks including the 8th overall pick + Teddy Bridgewater and brings Watson back to near where he played in college.

Also from Houston's perspective it would get him out of the AFC.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:02 PM 01-30-2021
sounds like Watt is out too.

Houston is collapsing
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:05 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
This is like saying SB winning QBs don't score 0 points in the first half like Mahomes did. It's a stupid as **** point based on 1 game. Give him Reid and our weapons and our defense and he doesn't lose that lead. No he's not as good as Mahomes but to act like no other qb can win the superbowl is dumb.

Find me any elite QB and I can find an arbitrary game that shows they "can't win the superbowl".
You're really telling me you think that Mahomes being shut out for the 1st half, but then taking the lead and losing because he wasn't the last one to have the ball is the same thing as Watson going up 24 pts and then being outscored 51-7 the rest of the game while he sits on his sideline pouting? You don't honestly believe that.

Find me an elite QB that comes anywhere close to blowing a playoff game like that. Hell not even elite, find me a 2nd tier QB who has done that.

Only thing I can come up with is Matt Ryan in the SB and even that's not really close. After going up 28-3, Matt Ryan and the Falcons only had 4 more possessions. When the Texans went up 24-0 they had 4 more possessions left in the 1st half and 9 more possessions the rest of the game. Desahun went 9 possessions and was only able to muster up one scoring drive when they were down 41-24. But go on blaming everyone but Deshaun for blowing that game.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 68
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up