ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 53
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:50 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Seems a bit harsh
I was having a bad day yesterday. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:52 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Exactly

But I’d also prefer to stop drafting those types with high draft picks
No more "projects" with 2nd round picks please! :-)
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:54 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
If Pringle becomes the #2 guy over Hardman, isn't that an indication that Hardman is not progressing? You refer to him as a rookie, but next year will be his third season. You draft a guy in the second round expecting him to become an every down starter in several years at most.
I’m not calling Hardman a rookie, I’m gluon the assumption we’ll draft a WR between rounds 1-3. Due to the complexity of Reid’s offense i’m guessing that rookie won’t start right away.
[Reply]
njchiefs 10:58 AM 12-23-2020
I’ve never seen anyone turn on the jets immediately after a catch and accelerate through a small window like Hardman. If he was on a team without a Hill and Watkins, he’d be a stud.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Hardman hasn't been an instant all-pro but I don't think he's at his ceiling yet at least. He'll never be Tyreek, or even a pro bowl WR, but he can grow into a decent #2.

I think the thing holding him back right now is between the ears, but he seems like he has a great attitude and will continue to improve.
He absolutely could be a pro bowl WR. He's already been a pro bowl ST'er.

He just needs more touches, which I'm sure he will start to get in his 3rd year. He's pretty much on track.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
I’ve never seen anyone turn on the jets immediately after a catch and accelerate through a small window like Hardman. If he was on a team without a Hill and Watkins, he’d be a stud.
Yep. That kind of speed can't be taught and it will eventually become a major asset.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:32 AM 12-23-2020
I would inquire about Chris Conley since he’s a FA after this season. Dude was really good when Sammy was out in 2018 and fits a need considering Sammy will inevitably be broken again.

His cap hits were less than $4 million in Jacksonville.

Obviously draft a WR as well but yeah. If we can get Robinson out of here it would be best.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:34 AM 12-23-2020
Exactly

But I’d also prefer to stop drafting those types with high draft picks
Yea because Hardman has given us nothing for the last 2 years!

This is silly. It’s the middle of the 2nd round and we got an immediate impact. What exactly do you expect with a 2nd rounder?

Was Willie Gay one of those picks too?

The draft doesn’t work like you think it does. You can’t just say I want a good starter in the 2nd round and boom there you have it.

Sometimes you get a Thornhill, sometimes you might get a Hardman, and sometimes you might get a Willie Gay.

As long as it’s not a Kpass or a Speaks, you’re doing fine.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea because Hardman has given us nothing for the last 2 years!

This is silly. It’s the middle of the 2nd round and we got an immediate impact. What exactly do you expect with a 2nd rounder?

Was Willie Gay one of those picks too?

The draft doesn’t work like you think it does. You can’t just say I want a good starter in the 2nd round and boom there you have it.

Sometimes you get a Thornhill, sometimes you might get a Hardman, and sometimes you might get a Willie Gay.

As long as it’s not a Kpass or a Speaks, you’re doing fine.
Uh, yeah, it works like that. Somewhat. The draft is always a crap shoot for the most part in those rounds in that you're gonna not always hit. Thats fine.

The 2nd round is a great place to get an immediate starter. Maybe not an immediate impact guy, but you get starters and producers there all the time.

We got immediate impact from Hardman as a ST'er. He's still got a ways to go as a WR.

You can't just speak stuff into existence? Well, duh.

But thus far, as a wr Hardman has been a bit more Kpass than Thornhill
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:39 AM 12-23-2020
I trust Andy/Brett to replace Watkins and Robinson next year. One of those guys will prolly end up in Jax with Bienemy.
[Reply]
O.city 11:40 AM 12-23-2020
I do think we overrate draft picks outside the first round alot.

But you have to hit on a couple of them there as cornerstone type guys. I like Gay alot, but I don't have high expectations for him this year just with it being what it is with the pandemic and such.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:41 AM 12-23-2020
Said it in other threads: if Watkins leaves, Marvin Jones Jr. would be a great replacement. Speed, hands and a savvy route runner. He would not command top tier salary either and in fact come in moderately cheaper than any Watkins extension. Keep that offense loaded for Mahomes. Draft OL/front 7 defenders.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:44 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But it’s an oversimplification. He wasn’t a “fast guy playing football”. He was a guy learning a new position. There’s a difference. He obviously doesn’t have the natural receiving ability that Tyreek did, but most guys look like that when they’re learning a new position.
Tyreek came in and had a learn a new position too. Hardman just isn't the natural footballer that Hill is.
[Reply]
O.city 11:44 AM 12-23-2020
At this point, I'd be more upset about Khalen Saunders in the 3rd.

What the hell has happened to him? He still hurt?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:44 AM 12-23-2020
Uh, yeah, it works like that. Somewhat. The draft is always a crap shoot for the most part in those rounds in that you're gonna not always hit. Thats fine.

The 2nd round is a great place to get an immediate starter. Maybe not an immediate impact guy, but you get starters and producers there all the time.

We got immediate impact from Hardman as a ST'er. He's still got a ways to go as a WR.

You can't just speak stuff into existence? Well, duh.

But thus far, as a wr Hardman has been a bit more Kpass than Thornhill
Well to be fair Hardman is in a tough spot. He was drafted bc we thought Tyreek was done, except he isn’t. And it’s not fair to compare him to Metcalf bc Metcalf is the main weapon on his team whereas he would be the 3rd behind Tyreek and Kelce.

Hardman has 4 TD’s playing less than half of the offensive snaps. He also set the tone for our playoff run with his kickoff return against Houston.

Hardman is by no means a bad pick. He makes us harder to defend on offense, however I think that he’s not getting extended and will be with some other team when his rookie contract runs out.

That’s fine. I have more trust in Andy than anyone in this league when it comes to finding offensive weapons and utilizing them.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 53
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up