« First < 202627282930 31 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:44 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Even after distance, the first one. I thought I only liked it because of the video of home footage. But the other 5 he’s put out all have some real good vibes to them. I think I really like all 5 of them.
Yep, I like them as well. On the guitar parts- I am glad Wolfie is not trying to out-riff his dad or feels he even has to try. His sound is unique and blends perfectly with all the other instruments he is playing. Very talented kid for sure.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:04 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dumb Bear:
That clip just reinforces how much I never really cared for Hagar

Watched a lot of interviews with him past and present, seems like a super cool guy you'd have a blast partying with... but his musical style never really resonated with me, everything kinda sounds the same with him IMO

And nothing highlighted it more than his time with VH, its amazing to me how much he changed their whole chemistry and sound... its almost impossible describe

Give me that old DLR sly, bluesy swagger any old day over Sammy

Daves personality and Eds guitar were custom made for each other
I like both phases of VH for different reasons. I can’t say I like either more than the other. Soooooo many good songs. Sammy wrote all those songs after hearing Ed play the tunes. That says something too. Those lyrics were more than just “party attitude”.

Plus dave decided to leave that “perfect pairing” you describe. So, while his voice and that guitar was great together. Dave left. Soooo. If we wanted to hear more Eddie, Alex, and Michael. They HAD to find a replacement voice. It turned out pretty darn good too..........
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:10 AM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0piS0p...ature=youtu.be

Another new song to like or blast for not sounding like his dad.
I don't like that one as much as "Don't Back Down", but it's decent.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:24 AM 05-25-2021
Another auction update (with some other non-EVH stuff).

Eddie Van Halen and Prince guitars, a Kurt Cobain self-portrait, Bob Dylan lyrics, a KISS drum kit and more go up for auction

The hand-striped, stage-played Charvel EVH Art Series electrics and a 1994 blue Cloud guitar are the six-string highlights from the Music Icons auction

Five Charvel EVH Art Series electric guitars that were hand-striped and played on stage by Eddie Van Halen have gone up for auction.

The rest under spoil...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:07 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Nobody will ever match his dad, including his son and that is perfectly ok. To prove that, here's a fun vid I clicked on randomly after watching Wolf's kick ass song

O. M. G...

That was amazing. I don't know that song either...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:34 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Another auction update (with some other non-EVH stuff).
I hate seeing items like this selling for tens of thousands of dollars because those guitars are just off the shelf Fenders and absolutely nothing special, whatsoever.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:36 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Nobody will ever match his dad, including his son and that is perfectly ok. To prove that, here's a fun vid I clicked on randomly after watching Wolf's kick ass song
Cool vid but the guy holding the guitar is a dope.

Eddie's sound in that video a Soldano SLO with two Eventide H949's run in stereo with the left cabinet delayed by about 15 milliseconds, which makes it sound much larger than a mono cabinet. It's not a difficult sound to replicate, at all, but what makes it special, of course, is Eddie's playing.
[Reply]
TLO 08:41 PM 05-25-2021
RIP again
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:28 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I hate seeing items like this selling for tens of thousands of dollars because those guitars are just off the shelf Fenders and absolutely nothing special, whatsoever.
I guess "stage played" and "signed" is the difference.

Guitar World has a pic of all 5 together.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:24 AM 05-26-2021

Dude, it's a scam. Half the time, the real artist doesn't sign those instruments and "stage played" generally means the guitar was brought on stage during soundcheck.

It's really difficult to "verify" those types of things and in the end, people are overpaying for an instrument that cost less than $300 dollars to manufacture.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:27 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dude, it's a scam. Half the time, the real artist doesn't sign those instruments and "stage played" generally means the guitar was brought on stage during soundcheck......
Ya, they don't look very "stage played" do they?
[Reply]
Dayze 11:01 AM 05-26-2021
on the subject of signed guitars, i've got my old Fender Talon signed by Joe Satriani. I had him sign it when a local little guitar shop sold something like 75-100 tickets for like $30 each (not sure, but I remember it was dirt cheap); they closed the shop and let everyone with a ticket in, and Satch jammed on his new (at the time) signature amp for probably an hour; answered questions, demonstrated some technique. Wife brought our G3 ticket stubs for him to autograph, and I jokingly said "you think you can sign my guitar"? without missing a beat he said "absolutely". I ran to my car and grabbed it. I've never played that particular guitar since. at each one of these events, I guess Satch donated all the cash from the tickets to a local music program.

man..it was a trip seeing one of your guitar idols up close, playing flawlessly and interacting with him. I couldn't believe it was standing about 8-10' in front of him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:10 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
on the subject of signed guitars, i've got my old Fender Talon signed by Joe Satriani.
Now that's cool. It's real and not some phony "charity" or "auction" for some Chinese or Mexican made junk guitar that is absolutely nothing like an original made by a specific luthier for the artist.

And yeah, everything time I've run into Joe, he's always been super cool and down to earth. The guy gets it.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:47 AM 05-26-2021

2, 3, 1, 5, 4
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:28 PM 10-06-2021
Wow, been a year already?

Continue to RIP.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 31
« First < 202627282930 31 >
Up