ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 35
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:07 AM 01-08-2021
I have said this numerous times in the thread comparing Mahomes and Lamar Jackson.

We believe we have the best QB in the NFL, as do most people in and around the NFL.

This is the best time to be a Chiefs fan ever. But, because we have just been broken so many times by disappointment, our fan base has become so defensive and reactionary.

We no longer have to tear down other QBs to make us feel better about our QB. We think we have the best QB, and fortunately there are so many stats, and all-time milestones that back up our belief in Mahomes.

But other QBs can be good, too. Lamar Jackson led the NFL in TD passes last year, and people still wanted to bash him as only being a RB. But who cares? He seems incapable of coming from behind to win, and has proven himself incapable of winning in the playoffs.

No need to bash him. His play speaks for itself.

And it's the same thing with Watson and Allen, and soon to be Herbert, Burrow, Murray, etc. They can be good. If people want to claim they are better than Mahomes, so what?

In three years as a starter, he threw for 50/5000 and lost the AFC Championship Game on a ridiculous neutral zone infraction and a coin toss. Then took the Chiefs one and a half steps further the next year, and won the Super Bowl and was named Super Bowl MVP. And followed that up by leading the Chiefs to the best record in football, and the #1 overall seed in the AFC, which comes with the only bye in the playoffs.

Other QBs can be good. Fans, pundits, and sites like PFF can manipulate or create all sorts of stats to try and prove that there is a better QB than Mahomes. So what? Let them run their mouths, because our guy wins, and he wins when the games are under the bright lights, and he wins when the stakes are the highest.

Mahomes makes our arguments for us, so we should just stop trying to argue with other fan bases, and stop trying to tear down other QBs to make our arguments, and just enjoy every moment of victory, while all those other people make excuses.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:09 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Mahomes makes our arguments for us, so we should just stop trying to argue with other fan bases, and stop trying to tear down other QBs to make our arguments, and just enjoy every moment of victory, while all those other people make excuses.
By the same token, it isn't necessary to build up every shiny new QB that comes on the scene to manufacturer fake humility either.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:14 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
I assume they’re wrong about Pat being good at that then?
According to them, Mahomes is near the top of the league in turnover-worthy plays each of his seasons as a starting QB in the NFL, so they always dock him huge for that bullshit idiot statistic. "Well, I mean... eventually there's gonna be a regression to the mean, right?"

It's been three years and all those "turnover worthy" plays haven't resulted in... you know... turnovers. The regression just isn't going to fucking happen. You'd think they'd figure that out at some point.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:15 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
By the same token, it isn't necessary to build up every shiny new QB that comes on the scene to manufacturer fake humility either.
I think that's just a byproduct of the dominance and excellence of Mahomes.

Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player ever. But even when he was winning DPOY and scoring titles, and leading his team to two Threepeats, everyone wanted to dub someone The Next Michael Jordan.

Same thing with Tiger Woods. And Mike Tyson.

When a player dominates the game so completely, and their contemporaries cannot compare, people look to the new arrivals to try and find someone who can stop the domination.

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:29 AM 01-08-2021
I think that's just a byproduct of the dominance and excellence of Mahomes.

Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player ever. But even when he was winning DPOY and scoring titles, and leading his team to two Threepeats, everyone wanted to dub someone The Next Michael Jordan.

Same thing with Tiger Woods. And Mike Tyson.

When a player dominates the game so completely, and their contemporaries cannot compare, people look to the new arrivals to try and find someone who can stop the domination.

People here do it.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:52 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
People here do it.
I know that it was hard for me to overcome my Because Chiefs induces PTSD, and I still have flashbacks and flare-ups in my weaker moments.

I feel sorry for people who are struggling to accept the fact that not only are we worthy of having Mahomes on our team, but we are worthy of having the best player in the NFL.

Some people just cannot accept that they are worthy or deserving of love, and they reject and push away anyone who attempts to love them, because deep down they don't love themselves, and they don't understand how anyone else could love them, so they put up walls, act like assholes, and reject people before they can get rejected themselves.

Those are the people who constantly want to choose an up-and-coming QB over Mahomes.

[Reply]
RealSNR 06:20 AM 01-08-2021

This is the best time to be a Chiefs fan ever. But, because we have just been broken so many times by disappointment, our fan base has become so defensive and reactionary.

We no longer have to tear down other QBs to make us feel better about our QB. We think we have the best QB, and fortunately there are so many stats, and all-time milestones that back up our belief in Mahomes.
As a fan, I like sipping haterade. It's fun. If I can't do it as a fan, then when can I do it?

I don't hate all of Mahomes' peers. Just some of them. Just the overrated ones. I don't hate Rodgers, one of the most unlikeable guys of them all. I don't hate Wilson, either. For the first half of the season, those two guys were the biggest challengers to Mahomes.

Hell, I don't even hate Lamar. He's easy to make fun of, sure, and I definitely do that from time to time, but I don't hate him.

This Josh Allen bullshit is getting out of control, though. It's getting to be Baker Mayfield post-OBJ trade stupid level. And on a Chiefs fan forum, I can say what I want and what I'm feeling, and what I'm feeling is consternation towards Allen's throne of lies. And when that guy fails in the playoffs (he's GOING to fail... a dumbass spaz like him doesn't just win a Super Bowl so shortly removed from going through the very height of dumbass spazdom) me and several other Chiefs fans are going to laugh and take delight in it. Sorry if that's mean or unnecessary, but again... we're fans. It's fun. Sorry if you don't understand that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:11 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
As a fan, I like sipping haterade. It's fun. If I can't do it as a fan, then when can I do it?

I don't hate all of Mahomes' peers. Just some of them. Just the overrated ones. I don't hate Rodgers, one of the most unlikeable guys of them all. I don't hate Wilson, either. For the first half of the season, those two guys were the biggest challengers to Mahomes.

Hell, I don't even hate Lamar. He's easy to make fun of, sure, and I definitely do that from time to time, but I don't hate him.

This Josh Allen bullshit is getting out of control, though. It's getting to be Baker Mayfield post-OBJ trade stupid level. And on a Chiefs fan forum, I can say what I want and what I'm feeling, and what I'm feeling is consternation towards Allen's throne of lies. And when that guy fails in the playoffs (he's GOING to fail... a dumbass spaz like him doesn't just win a Super Bowl so shortly removed from going through the very height of dumbass spazdom) me and several other Chiefs fans are going to laugh and take delight in it. Sorry if that's mean or unnecessary, but again... we're fans. It's fun. Sorry if you don't understand that.
That's the best part about the flavor of the month crap. I spent all offseason talking about how sick I was of the Lamar hype and couldn't wait to see that team fall back to earth.

And then they did. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:55 AM 01-08-2021
So now Mahomes had it too easy coming into the league? Ok, we're doing this now. Whatever.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:57 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
According to them, Mahomes is near the top of the league in turnover-worthy plays each of his seasons as a starting QB in the NFL, so they always dock him huge for that bullshit idiot statistic. "Well, I mean... eventually there's gonna be a regression to the mean, right?"

It's been three years and all those "turnover worthy" plays haven't resulted in... you know... turnovers. The regression just isn't going to ****ing happen. You'd think they'd figure that out at some point.
I'm pretty sure it's only this season. I could be wrong though, I just don't remember hearing about his "turnover worthy plays" before this year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:04 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
I'm pretty sure it's only this season. I could be wrong though, I just don't remember hearing about his "turnover worthy plays" before this year.
Not arguing, but PFF said the same thing about Mahomes basically about 4-5 weeks into last season. We discussed it in some thread at the time. Something about how, in spite of the fact that Patrick was on pace for 6,000 yds/55+ TDs, he was throwing too many "hidden INTs," or something, so he was really 6th-best QB or something.

I remember it fairly well because I made the mistake of saying that some of those throws were borderline (or whatever I actually said), and got hammered for it for a couple days.:-)
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 12:15 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
not enough data that gives any indication of who is the better now and the future.
Right now we have Mahomes who is about to win the second AFC and takes the Chiefs to the 2nd SB in back to back years.
So since he already is a Chief lets keep him unless he jacks thing up down the road.
HE is the best Q B for this offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:29 PM 01-08-2021
2nd team all-pro was split between Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen

I’m glad. We’re going to see angry Mahomes and nothing makes me happier
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:29 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
not enough data that gives any indication of who is the better now and the future.
Right now we have Mahomes who is about to win the second AFC and takes the Chiefs to the 2nd SB in back to back years.
So since he already is a Chief lets keep him unless he jacks thing up down the road.
HE is the best Q B for this offense.
If CK makes it back to the AFCCG this season, it will be Mahomes' third trip in a row, and his third in his first four years in the NFL. Which I believe is yet another NFL record.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:30 PM 01-08-2021
Definitely Josh Allen. MVP candidate.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 35
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up