ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 44
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:11 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yeah, that's one Area where the Tesla would supposedly blow this Away. 500 miles is the claim for the cyber truck
I think that will be an issue for pure electric vehicles for a long time. You will need charging stations everywhere which currently don't exist in the numbers needed for cross country travel. Plus most people won't have the patience to wait the length of time it would take to recharge their vehicles. I do think that E vehicles have a place, but it will be for local travel more than anything. Who knows though, I could be wrong and that could all change in the future.
[Reply]
notorious 10:22 AM 09-04-2021
Once they figure out range and fast charging the sky is the limit.

After seeing the Ford there's no way I'd get a Tesla. I actually use my truck to tow and work, not tool around town shopping at Target.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:42 AM 09-04-2021
Electric Hummer EV blows them both away.

https://www.gmc.com/electric/hummer-ev
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:14 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Man, I kind of want that SUV. That's a nice ride.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:17 PM 09-04-2021

How do these other elect vehicles go cross country? Tesla has the Supercharger Network that makes it possible but what are you supposed to do with other EVs?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:27 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How do these other elect vehicles go cross country? Tesla has the Supercharger Network that makes it possible but what are you supposed to do with other EVs?
One would have to think its a universal system like gas pumps or it wont work.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:29 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Man, I kind of want that SUV. That's a nice ride.
I know, its expensive but damn it would fun and really cool.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:10 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I can't imagine many Hummer drivers make cross country trips.

If they had to, the Electrify America network is growing fast, but definitely still not at party with Tesla's network.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:15 PM 09-04-2021
I know, its expensive but damn it would fun and really cool.
Wow, I just looked up the price. I think I'll stick with walking.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:16 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I can't imagine many Hummer drivers make cross country trips.

If they had to, the Electrify America network is growing fast, but definitely still not at party with Tesla's network.

But if it's electric, then shouldn't Hummer drivers feel free to make such trips?
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:32 PM 09-04-2021
I had a 2008 H2 back in the day and made several long trips (1000+ miles) with it driving to kids soccer games. It actually handled exceptionally well on the Interstate due to its heavy frame. And besides, it was just damn fun to drive around.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:44 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
I had a 2008 H2 back in the day and made several long trips (1000+ miles) with it driving to kids soccer games. It actually handled exceptionally well on the Interstate due to its heavy frame. And besides, it was just damn fun to drive around.
Did you have a .50 cal gun mounted on the back? Because I'd definitely add that as an option.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:50 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Did you have a .50 cal gun mounted on the back? Because I'd definitely add that as an option.
No, my dealer was squeamish about such things. Didn’t these people see Zoombieland? Those types of options will come in handy during the apocalypse.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:04 PM 09-04-2021
This Ford truck is actually something that could get me into a truck. I don’t need heavy towing but I do need carrying capacity for my woodworking hobby and other various household projects. So the range wouldn’t bother me and a major reason I haven’t gone truck is the gas usage so this could be just what gets me in a truck.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:50 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
This Ford truck is actually something that could get me into a truck. I don’t need heavy towing but I do need carrying capacity for my woodworking hobby and other various household projects. So the range wouldn’t bother me and a major reason I haven’t gone truck is the gas usage so this could be just what gets me in a truck.
What? Fuel mileage? If all you’re doing is short trips to the hardware store, how the hell does fuel mileage even register? Or are you talking daily driver?

Even then, the comparative cost of the damned thing, unless you’re buying Maserati’s or something matters way way way more than fuel mileage will.

My half ton (before it got fucking destroyed) would get 18 with 1000 pounds of tools and short trips all over the farm on shit roads.

Fuel mileage is not a thing.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 44
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up