ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 72
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Feels like inevitability setting in with Odom...what are finishing? 7-5 if we're lucky? How the hell can Sterk sell that on bringing him back next season?

Miklasz smoked him in an article today and even Gabe is turning (and I'm not dragging Gabe)...the writing is on the wall.

My hope is Auburn goes off the wall crazy and fires Malzahn, I think he'd be great at Mizzou and be an excellent hire.

Beyond that my list would be...

P.J. Fleck
Dave Aranda
Bryan Harsin
Luke Fickell
Fickell was terrible with a loaded Tosu squad the 1 season he coached there
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:28 PM 10-28-2019
They need to go after Dave Clawson.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:01 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Yeah I'd put him on the list, forgot about him TBH.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:50 AM 11-02-2019

Yeah, I’m making a point to watch Wake now. They’re impressive. The Newman kid at QB is really impressive. He has an NFL arm and is pretty accurate in the brief looks I’ve gotten.

There is more movement on maybe turning the page than I expected. If they lose out or finish 6-6, I think they’ll have the go-ahead to hire a new guy.

Only problem with that is if you want Sterk making the hire. If you wait a year, might have a new trigger man in place who has a better track record with football hires.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:33 AM 11-02-2019
Hey, at least they won't lose this week!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:34 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Hey, at least they won't lose this week!
Debatable. If anyone could lose to the Bye Week, it's Barry.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:37 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Debatable. If anyone could lose to the Bye Week, it's Barry.
Good point.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:15 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, I’m making a point to watch Wake now. They’re impressive. The Newman kid at QB is really impressive. He has an NFL arm and is pretty accurate in the brief looks I’ve gotten.

There is more movement on maybe turning the page than I expected. If they lose out or finish 6-6, I think they’ll have the go-ahead to hire a new guy.

Only problem with that is if you want Sterk making the hire. If you wait a year, might have a new trigger man in place who has a better track record with football hires.
They were extremely efficient in that dismantling of a team they should beat. That guy just builds programs.

Is Sterk retiring?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:36 PM 11-02-2019
They were extremely efficient in that dismantling of a team they should beat. That guy just builds programs.

Is Sterk retiring?

Falling out of favor.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:07 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Falling out of favor.
I find that a little surprising, I guess. Martin has seemed like a solid hire so far, Odom was hired by Rhodes, and Earleywine was so toxic he's still in Jeff City.

They got the money for the South EZ facility (although I heard it was rushed to meet deadline with a lot of corners cut).

What has been the biggest issue?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:01 PM 11-04-2019
If anybody wants a good laugh, a caller on Springfield Sports Talk tonight said Barry Odom is rumored for the Florida State job.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:33 PM 11-04-2019
I find that a little surprising, I guess. Martin has seemed like a solid hire so far, Odom was hired by Rhodes, and Earleywine was so toxic he's still in Jeff City.

They got the money for the South EZ facility (although I heard it was rushed to meet deadline with a lot of corners cut).

What has been the biggest issue?

He’s had some gaffes. AD not well organized/running.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:34 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
If anybody wants a good laugh, a caller on Springfield Sports Talk tonight said Barry Odom is rumored for the Florida State job.
lolwut
[Reply]
Jerm 06:56 PM 11-04-2019
lolwut
I would pack his bags and drive him to Tallahassee....

Speaking of FSU, they're going to make a bad hire aren't they?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:27 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Oh please, please, please!!!!
[Reply]
Page 30 of 72
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up