ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 46
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs focused on Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Cunningham in RD1
pugsnotdrugs19 02:02 PM 04-17-2017
SEE POST #11 FIRST

... the word in the Chiefs building is that they would like to trade up for QB Patrick Mahomes or RB Christian McCaffrey in the first round. If this falls through, he said they like ILB Zach Cunningham a lot as well.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:39 PM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Staylor will look brilliant if they actually draft a QB. Personally I think were all going to be disappointed.
I never predicted that we'll draft a QB FTR. I'm just thinking there has to be one that they would take or even trade up for if they get into our range. I can see Reid liking any of the top 5 QB's. It's just a matter of who and whether they make it to our range.

To be honest I've actually prepared myself for them not to just because I don't want to be disappointed. I can't help but feel there's a damn good possibility that it happens though.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:39 PM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I can't express how disappointed I'd be if the first 1st round quarterback we draft in my entire adult life is a guy that can't throw appreciably harder than I can. But hey, he can run fast and 'HE'S A WINNER!!!!'

I'd rather have Foster or even Cunningham. I'd rather have Webb.

But it figures that we'll get a faster version of Alex Smith in here to replace Alex Smith. Tyrod Taylor, come on down!!!!
Meh.

I have tremendous faith in Dorsey and the Chiefs scouting department. If they think he's the guy, then i'll push all my chips in.
[Reply]
notorious 02:48 PM 04-21-2017
After all this jerking off, you guys will be watching the Chiefs draft defense, and they will pick up a backup off the FA market.
[Reply]
Bewbies 02:55 PM 04-21-2017
We're drafting a QB. I am holding out hope we actually draft one we intend to use as a starter in the near future.
[Reply]
notorious 03:01 PM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
We're drafting a QB. I am holding out hope we actually draft one we intend to use as a starter in the near future.
A little part of me died when they passed on Carr and he turned out to be good.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:16 PM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
After all this jerking off, you guys will be watching the Chiefs draft defense, and they will pick up a backup off the FA market.

[Reply]
New World Order 04-21-2017, 03:16 PM
This message has been deleted by New World Order.
Coogs 08:37 AM 04-22-2017
This is weird.

I keep seeing this same guy tweeting shit about the sportscience episode (Marcus Mosher) but otherwise there's no reference to it anywhere and I can't find it.

He also says that the same episode gave Chad Kelly the highest marks they've given to any QB since Jamies Winston.
DJ,

I don't think the whole episode is there, but they have some of it up on the front page of ESPN.com right now.

It just has Watson, Kizer, and Trubisky in a 2:00 or so clip, but it is fairy interesting. I would like to see the whole show.

And FWIW, they have Watson's throwing at 53.5 instead of 49. Says he throws flat-footed.

Sounds like he could increase a bit with minimal improvements IMO.

I also found a Sports Science: Draft Combine Special is on ESPN2 Sunday night at 10:00 PM Central Time. Not sure if that is the show this comes from or not, but I am recording it anyway.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 09:05 AM 04-22-2017
I can't express how disappointed I'd be if the first 1st round quarterback we draft in my entire adult life is a guy that can't throw appreciably harder than I can. But hey, he can run fast and 'HE'S A WINNER!!!!'

But it figures that we'll get a faster version of Alex Smith in here to replace Alex Smith. Tyrod Taylor, come on down!!!!
the only thing that matters is that we drafted a QB in the 1st round

people around here have been screaming it for years

If he sucks then we draft another one next year and the next and the next

Cleveland Chiefs
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:22 AM 04-22-2017

So you can throw the football 60 yards in the air? You can also throw the ball 40 yards while rolling to your right without resetting your feet?
I think you are exaggerating his weaknesses because you want someone different.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:34 AM 04-22-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
the only thing that matters is that we drafted a QB in the 1st round

people around here have been screaming it for year

If he sucks then we draft another one next year and the next and the next

Cleveland Chiefs
Busting on a first round QB is NOT going to tank the franchise you freaking drama queen.

Especially not with Dorsey and Reid running the show. We'll get our 9-7 season one way or another... don't you worry about a thing!
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 09:55 AM 04-22-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Busting on a first round QB is NOT going to tank the franchise you freaking drama queen.

Especially not with Dorsey and Reid running the show. We'll get our 9-7 season one way or another... don't you worry about a thing!
If we bust on this one you'll want to draft another in 2 years.

Never stops, which is exactly what Cleveland does.

I want a great QB too. I just don't subscribe to the notion of drafting one high in the draft just because people are tired of not taking one.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:09 AM 04-22-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
If we bust on this one you'll want to draft another in 2 years.

Never stops, which is exactly what Cleveland does.

I want a great QB too. I just don't subscribe to the notion of drafting one high in the draft just because people are tired of not taking one.
If the next one in two years is any good? If Dorsey and Reid firmly believe in the next one? Why the fuck not?

This stupid fucking franchise in the 2000s took like 8000 fucking shots at defensive linemen in the 1st-3rd rounds. They kept missing and whiffing over and over and over and over and over again and kept using all of their quality draft stock on the position over and over and over and over and... well, you get my point.

They either said, "WE GOTTA KEEP TRYING UNTIL WE FIND A FRANCHISE DT" or they simply believed in the prospects they were drafting.

The same COULD be done with QBs. I prefer it FAR more that we spend those picks on QBs instead of DTs if we're going to keep trying over and over again to get a position right.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:14 AM 04-22-2017
Chiefs DL drafted between 1st-3rd rounds, 2001-2009

3. Eric Downing (2001)
1. Ryan Sims (2002)
2. Eddie Freeman (2002)
2. Junior Siavii (2004)
1. Tamba Hali (2006)
2. Turk McBride (2007)
3. Tank Tyler (2007)
1. Glenn Dorsey (2008)
1. Tyson Jackson (2009)
3. Alex Magee (2009)

BUT DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE SPEND 2 HIGH PICKS IN THE SPAN OF 3 DRAFTS ON THE QB POSITION! DON'T YOU DARE!
[Reply]
notorious 10:26 AM 04-22-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Chiefs DL drafted between 1st-3rd rounds, 2001-2009

3. Eric Downing (2001)
1. Ryan Sims (2002)
2. Eddie Freeman (2002)
2. Junior Siavii (2004)
1. Tamba Hali (2006)
2. Turk McBride (2007)
3. Tank Tyler (2007)
1. Glenn Dorsey (2008)
1. Tyson Jackson (2009)
3. Alex Magee (2009)

BUT DON'T YOU ****ING DARE SPEND 2 HIGH PICKS IN THE SPAN OF 3 DRAFTS ON THE QB POSITION! DON'T YOU DARE!
Bingo.

DL ISN'T RISKY LIKE QUARTERBACK, THOUGH. GOD FOR-FUCKING-BID WE DRAFT A QB BUST.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:27 AM 04-22-2017
And Laz, I don't know how many fucking times I have to pound this into your tiny brain.

The Browns suck enormous amounts of wastewater. That kind of franchise ineptitude isn't the result of drafting a few bust QBs every couple of years. That's the kind of ineptitude that's the result of just BAD FUCKING DRAFTING.

Here's a list of all their 1st round picks in the past 8 years. Find for me all of the draft hits they've had.

Corey Coleman
Danny Shelton
Cameron Erving
Justin Gilbert
Johnny Manziel
Barkevious Mingo
Trent Richardson
Brandon Weeden
Phil Taylor
Joe Haden
Alex Mack
Joe Thomas
Brady Quinn
Kameron Wimbley

If the Browns could hit on 1/3 of those 1st rounders (and actually freaking keep them), they wouldn't be this fucking terrible. Your sound strategy of building the team through the draft and getting the QB only when the time is right is only sound if you hit or at least don't bust on the majority of your 1st rounders. And you also have to draft well in the 2nd - 7th rounds, which, again, the Browns can't fucking do.

In that span of bust QBs, the Browns have ALSO traded for a ton of backups, signed a bunch of free agents, and drafted their fair share of lottery ticket 4th-7th round QBs. They have tried ALL strategies of finding a QB.

They just fucking suck. That's reality. They suck at EVERYTHING. They suck at drafting offense, defense. They suck at finding good head coaches, and they tend to fire guys who approach doing well. They suck at free agency. They suck at EVERYTHING.

That's why they suck. Not because they whiffed on a couple first round QBs. Do you REALLY think that if they did the responsible thing and drafted other positions besides QB with those whopping THREE 1st rounders in those 8 years that they'd be a rousing success story? Let's say they draft and HIT on those three picks with non-QB positions. Are you really telling me they'd be in the playoff hunt occasionally and be an otherwise respectable franchise?

Get the FUCK out with this, "HERP YOU WANNA DRAFT PROJECT QBS WHO BUST WELCOME TO CLEVELAND BROWNS TERRITORY CHIEFS FANS DERP"

It's fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 46
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up