ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 68
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>QB Impressions
Direckshun 12:25 AM 01-03-2017
First glances at several QBs we're going to give a shit about over the next four months. Feel free to set me straight.

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
6'4", 230 lbs
26-9 TD-INT, 59%, 2925 passing yards

I get a Cutlerian vibe from this guy. Seems to be built like a franchise QB. Powerful arm, some beautiful passes, perfect bodytype. But he is lacking an "it" factor, is he not? He's not a world-beating, overcome-the-odds, particularly spiriting QB. Looks like he could have an okay career in the NFL in which he wins nothing of consequence.

Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
6'3", 220 lbs
30-6 TD-INT, 69%, 3748 passing yards

Well if there was one Andy Reid QB in this entire draft, it's Trubisky, isn't it? Super accurate, doesn't take too many risks with the ball, is very mentally tough and very athletic. He's a slam dunk for the Chiefs to trade up for, if he lasts to the 20s, but in a QB-starved NFL with at least 6 new head coaches looking for their QB, there's no chance he lasts to us.
[Reply]
rico 12:34 PM 04-24-2017
Staylor, you see that Kaaya scored a 34 on his Wonderlic? Highest score in this year's QB class.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:36 PM 04-24-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Staylor, you see that Kaaya scored a 34 on his Wonderlic? Highest score in this year's QB class.
I saw that. Doesn't surprise me one bit. He's very intelligent and his football IQ is fantastic. Richt said he's never had a QB that sees the field like Kaaya, and he's been around some good ones.
[Reply]
rico 12:52 PM 04-24-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I saw that. Doesn't surprise me one bit. He's very intelligent and his football IQ is fantastic. Richt said he's never had a QB that sees the field like Kaaya, and he's been around some good ones.
Kid threw 27 TD's to 7 INT's this year. 69 TD's to 24 INT's for his 3 year career at Miami.

I don't know why the kid isn't receiving any more hype than he is. This guy may be the steal of the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 12:55 PM 04-24-2017
Cause he's not very good?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:57 PM 04-24-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Cause he's not very good?
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:51 PM 04-24-2017
All the reports I've seen state that he panics under pressure and he's not mobile at all.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:34 AM 04-25-2017

Webb1
My one mock regret: not having Davis Webb low in round 1. Has a heck of a chance to be there, from a team trading up from round 2.

— Peter King (@SI_PeterKing) April 25, 2017

Webb2
Teams in rd 1 can be bound to picks for 5 yrs w/5th-yr option. Rd 2: 4-yr max. Big for guy like Webb, who may not play, say, till ’19.

— Peter King (@SI_PeterKing) April 25, 2017

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM 04-25-2017
I think it's going to be Webb.

Reid is going to have a raging hard-on for his film-review. He's going to see this guy as a more aggressive, less athletic Alex Smith and a future leader in the QB room.

I don't think Mahomes will be there and I don't think Dorsey will trade up because I think they both expect to be able to get Webb at the back of the 1st.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Reid is going to have a raging hard-on for his film-review. He's going to see this guy as a more aggressive, less athletic Alex Smith and a future leader in the QB room.

I don't think Mahomes will be there and I don't think Dorsey will trade up because I think they both expect to be able to get Webb at the back of the 1st.
I know some of the picks won't hit, but I hate giving up picks especially for what it will take to get Mahomes. He's just too perfect of s fit for Arians offense for the cards to pass on I think.

This team is really good, but needs some depth and starters in d.

If Foster and Webb are there at 27, I'd take ine and be prepared to trade up to 28 for the other.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:49 AM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
I know some of the picks won't hit, but I hate giving up picks especially for what it will take to get Mahomes. He's just too perfect of s fit for Arians offense for the cards to pass on I think.

This team is really good, but needs some depth and starters in d.

If Foster and Webb are there at 27, I'd take ine and be prepared to trade up to 28 for the other.
Likewise. That was my scenario in the Foster failed test thread. It might take you next year's 1st to get that pick (GB is a good target there), but it might be worth it.
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 04-25-2017
Likewise. That was my scenario in the Foster failed test thread. It might take you next year's 1st to get that pick (GB is a good target there), but it might be worth it.
Sure. Do it.

They won't have a chance next year for a player like Foster anyway
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 04-25-2017
Foster falling would be a blessing. That's how said teams like the pats and steelers picking later every year sTay good. Bad teams pass on these guys because of ine reason or another, good teams with good coaching staffs and good infrastructure take them and it works out.

If you could have Peters, Foster, and Jones on this d at the 3 levels foe the next 10 years, you'd be pretty excited
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 12:16 PM 04-25-2017

Similar thinking here, yet that extends to Nate Peterman on day 2 as well.

Unbroken, unrefined versions of Smith. Not as consistently accurate.. maybe still not as naturally athletic... but also not carrying a decade's worth of baggage for getting trampled by pro pass rushes.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:37 PM 04-25-2017
We will have to trade up a bit for Webb. Teams will be trying to get him with that 5th yr option.

Trade with miami
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We will have to trade up a bit for Webb. Teams will be trying to get him with that 5th yr option.

Trade with miami
There is absolutely no way Webb will go before our pick. Nor should we trade up for him. Come on man.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 68
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up