ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 335
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:30 AM 05-30-2015
Originally Posted by Sorter:
I'll do a bracket in the pictures forum. It will be grand.

[Reply]
MagicHef 02:39 PM 05-30-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I guess, to me, it just reads as GRRM having second thoughts about killing off all those characters at the Red Wedding, so he found a way to bring one back. But the one he brings back isn't really anything like she was before, even though all the previous resurrected characters we've seen resurrected by a Red Priest have basically been the same, personality wise.

On top of that, as someone else said, it spins off another subplot that doesn't really seem to be moving toward anything and just complicates the story, and that's happening at the time in the series when the author needs to be bringing things in tighter and toward a conclusion.

I think that's my main complaint with a LOT of it, though. When (to me) it feels like he needs to be tightening things up, instead he's just spinning off new plot threads left and right.
If he just wanted to bring back a character, why would it be the worst one? Also, I don't think she changed all that much. She just got done murdering an innocent mentally challenged person BEFORE the "transformation", and she now believes her entire family to be dead.

It does seem like the biggest complaint about the series is its complexity, and I'm not sure why. Life is complex. We have a million stories that are tight and neat, why do we need another?
[Reply]
NewChief 10:29 PM 05-31-2015
Now that was a good episode. It was already a great episode prior to the battle at Hardhome. Then that put it over the top.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:13 AM 06-01-2015
The dragons are going to annihilate that white walker army. Fuckin' a, it's going to be a slaughterhouse.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 05:55 AM 06-01-2015
Jon Snow + Valerian steel = dead white walkers.

We're gonna need a lot more Valerian steel.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:56 AM 06-01-2015
That may have been one of the best episodes of the series. I don't know if it was because I got to see Tyrion interact with Dany, or because they randomly inserted a massive Wight army attack scene, and confirmed what we all thought about Valyrian Steel. Either way, very well made.

That said, I am pumped to see what Dany becomes with Tyrion's cynical, yet brilliant understanding of Westeros.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:01 AM 06-01-2015
Also, did anyone catch the beyond the episode afterward? The creators refered to the main villain as the Night King, confirming their blunder in Season 3, where they named the episode "The Night King" and quickly changed it to avoid spoilers.

Anyone with a bit more book knowledge want to remind of the signficance of the Night King?
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:13 AM 06-01-2015
Nan telling Bran about the Night's King:

The gathering gloom put Bran in mind of another of Old Nan’s stories, the tale of Night’s King. He had been the thirteenth man to lead the Night’s Watch, she said; a warrior who knew no fear. “And that was the fault in him,” she would add, “for all men must know fear.” A woman was his downfall; a woman glimpsed from atop the Wall, with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars. Fearing nothing, he chased her and caught her and loved her, though her skin was cold as ice, and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.

He brought her back to the Nightfort and proclaimed her a queen and himself her king, and with strange sorceries he bound his Sworn Brothers to his will. For thirteen years they had ruled, Night’s King and his corpse queen, till finally the Stark of Winterfell and Joramun of the wildlings had joined to free the Watch from bondage. After his fall, when it was found he had been sacrificing to the Others, all records of Night’s King had been destroyed, his very name forbidden. -Bran, ASOS
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 07:13 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Also, did anyone catch the beyond the episode afterward? The creators refered to the main villain as the Night King, confirming their blunder in Season 3, where they named the episode "The Night King" and quickly changed it to avoid spoilers.

Anyone with a bit more book knowledge want to remind of the signficance of the Night King?
Game of Thrones Wiki says he was the 13th commander of the nights watch.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night%27s_King
[Reply]
Hawk 08:55 AM 06-01-2015
Nan telling Bran about the Night's King:

The gathering gloom put Bran in mind of another of Old Nan’s stories, the tale of Night’s King. He had been the thirteenth man to lead the Night’s Watch, she said; a warrior who knew no fear. “And that was the fault in him,” she would add, “for all men must know fear.” A woman was his downfall; a woman glimpsed from atop the Wall, with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars. Fearing nothing, he chased her and caught her and loved her, though her skin was cold as ice, and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.

He brought her back to the Nightfort and proclaimed her a queen and himself her king, and with strange sorceries he bound his Sworn Brothers to his will. For thirteen years they had ruled, Night’s King and his corpse queen, till finally the Stark of Winterfell and Joramun of the wildlings had joined to free the Watch from bondage. After his fall, when it was found he had been sacrificing to the Others, all records of Night’s King had been destroyed, his very name forbidden. -Bran, ASOS
Interesting. I thought this guys was the leader of the Others, but if he was sacrificing to the Others, then who exactly are the Others? I wonder if the show will get that complicated, or if he will just be the main Other villain on the show and once he's dead, good guys win?
[Reply]
NewChief 09:05 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Interesting. I thought this guys was the leader of the Others, but if he was sacrificing to the Others, then who exactly are the Others? I wonder if the show will get that complicated, or if he will just be the main Other villain on the show and once he's dead, good guys win?
I think the Others can turn someone into an "Other" or White Walker. So he may have started out human but was transformed into an Other perhaps by his "Queen."

Coldhands would also seem to indicate this, right?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 AM 06-01-2015
That may have been one of the best episodes of the series. I don't know if it was because I got to see Tyrion interact with Dany, or because they randomly inserted a massive Wight army attack scene, and confirmed what we all thought about Valyrian Steel. Either way, very well made.

That said, I am pumped to see what Dany becomes with Tyrion's cynical, yet brilliant understanding of Westeros.
I think it was Tormund bludgeoning the lord o' bones to death with his own club.

Yeah...great episode.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:13 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Isn't The Mother one of the seven gods? I'm pretty sure I've heard that phrase used before in terms of repenting for a sin anyway. If that's the case, it's just talking about Cersei.

Yes, the Mother is one of the Seven, and I agree. Could definitely relate to that.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:13 AM 06-01-2015
THAT is why we keep tuning in. Bad ass episode, all the way around.

And I know Cersei's story is boring-ish, but I am enjoying her get her comeuppance.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:16 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
THAT is why we keep tuning in. Bad ass episode, all the way around.

And I know Cersei's story is boring-ish, but I am enjoying her get her comeuppance.
Watching her trying to lick water off a dungeon floor was magnificent.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 335
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up