ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 57
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:54 AM 03-23-2024
Again Meck - taken in concert with the Davis trade, if this was 'the best offer' then it's only because Veach overplayed his hand.

In no world is Carlton Davis more valuable than Sneed.

So even presuming I agree with everything else you said, Veach absolutely did not maximize his return here. If he had, there's no way he gets less for Sneed than Detroit gave up for Davis.

It was bad work by Brett. It happens but it's absolutely the case.
[Reply]
notorious 07:54 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
The Lions were the best shot. In order to justify trading a high pick and take on top of market salary you need a team going all in that's willing to sacrifice some future to get one of the final missing pieces to make their push.
When the Lions get ass-raped in the secondary over and over again next season we will all have a smug, shit-eating grin on our faces.

I think they had their token season of good fortune and success, time for them to go back to being mediocre.
[Reply]
scho63 07:54 AM 03-23-2024
Willie Gay going for $5 mil makes me a lot more disappointed than Sneed getting a giant bag.
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:55 AM 03-23-2024
I'm surprised by all the rustled jimmies. It was evident from the get go that neither the Chiefs nor Sneed were going to get what they hoped for; life's tough at the top. So what do you do next? A good GM will endeavor to make the best move for the team and for the player they want the best for (see Poles/Fields): you get a 3rd from a mediocre team (similar to other "best" options), a 7th (we are all disappointed in The Market), and most importantly, the freed up space to fill holes for a Thee-Peat. Several holes. Sneed gets generational wealth and I'm sure those close to him are beyond happy for him. BV can now shop for a LT, backup QB, RBs, and LB depth...in the aggregate, the team may not lose a step. With new weapons and a line upgrade, the O may quickly return to form. McDuffie looks perfectly capable of taking the blitz and lock-down roles. Best of allo, BV goes to the Draft without pressing needs, and maybe next year's 3rd allows for a trade-up for the player they identify as "their guy" (McDuffie...I'm sure many remember most of the Draftniks rating Kyler Gordon ahead of TM in nearly every mock and player rating). Let BV do his thing and keep your knickers straight, if anyone has proven they can perform all GM functions at the highest level, it's BV.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:56 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again Meck - taken in concert with the Davis trade, if this was 'the best offer' then it's only because Veach overplayed his hand.

So even presuming I agree with everything else you said, Veach absolutely did not maximize his return here. If he had, there's no way he gets less for Sneed than Detroit gave up for Veach.

I didn't consider that -- so you think we had better offers early and turned them down?
[Reply]
Coogs 07:57 AM 03-23-2024
Not at all what I was hoping for, but time to move forward. Signing Hollywood Brown may have canceled out the comp pick for Sneed if we let him walk. At least the 3rd round version.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:57 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Like I said…. This cap space is for extensions for our star players

Trey Smith is not worth a fat new extension… especially if he wants Robert Hunt-type $$$.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 AM 03-23-2024

So even presuming I agree with everything else you said, Veach absolutely did not maximize his return here. If he had, there's no way he gets less for Sneed than Detroit gave up for Veach.

Davis 's deal is a fair amount less money with no knee questions.

Man, I appreciate your football takes, but I disagree with you here.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:02 AM 03-23-2024
Teams do not want to give up big bags and top draft picks. It does not help that there are questions surrounding his knee/knees that are highly penalized. I would love to keep him but we have shown the ability to get DBs in the mid to late rounds. If nothing else this helps with other players. It shows that we will let a player go where they want instead of just holding them hostage for one additional year.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:03 AM 03-23-2024

Carlton Davis contract is nothing like Sneed's? You move Sneed on a one year deal restructured for $9.5m the Lions would have probably given us a 2nd, but Sneed wasn't going to be traded for that compensation. I know you hate it, but the market is the market and we got better comp then letting him walk. The only way you can think this was worse is if you actually thought we were going to pay him the tag. If we don't get this trade done, the Chiefs probably rescind the tag, and prepare as needed instead of uncertainty like last year.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:05 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Trey Smith is not worth a fat new extension… especially if he wants Robert Hunt-type $$$.
Yea, I don't think the Chiefs will pay Smith. If anything, I can see them possibly signing Creed to an extension and moving him to Guard and drafting a Center if one they like comes open in the mid rounds.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:06 AM 03-23-2024

Word, it's pretty bad work by Veach. Thankfully its not setting us back multiple years like some other awful trades. It does hurt for the 3 peat run though, which sucks pretty bad.

Take it for what it is and move on.
[Reply]
Chargem 08:06 AM 03-23-2024
Some random thoughts:

The NFL seems to have trends. When the Rams won the Superbowl, we were in the "F them picks" era and teams thought they could copy the Rams success by trading away their draft picks. Now the Chiefs trade away a superstar in Tyreek for picks and go back to back, and maybe the NFL all of a sudden values draft picks more?

It's never made any sense to me, but the original draft placement of a player does appear to affect their trade value. A first round pick who had the exact same career as Sneed to date probably would have gotten more back in a trade.

The "people don't want to trade with the Chiefs" thought process is almost certainly bullshit. Might be true of a team or two, but in general Teams are not up in their feelings like fans are. If some GM thought trading a 2nd round pick to pay Sneed top of the market CB money would put their team over the top, they would have done it.

I love Sneed, but its not like he had multiple years of elite play, has never been an all pro. I guess its just a shitty ish combo of the injury question mark, and the Chiefs negotiating position, and how much Sneed wanted contract wise that resulted in his trade value being lower.

I don't love a 3rd in 2025 obviously, but to keep the dynasty going you are going to need to keep drafting assets that outplay their salary cap cost, and some guy in the first half of the 3rd round definitely has a good chance to do that.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:07 AM 03-23-2024
Would have been better to get this trade done on March 12th to have the $20 million cap space available to use at the start of free agency…

The Titans and Chiefs almost had the trade for L'Jarius Sneed done on Tuesday March 12th. Both sides worked on trade compensation and it was almost complete by the afternoon. Titans kept working on it and the Chiefs let is play out while always being fine with keeping Sneed.

— Dianna Russini (@DMRussini) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Woogieman 08:08 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
When the Lions get ass-raped in the secondary over and over again next season we will all have a smug, shit-eating grin on our faces.

I think they had their token season of good fortune and success, time for them to go back to being mediocre.
100%...I remarked last week that few moves so adroitly spotlighted the Loser-DNA. They had their chance to not only obtain an A+ cover corner/playmaker, but one with the tenacity, toughness, and culture changing on-field leadership and Champ-DNA they so desperately need. Instead, they pull a detroit and sign a guy that gave up over 200 yds to Tyreek Hill in just 2 quarters...the Ford's decided to show up at the Car Show with a Festiva, when they could have brought the Shelby GT.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 57
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up