ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 48
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 03:41 PM 09-17-2014
My Note 3 is actually shorter than the six plus yet the screen is bigger. The bezel is huge on this thing. Thinner and lighter tho for sure
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 04:29 PM 09-17-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Just FYI the iPhone 6 plus 16 GB will have 11.8 GB available out of box.
That should be enough for me I think? I don't download music or movies or anything extravagant.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 04:40 PM 09-17-2014
Yea most people would be ok with that unless you use the camera a lot. Videos and pictures take up the most space
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 04:59 PM 09-17-2014
The regular iPhone 6 feels really good in my hand. The plus feels like a beast, screen is really nice tho
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:53 PM 09-17-2014
Originally Posted by DMAC:
I'm pretty sold on the HTC One M8

Anyone have experience with it? Everything seems about the same these days. This one's design is pretty sweet.
Looks nice. Way too small.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:16 PM 09-17-2014
Preview of the iPhone X to be released in 2020:

[Reply]
unlurking 04:39 AM 09-18-2014
I'm pretty sold on the HTC One M8

Anyone have experience with it? Everything seems about the same these days. This one's design is pretty sweet.
It's what I have. Can't tell you much about the stock experience, running ViperOne. RevolutionHD sucked a while back, not sure about now. Ton of new ROMs have come out the last few months to try, just haven't had time.

As far as hardware, love the phone. Loudest/clearest speakers I've found. Battery time is great. My only problems are with the newer motion/touch sensors. Phone kept turning on in pockets or doing other weird shit at times. Just disabled this feature.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:53 AM 09-18-2014
Wowww... I really want to leave Sprint, but with the addition of Sprint Spark & this $50 Unlimited Data, Text plan (has to be a catch?) I don't think the improved data speed/availability with Verizona, AT&T will outweigh the large cost difference. I've just started tracking my data use for the last three months and I average 6 GB of data per month.

I still have a Note 2, so I don't get the advantage of Sprint Spark either as it's hardware not software based, so my data coverage is complete shit. But my girlfriend has the S5 with Sprint Spark and her data speeds and connectivity seem to be 3x better than me wherever we go.

Last Night at Kaufman Stadium, I literally could not load pages on 3G or 4G. Then, after 40 minutes, I was able to load the ESPN.com MLB standings page, (video taped it even lol) and it took 1min and 25 seconds to come up on 3G.
[Reply]
DMAC 09:05 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Looks nice. Way too small.
What do you mean?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:54 AM 09-18-2014
What do you mean?
Small, it is an adjective in the English language. It is defined in Webster's dictionary as "of a size that is less than normal or usual."
[Reply]
Pablo 11:26 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Wowww... I really want to leave Sprint, but with the addition of Sprint Spark & this $50 Unlimited Data, Text plan (has to be a catch?) I don't think the improved data speed/availability with Verizona, AT&T will outweigh the large cost difference. I've just started tracking my data use for the last three months and I average 6 GB of data per month.

I still have a Note 2, so I don't get the advantage of Sprint Spark either as it's hardware not software based, so my data coverage is complete shit. But my girlfriend has the S5 with Sprint Spark and her data speeds and connectivity seem to be 3x better than me wherever we go.

Last Night at Kaufman Stadium, I literally could not load pages on 3G or 4G. Then, after 40 minutes, I was able to load the ESPN.com MLB standings page, (video taped it even lol) and it took 1min and 25 seconds to come up on 3G.
Sprint is awful.

Verizon may be substantially more expensive every month; but I have coverage almost everywhere I've went and 4G coverage the vast majority of the time.

I can't ever do Sprint again.
[Reply]
DMAC 12:57 PM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Small, it is an adjective in the English language. It is defined in Webster's dictionary as "of a size that is less than normal or usual."
Jackass.
[Reply]
DaveNull 09:14 PM 09-18-2014
I pre-ordered and am picking it up tomorrow morning at the Plaza store. If anyone else will be in line out there, send me a PM. I've only seen one other CP'er in person before.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:45 PM 09-18-2014
Apple supposedly won't unlock iOS 8 devices for the police even with a warrant

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...92f_story.html

Sure they could still own it tho
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:49 PM 09-18-2014
I'm already over it.

The speed tests from the 5s to the 6 are negligible. To truly get an upgraded iPhone you need to get the plus (HD screen, better battery) but that thing is just a monstrosity.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 48
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up