ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:55 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
First off, you didn't say any of this. The first example was posted by the guy you quoted, and you said nothing about the trans strippers until now.

I must've missed those two hints, as one was all the way back from S1 and also very subtle. The fact that you didn't remember them at first speaks volumes. That's the thing about subtlety. People don't mind shit when it's subtle, it's the in your face shit that is off putting.

But I stand corrected.
You also missed when he tried to kiss Hughie. I didn’t mention them because I assumed you actually watched the show.

Originally Posted by :
That doesn't mean that I have to enjoy the gay storyline either though. I know you're a bundle of sticks that considers yourself on the spectrum of sexuality, but it's totally normal for straight men to be disgusted by it.

Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the show still, although the first episode wasn't very good even ignoring all of that. Watching 2 & 3 tonight and hoping they're better.
:-)… enjoy the show!
[Reply]
staylor26 05:57 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
You also missed when he tried to kiss Hughie. I didn’t mention them because I assumed you actually watched the show.

:-)… enjoy the show!
You're so completely and utterly full of shit. You mentioned none of this because you forgot too. It was all subtle, even the kiss, which can be explained away by a cultural thing. He tried to kiss MM too. In the context he was just excited. It wasn't at all romantic/sexual.

Funny how you just happeend to remember something else with every next post.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:06 PM 06-14-2024
You're so completely and utterly full of shit. You mentioned none of this because you forgot to.

Funny how you just happeend to remember something else with every next post.
Look, I get that you are upset that you failed to realize the things that were laid out to you in the show. I get you are a bit embarrassed that you’ve had to shift your argument from “randomly making Frenchie gay” to me forcing you to “enjoy the gay story line” or needing to make it about me “not remembering” instead.

Like Frenchie told MM after he had a gigantic cock wrapped around his neck… be open minded.

Regardless… I hope you enjoy the show even if it has scenes that are yucky for you.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:10 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Look, I get that you are upset that you failed to realize the things that were laid out to you in the show. I get you are a bit embarrassed that you’ve had to shift your argument from “randomly making Frenchie gay” to me forcing you to “enjoy the gay story line” or needing to make it about me “not remembering” instead.

Like Frenchie told MM after he had a gigantic cock wrapped around his neck… be open minded.

Regardless… I hope you enjoy the show even if it has scenes that are yucky for you.
Another lie.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:31 PM 06-14-2024
Another lie.
:-)

Enjoy the show featuring “disgusting” themes!
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:27 AM 06-15-2024
It's just a TV show; in today's environment, you are going to get LGBTQ+-XYZ in pretty much everything, so I just ignore it. I've found that similar to Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek, Reacher, etc. and other shows that I used to like, it's time to move on. It just seems like lazy writing and a way to get people talking about the show because it contains these elements, not because it's entertaining.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:46 AM 06-15-2024
It really is woke af, but I'm still being entertained. I really could have done without the Splinter in the sauna scene, though (you'll thank me for that spoiler if you haven't seen it, btw).

The way I look at it, Sister Sage is the focus of the "woke af" in this season, and I just look at her like the antagonist of Season 4 so far. She's an annoying racist twat that's easy to root against, so there you go. And like crazykirk said, of course a show like this is going to show gratuitous homosexuality and swinging dick moments for the shock value, but how do you not know that about this show going into it, especially with Garth Enis and Seth Rogan at the helm? They pushed all that as far as they could on AMC with Preacher, now they have carte blanche to let all their freak flags fly. It is what it is.

And I have a massive crush on Karen Fukuhara. Damn.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:07 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It really is woke af, but I'm still being entertained. I really could have done without the Splinter in the sauna scene, though (you'll thank me for that spoiler if you haven't seen it, btw).

The way I look at it, Sister Sage is the focus of the "woke af" in this season, and I just look at her like the antagonist of Season 4 so far. She's an annoying racist twat that's easy to root against, so there you go. And like crazykirk said, of course a show like this is going to show gratuitous homosexuality and swinging dick moments for the shock value, but how do you not know that about this show going into it, especially with Garth Enis and Seth Rogan at the helm? They pushed all that as far as they could on AMC with Preacher, now they have carte blanche to let all their freak flags fly. It is what it is.

And I have a massive crush on Karen Fukuhara. Damn.
Not complaining about the show being woke at all.

Frenchie's gay romance storyline is just unnecessary. Every fucking show needs one these days apparently.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:43 AM 06-15-2024
Not complaining about the show being woke at all.

Frenchie's gay romance storyline is just unnecessary. Every fucking show needs one these days apparently.
No argument here. I legit thought he and Kimiko were actually a thing. It was eye roll inducing when they introduced this angle.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
No argument here. I legit thought he and Kimiko were actually a thing. It was eye roll inducing when they introduced this angle.
Yea, they've been doing the "will they/won't they" with him and Kimiko from the beginning, so that doesn't help either.

Finished the 2nd and 3rd episodes. Thought they were both better than the first.

I also think Hughie's storyline with his dad (and mom now) was annoying too. Couldn't care less.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:24 AM 06-15-2024
I can deal with the awful political BS and even the gay stuff. I just take my pee break when that shit comes on.

The thing that's tough to get past is Starlight's face. Holy cow. She got butchered.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I can deal with the awful political BS and even the gay stuff. I just take my pee break when that shit comes on.

The thing that's tough to get past is Starlight's face. Holy cow. She got butchered.
It's definitely distracting. The irony of being insecure and getting plastic surgery that looks terrible when you were beautiful before. I will never understand this phenomenon.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:12 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by lcarus:

Yeah, I was hopeful that it was just a bad picture when the stuff popped off over socials earlier this year, but no such luck. It’s too bad.

I’m enjoying the new season; it seems stronger than season 2 so far. The shit at the ice rink was hilarious.

Feels like they’re pulling more serious drama out this year. Looking at some core traumas that drove the characters. I think that’s the point of the stuff with Hughie’s dad. Let him dig into his mom trauma/abandonment issues.

Seems like that might be a theme of the season. They’ve given Butcher and Newman moments of that, as well, and have teased at it with Homelander.

Also…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 01:09 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, I was hopeful that it was just a bad picture when the stuff popped off over socials earlier this year, but no such luck. It’s too bad.

I’m enjoying the new season; it seems stronger than season 2 so far. The shit at the ice rink was hilarious.

Feels like they’re pulling more serious drama out this year. Looking at some core traumas that drove the characters. I think that’s the point of the stuff with Hughie’s dad. Let him dig into his mom trauma/abandonment issues.

Seems like that might be a theme of the season. They’ve given Butcher and Newman moments of that, as well, and have teased at it with Homelander.

Also…
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 02:13 PM 06-15-2024
Frenchie's going to be heartbroken he missed this.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Up