ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 104
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:23 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
FACT:

Since Andy Reid became coach of the Chiefs in 2013, he's called about 45% running plays vs. 55% passing plays. Give or take about 3% per season. In fact, he hasn't had a single season calling less than 42% running plays.

Pretty balanced, no?

As for "magic" aren't you one of those people that thinks Arrowhead is cursed or something?

Yeah, I just checked; you are one of those tin foil hat people that thinks that Arrowhead is cursed. Which by association makes your perspectives on Andy Reid's proficiency as a coach about as useful as tits on a bull.

Next . . .
Nope, not mutually exclusive and you don't get to tap out on me that easy. If Reid is running 42% running plays and getting his usual management results, then his running backs, O-line, "creative plays", or a combination of all three suck ass.
OR, and this is far more likely, he doesn't know WHEN to run.

In any event, the "Arrowhead curse" is quite real and will be accepted as a legitimate excuse for losing if the Chiefs are forced to host another AFCCG.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:36 PM 01-05-2020
I’m not gonna lie...if we lose this weekend I’m coming for Andy’s ass.

We need to roll these guys. Andy is worlds better than Bill fucking O’Brien.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:42 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Nope, not mutually exclusive and you don't get to tap out on me that easy. If Reid is running 42% running plays and getting his usual management results, then his running backs, O-line, "creative plays", or a combination of all three suck ass.

In any event, the "Arrowhead curse" is quite real and will be accepted as a legitimate excuse for losing if the Chiefs are forced to host another AFCCG.
In the six seasons Andy Ried has been HC, we've had three 1,000+ yard season rushers.

2013: J. Charles 1,287 yards; team rushing for 2056 yards on the season.

2014: J. Charles 1,033 yards; 1918 yards

2015: Charles gets hurt, but the team rushes for 2,044 yards on the season

2016: Spencer Ware rushes for 921 yards; team rushes for 1,748 yards

2017: K. Hunt rushes for 1,327 yards; team rushes for 1,903 yards

2018: K. Hunt rushes for 827 yards in 112 games; team rushes for 1,855 yards

2019: team rushes for 1,569 yards.

So the Chiefs running game has been averaging right around 2,000 yards/season since Andy took over, except this year when our whole OL got hurt and so did our three starting RBs. Four if you count Spencer Ware.

This season the Chiefs running game was obviously stymied by injuries to the OL, including two games where at least 3 of our starters were injured. One game where 4 starters were injured. Pat was injured, and missed 2.75 games, and his mobility as well as running, overall help our running game.

Damien Williams began the season by running for less than 2 yards/carry, and he was supposed to be the primary back. Shady picked up the slack, but sprained his ankle in week 3, Darrel never got going.

Considering all the above-mentioned issues, it's kind of amazing that our running game still manged to average over 4 yards/carry through most of the year.

And sorry, but there's no curse. There's no witches, no voodoo, no monsters in your closet. All of those Chiefs teams that came before and lost in Arrowhead in the past lost because they either weren't good enough to win at the highest level, or an injury to a key player brought them down, or the team didn't come out ready to play. Not because of some magical spell.

But as long as you keep spouting that nonsense it just makes it that much easier to completely discount your opinion on anything to do with football, Andy Reid, or the price of tea in China.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:49 PM 01-05-2020
This thread will either be a bunch of glad handing on Sunday night, or a complete mess if we get beat.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:50 PM 01-05-2020
And sorry, but there's no curse. There's no witches, no voodoo, no monsters in your closet. All of those :-) team that came before and lost in Arrowhead in the past lost because they either weren't good enough to win at the highest level, or an injury to a key player brought them down, or the team didn't come out ready to play. Not because of some magical spell.

But as long as you keep spouting that nonsense it just makes it that much easier to completely discount your opinion on anything to do with football, Andy Reid, or the price of tea in China.
Or because a player who has been playing since pop warner forgot how to line up? :-)

Uh huh. Ok.

You will learn though. Yes, you will learn.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:11 PM 01-05-2020
Or because a player who has been playing since pop warner forgot how to line up? :-)

Uh huh. Ok.

You will learn though. Yes, you will learn.
Dee Ford was never known for his intelligence.

Notice how our defense hasn't lined up off-sides all year?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:33 PM 01-05-2020
Glory, it takes a special and unique coach to not win Super Bowls. They are a VERY rare commodity. Do you think that ability just grows on trees? And to find one who can endlessly doodle in an offensive playbook in pursuit of the perfect screen? You need to get your head on straight, sir.
We'll see, but he's been very consistent so far in coming up short of HC'ing the Chiefs to a SB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:41 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
We'll see, but he's been very consistent so far in coming up short of HC'ing the Chiefs to a SB.
4 inches last year. Trending in the right direction, anyway . . . As if Dee Ford's inability to line up correctly Was Andy's fault . . .:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:48 PM 01-05-2020
4 inches last year. Trending in the right direction, anyway . . . As if Dee Ford's inability to line up correctly Was Andy's fault . . .:-)
It wasn't.

#Arrowheadcurse #DiverttheMO

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:23 AM 01-06-2020
Ahem..

So I know the Saints have lost in heartbreaking fashion recently ... but is Sean Payton immune to criticism for it? If it was another coach that’s wearing red this weekend, Twitter would be roasting him. Is that SB in 09 the reason the Saints/Payton seem to get a pass?

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) January 6, 2020

Did I miss where I said the Saints should move on from him?

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) January 6, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 01-06-2020
The Saints and the Pats looked similar in that they have old QB's who can't move around. That just doesn't work in the playoffs against good teams anymore.

I think you can pretty much write off any team now that has an old QB going forward.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 05:28 PM 01-06-2020

It is exactly this and Andy not knowing when to run and when not to run has been a problem with him since his days in Philly. What's maddening is that sometimes he'll pull a brilliant call out of his ass. I still remember one from a game against buffalo a few year ago where the bills were blitzing/runblitzing the middle of our Oline all day and stuffing our run up the middle and we had a big 4th and short and Andy made the perfect call - a pitch to Jamaal which resulted in a big gain because buffalo got suckered in attacking the inside and lost contain on the outside.

Unfortunately, there are far too many other times where he'll run a predictable run up the middle on 3rd and short or 4th and short like we saw in the colts game this year. Every time we have a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, I'm nervous as hell because I don't trust Andy and I suspect a lot of other people here are nervous as well. Of course, most people won't admit that now b/c we're too focused on getting pumped to win the playoffs.

Before everyone attacks me for being an Andy-hater, I take a position in the middle in this debate. Andy is not a horrible coach, but he's not great either. He has big flaws, one of which is his running game and short yardage play calls. I also believe that we will win the super bowl despite his flaws because a lot of mediocre head coaches have won super bowls if they coach long enough and Andy does pull some great moments - we just have to hope that the great moments will outweigh the bad ones.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:16 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
It is exactly this and Andy not knowing when to run and when not to run has been a problem with him since his days in Philly.

Before everyone attacks me for being an Andy-hater, I take a position in the middle in this debate. Andy is not a horrible coach, but he's not great either. He has big flaws, one of which is his running game and short yardage play calls. I also believe that we will win the super bowl despite his flaws because a lot of mediocre head coaches have won super bowls if they coach long enough and Andy does pull some great moments - we just have to hope that the great moments will outweigh the bad ones.
You mean like when Andy called for two Darrel Williams runs for our last two scores against the Lions, the second one to leave just :30 seconds on the clock for the win?

Or maybe you mean when Andy called the 10-play drive in the second half of the Packers game that included 5 rushes (look, balance), covered 75 yards and ate up 5 minutes to tie up the score 24-24?

Or maybe you meant in the Chargers game a couple weeks ago when Andy called 6 runs out of 8 plays ending with a score by Damien that ate up 2:46 to leave LAC with only a couple minutes to try to make up a 10-point deficit?
[Reply]
Jimmya 06:33 PM 01-06-2020
Fat Andy is known for playoff collapses and some giant ones at that... Bottom line is can Andy Reid finally overcome his nack for blowing playoff games? Just because you love Fat Andy doesn't mean you can't admit his faults.
[Reply]
Jimmya 06:36 PM 01-06-2020
From ESPN stat line "One Super Bowl is the fewest for any coach with at least 20 playoff games. Nobody has coached more career playoff games and failed to win multiple Super Bowl championships, let alone one." and that stat is a FACT!
[Reply]
Page 30 of 104
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Up