ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 94
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
SAUTO 08:20 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No you fucking idiot I called him a top 15 talent. As in, he wasn’t going there but that’s where his upside was, hence why I repeated it after we drafted him. In no way did I think he was going to be a top 15 pick.

Try again dumbass.

You thought we’d get 1st round value. We got 3rd round value.
And what did you think? Fuck. Tons of people thought #30 was in play from green bay.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:20 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
You are worried about dropping a $20m cap hit on a guy that performs at half the value of a $20m pass rusher?
The alternative appears to be taking on $7 million in dead cap and using the savings on an even more washed Ziggy Ansah.

Houston was overpaid but has a letter perfect SDE here. And the $7 million is spent either way. So could you have gotten $14 million in production from Houston? I like my chances there better than $14 million from Matthieu.

But hey, last time he had some spare cap he pissed it away on a luxury item in Watkins so yeah, I guess we oughta keep an eye on the Bell market afterall...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:21 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
And there you have it.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:21 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I guess I missed his other valuable contributions to the game. :-)
Are you really this dumb? How many times was Brady sacked in the post season? That's what good coaching and game planning gets you. Or do you believe Aaron Donald sucks too?
[Reply]
teedubya 08:22 PM 03-12-2019
Am I supposed to be triggered with this trade?

I really don't like that this is a 2020 pick... but Dee Ford is glass. I wouldn't mind resigning Houston to a lesser deal.

I'm still going to give Veach a pass, so far...

But look at Dorsey...

2013: Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce
2014: Dee Ford
2015: Marcus Peters
2016, Tyreek Hill
2017: Patrick Mahomes, Kareem Hunt
2018: Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward

I'd rather have Dorsey still, at this point. He doesn't miss.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:23 PM 03-12-2019
$45mm in guarantees.

Just wow...
[Reply]
-King- 08:23 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
When you're making this argument, it's important to remember that future picks can be leveraged in current trades.

FAX
Current picks can also be leveraged. Even moreso.
[Reply]
penchief 08:23 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
First, other's on the board are making it about his character.

Second, Veach paid Watkins ($14MM), and he just paid Mathieu ($14MM). Both are injury prone at less valuable positions than Ford.
But Ford is a one trick pony. Both Watkins and Mathieu are more well rounded and versatile. Neither is a clear liability in any aspect of their game.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:23 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
When you're making this argument, it's important to remember that future picks can be leveraged in current trades.

FAX
If the 2020 pick is the equivalent of a 2019 3rd rounder, I don't know how our trade leverage has changed any. At least with a 3rd rounder we'd have the option of having an extra pick this year.
[Reply]
teedubya 08:24 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
What an asshole!
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:24 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Am I supposed to be triggered with this trade?

I really don't like that this is a 2020 pick... but Dee Ford is glass. I wouldn't mind resigning Houston to a lesser deal.

I'm still going to give Veach a pass, so far...

But look at Dorsey...

2013: Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce
2014: Dee Ford
2015: Marcus Peters
2016, Tyreek Hill
2017: Patrick Mahomes, Kareem Hunt
2018: Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward

I'd rather have Dorsey still, at this point. He doesn't miss.
Agree with everything in this post. Can't bring Dorsey back so I've turned that page, but good points. Would love to resign Houston to a modest deal only.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:25 PM 03-12-2019
Veach better get busy on signing a pass rusher because the only good part of the defense (the pass rush) from last year was just eliminated. Meanwhile... we have the Spirit. Ship that fucking clown out too.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:25 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The alternative appears to be taking on $7 million in dead cap and using the savings on an even more washed Ziggy Ansah.

Houston was overpaid but has a letter perfect SDE here. And the $7 million is spent either way. So could you have gotten $14 million in production from Houston? I like my chances there better than $14 million from Matthieu.

But hey, last time he has some spare cap he pissed it away on a luxury item in Watkins so yeah, I guess we oughta keep an eye on the Bell market afterall...
What we are seeing this week is exactly why Mahomes should not give a discount to the Chiefs. They have not done a good job building a complete team around him so far even while he is a $4-5m cap hit. Why should he trust them to build a stronger team in the future?

Honey Badger is a good player, but he's one guy. That defense needs a hell of a lot more than just one guy, especially after you dump two good pass rushers. I'd rather spend that $14m on a couple of solid players instead of one big name player.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:25 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
But Ford is a one trick pony. Both Watkins and Mathieu are more well rounded and versatile. Neither is a liability in any aspect of their game.
LOL... his one trick is the most valuable and coveted skill a defensive player can have.

Guess who else was a one trick pony? Derrick Thomas...
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:26 PM 03-12-2019
Veach one draft with only a 2nd round pick produced Nnadi, DoD, a great kick returner, and speaks who is a wild card. That's a pretty fucking good draft
[Reply]
Page 30 of 94
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Up