ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 36
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 04:45 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah. Agree with Clay on both counts here.

You can’t have Luke be a “Yoda or Obi Wan” type in Ep. 8 who had a mastery of the force but let Han die.
I disagree with that notion. Luke cut himself off from The Force, so there was no way he could have known that Ben killed his father.

Luke could have easily retained all of his Jedi knowledge without actually being connected to The Force, just as the Guardians of the Whills knew of The Force without actually being Jedi.

Now, what doesn't make sense is that there were Jedi running around the galaxy 20 years after Order 66 as well as Force Sensitives, yet Vader and The Emperor couldn't find them in The Force, nor did they know that Yoda and Obi Wan were still alive.

Thinking too much about these movies just opens such gigantic plot holes that the entire series just seems inconsistent and just plain dumb.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:19 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I disagree with that notion. Luke cut himself off from The Force, so there was no way he could have known that Ben killed his father.

Luke could have easily retained all of his Jedi knowledge without actually being connected to The Force, just as the Guardians of the Whills knew of The Force without actually being Jedi.

Now, what doesn't make sense is that there were Jedi running around the galaxy 20 years after Order 66 as well as Force Sensitives, yet Vader and The Emperor couldn't find them in The Force, nor did they know that Yoda and Obi Wan were still alive.

Thinking too much about these movies just opens such gigantic plot holes that the entire series just seems inconsistent and just plain dumb.
I don’t know.

Something didn’t ever feel right with J.J.’s original script where Luke was levitating boulders and a mountainside when Rey approached him. It’s possible the right script could have explained why he continued being a Jedi legend despite abandoning the rebel cause and leaving Leia out to dry, but Rian’s explanation made more sense to me.

TLJ’s overall execution was absolutely lacking, though.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:38 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It’s possible the right script could have explained why he continued being a Jedi legend despite abandoning the rebel cause and leaving Leia out to dry, but Rian’s explanation made more sense to me.
The reason why it's so fuzzy to me is because neither JJ nor Rian bothered to tell us the length of time that transpired between Luke's "disappearance" and Rey's arrival.

It also seems odd that Luke would be so close to locating Exogal, yet ultimately decided to shut himself off to The Force. Why then? Frustration?

Also, why didn't any other Force Ghosts help him to find it, especially Anakin, with whom he was supposedly communicating with after Vader's death?

You know, it's just all so lazy that it's almost not worth even discussing or questioning.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:08 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

You know, it's just all so lazy that it's almost not worth even discussing or questioning.
Yeah, sadly it feels like we’re putting more energy into this conversation than Disney’s execs put into the Canon.

You know, to echo KCK, I’d absolutely be into a SW film where Darth Vader tries to hunt down Ahsoka. There would be a lot of great directions they could go with that. I know Rebels touches on it but they left her survival and the outcome of that confrontation very open ended.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:05 PM 04-16-2020
Listening to you two makes me feel convinced that there was next to no communication between JJ and Rian throughout their processes.

Is it too much to hope for that the sequel trilogy gets retconned in a decade or so?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:29 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Listening to you two makes me feel convinced that there was next to no communication between JJ and Rian throughout their processes.

Is it too much to hope for that the sequel trilogy gets retconned in a decade or so?
I'm not sure if they can effectively retcon the ST but they do have the option to create a bunch of TV series and movies based on Han, Luke & Leia's exploits after RotJ, which could effectively deem the ST as non-essential.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:09 PM 04-16-2020
We'll probably get a CGI movie about the exploits of Luke, Han and Leia post ROTJ in about 10 years, I'd imagine.

They already showed they're on the right path with the CGI versions of Luke and Leia in ROS.

We'll get that trilogy, or maybe just one movie, and it will be "headcanon" Episode 7 for lots of fans.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:04 PM 04-16-2020
If Disney ever gets around to making SW movies again, make a Darth Vader movie next. You wouldn't necessarily have to recast Christensen, but Anakin is the most interesting character in the entire franchise and it would make tons of money.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:21 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If Disney ever gets around to making SW movies again, make a Darth Vader movie next. You wouldn't necessarily have to recast Christensen, but Anakin is the most interesting character in the entire franchise and it would make tons of money.
Going to be hard without James Earl Jones. He'd be in his 90s.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:31 AM 04-18-2020
Darth Vader might be the most interesting character in the saga. I'm not sure I'd agree that Anakin is. As good as The Clone Wars was, I'm not sure they ever really removed the stink of the prequel trilogy from the character.

I think they'd be better off making the Ahsoka Tano series they're purportedly making. I think we've had enough Skywalkers, but at the same time she's not all that far a tangent from them.

Anyway, we already know that the next film is likely set in this High Republic era they're trying to sell initially via novels, so this may all be a moot discussion.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:45 AM 04-18-2020
Lucasfilm has already said that there won’t be any High Republic movies. It sounds boring AF to me, anyway.

Plus, how can this new series be set just a few hundred years before TPM but have no mention of Yoda?

I’m at the point where I just don’t care any more. Season 7 of TCW has been lame, the other series have been pushed off to late 2021 or early 2022 and there’s just nothing interesting about any of it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:56 AM 04-18-2020
I really enjoyed yesterday's Clone Wars episode.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:00 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I really enjoyed yesterday's Clone Wars episode.
I was so bored by the Bad Batch and Ahsoka episodes that I haven't even bothered watching. My kids have zero interest as well, so I don't even know when I'll get around to watching them.

Maybe never.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:02 PM 04-18-2020
I didn't like the Bad Batch, but the Ahsoka ones were pretty integral to her story and her continued understanding of the failures of the Jedi Order. Although it might have been better if they were condensed to 2 episodes.

Yesterday's had the whole cast, finally, and marked the beginning of the 4 part Siege of Mandalore.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:07 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I didn't like the Bad Batch, but the Ahsoka ones were pretty integral to her story and her continued understanding of the failures of the Jedi Order. Although it might have been better if they were condensed to 2 episodes.

Yesterday's had the whole cast, finally, and marked the beginning of the 4 part Siege of Mandalore.
Thanks for the note. I think I'll wait until just before Season 2 of The Mandalorian to watch the final four episodes of The Clone Wars.

I think that the Ahsoka arc could have been told in two episodes for sure and for me, considering what Filoni was trying to accomplish, could have been done in a single episode.

All I can say is that I guess I was expecting so much more...
[Reply]
Page 30 of 36
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up