ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 107
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:55 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
Yeah and I actually can't blame them either. Fucking awful.
I really hope not. Obviously, the fact that this happened near the parade sucks, but in theory, the same thing could have happened on a random Friday night in P&L with the same result.
[Reply]
ultron1969 03:55 PM 02-14-2024
The mayor and chief of police do not instill confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:55 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Large, free events in public places downtown are going to attract a lot of problems today. This isn't especially new and it's not unique to KC.

Maybe this event is just too large to manage safely.
This is why I don't even go to pre-season games anymore and likely wouldn't take free tickets in the upper bowl.

$5 tickets to a pre-season game and you have folks in there just looking to get ripped and fight someone.

Free events in major metropolitan areas are pretty much just invitations to deal with stupid people's bullshit at this point. I ain't going.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:55 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
JFC just shut the fuck up. Police do not keep people safe. They are there to deal with the aftermath of whatever crime happened.
This.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:55 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Probably looking for cars to break into. That kind of shit happens all the time at these high profile events. The last time i was in STL something like 25 cars got broken into the morning of the game we thankfully decided to skip
Yeah, didn't think of that. Parking garage as the scene anyway.

There's often a social media component to this stuff too. One of these teenage gangbangers sees that someone he has beef with is posting Snaps from the rally, so he gets his own guys to head down there and start trouble, which is why they aren't dressed like Chiefs fans and why they come loaded for bear
[Reply]
Pablo 03:56 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah this is where my mind immediately went.

Security has to be ramped up at the next one. We need metal detectors.
You gonna set those up at funnel points on the parade route?

:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 03:56 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is why I don't even go to pre-season games anymore and likely wouldn't take free tickets in the upper bowl.

$5 tickets to a pre-season game and you have folks in there just looking to get ripped and fight someone.

Free events in major metropolitan areas are pretty much just invitations to deal with stupid people's bullshit at this point. I ain't going.
Good. Stay at home and hide.

Then go put all the information about yourself that anyone would ever need to track you down on the internet.

And feel safe.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:57 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless:
that kids mom is gonna be so proud when he gets charged as an adult and locked up for life

fucking morons
His mom is most likely taking a crack/meth nap and won’t be up for another 14 hours
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:57 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Good. Stay at home and hide.

Then go put all the information about yourself that anyone would ever need to track you down on the internet.

And feel safe.
Will do - looks like I missed a rockin' good time with the fam today...
[Reply]
penguinz 03:57 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah this is where my mind immediately went.

Security has to be ramped up at the next one. We need metal detectors.
So you think gun free zones work now?
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:57 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I really hope not. Obviously, the fact that this happened near the parade sucks, but in theory, the same thing could have happened on a random Friday night in P&L with the same result.
It happened on First Friday a few years ago and utterly destroyed a family. It also happened to my old roommate, right in front of his wife and kids coming out of a restaurant in DC. Neither was in a bad neighborhood or doing anything sketchy.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:58 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:

I actually need to call my bank and dispute a vibrator purchase.

Weirdly i get nothing but ads for sex toys and also chiefs info
[Reply]
Pablo 03:58 PM 02-14-2024
It was a great time if you set up on the parade route and drove home instead of joining the sea of humanity at Union Station
[Reply]
Rausch 03:58 PM 02-14-2024
It does.

Good thing there's no rape, sex criminals, domestic abuse, or violent people where you live.

Actually, you might wanna' check a map for that.

You never know.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 03:58 PM 02-14-2024
This is looking like DC territory now the way you guys are talking.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 107
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Up