ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Kadarius Toney is a "gadget-type" WR. So is Rondale Moore.
kccrow 10:31 PM 03-30-2021
I wouldn't take Rondale Moore period. Injury issues in 2 of 3 seasons equates to a brokedick I wouldn't want on my team after having the same thing with Sammy for the past few years. There are plenty of equally good smurfs with significantly less immediate risk. Waddle and Elijah are better early. Then you have Amari Rodgers, Tutu Atwell, and Dwayne Eskridge all right there, plus you have Cade Johnson, Shi Smith and Demetric Felton (who could end up a steal) all of which can play the slot. I'd wager on Waddle, Elijah, Rodgers, and Felton all being able to win reps on the outside in the NFL.

I don't really give a fuck about Moore's size to be honest. I give a fuck that he won't ever stay out of the tub. Recurring hammy's are bad news bubb.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:03 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I wouldn't take Rondale Moore period. Injury issues in 2 of 3 seasons equates to a brokedick I wouldn't want on my team after having the same thing with Sammy for the past few years. There are plenty of equally good smurfs with significantly less immediate risk. Waddle and Elijah are better early. Then you have Amari Rodgers, Tutu Atwell, and Dwayne Eskridge all right there, plus you have Cade Johnson, Shi Smith and Demetric Felton (who could end up a steal) all of which can play the slot. I'd wager on Waddle, Elijah, Rodgers, and Felton all being able to win reps on the outside in the NFL.

I don't really give a **** about Moore's size to be honest. I give a **** that he won't ever stay out of the tub. Recurring hammy's are bad news bubb.
Sammy was healthier than Rondale Moore in college.
[Reply]
kcbubb 07:52 AM 03-31-2021
That’s fair. His injury risk is a gamble. His body type doesn’t lend itself to being injury prone but recent history says otherwise. I’m intrigued with Moore’s upside in our offense with how much space could be created for him with all the attention that kelce and reek get. I see a huge gap bn all the wrs you’ve mentioned except waddle when Moore is healthy.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:08 PM 10-27-2022
Bump.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM 10-27-2022
Real tired of 'gadget' being used to refer to fast guys who don't weigh 225.

Again, 90% of the receivers in this league need to be schemed open. I mean if you run a smash concept with the intent of clearing space for the hook, for instance, is that a 'gadget' play? If not but a WR screen is - why?

Both plays are plays designed to create space/time for the receiver.

And frankly, it just flat doesn't !@#$ing matter. Yards are yards. If you have an endless bag of tricks, why do you care if you use them to move the football?

It's just gotten ridiculous at this point.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:20 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Again, 90% of the receivers in this league need to be schemed open. I mean if you run a smash concept with the intent of clearing space for the hook, for instance, is that a 'gadget' play? If not but a WR screen is - why?

And frankly, it just flat doesn't !@#$ing matter. Yards are yards. If you have an endless bag of tricks, why do you care if you use them to move the football?

Direction is by far the worst post er on the board when it comes to actual football knowledge so...not surprising he parrots a buzzword with no concept to what it means
[Reply]
kccrow 03:16 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I think it's mostly for guys that need to be schemed open more often than not or, really, most often. I mean, sure, you can argue every play is schemed to open someone up. That's not the point.

Can the guy create separation and win a route on his own without the play dictating the win regularly?

I'd argue that Hardman struggles mightily with this, not to mention his ability between the ears.

Toney, I think he's much more capable in winning matchups but I do also worry about his ability mentally.

I was a Toney champion early on in the pre-2020 draft talks, so don't get me wrong. I had him mocked in the 4th in September and 3rd in November mocks.

As time went on and he became a 1st round consideration, I fell off. I didn't think he was quite a target at that price.

I'm comfortable with the value the Chiefs gave up for him and I think he's proven already he can win in the NFL. Now he needs to stay healthy and adjust his mentality.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up