ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN: Who in NFL history would you draft No. 1 overall
TwistedChief 05:06 PM 06-27-2020
If Mahomes follows his current trajectory, it’s not even close. He’d go down as the greatest sports athlete ever. If you want to assume he’s human, well, that’s another discussion.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:21 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He still won 2 sbs and was a shoe in for 12 wins every year.

I’ll start there
One of those doesn't count. He was the 33rd-ranked quarterback in the league and the NFL gave him a farewell celebration.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:17 PM 06-27-2020
Depends what era and what rules.

Sure Mahomes and Marino would probably be great any era but would Brady or Manning survive having a coked up LT looking to rip off their head every play?

Would they be effective with safeties like Lott and Lynch completely destroying any receiver coming over the middle? How about when corners could be much more physical?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:19 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pass. Manning was a choke artist in the playoffs and wasn’t the reason he won in Denver in 2015
He took four teams to the Super Bowl with two different franchises and four different head coaches.

Guy played in Indy for 10+ seasons and the only defenders I can remember were a couple pass rushers (whose productivity was no doubt boosted by playing on a team led by Peyton) and like 6 games worth of Bob Sanders.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:05 AM 06-27-2020
I’d probably go manning. Sure sure Mahomes Mahomes but being a chiefs fan I’m gonna exclude him for now. I’m not objective towards him

I know what Manning can do to a franchise without the best coach In nfl history. He did it with 2 separate franchises. If I can have just an average coach, Manning can win with him. Maybe not deep in the playoffs cause he’ll run into better teams coaches etc, but over the long haul, he can.
GET FUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
stumppy 11:08 AM 06-27-2020
I’d probably go manning. Sure sure Mahomes Mahomes but being a chiefs fan I’m gonna exclude him for now. I’m not objective towards him

I know what Manning can do to a franchise without the best coach In nfl history. He did it with 2 separate franchises. If I can have just an average coach, Manning can win with him. Maybe not deep in the playoffs cause he’ll run into better teams coaches etc, but over the long haul, he can.
:-)

Gasp No you didn't.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:36 PM 06-27-2020

I'd personally take Mahomes or Joe Montana but Peyton Manning would give you greatness at QB for a long time and you can't be wrong for picking that.
[Reply]
Buns 09:14 AM 06-27-2020
Mahomes, Manning, or Brady. I don't believe we're having this conversation. :-)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:53 AM 06-27-2020
Derrick Thomas
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:06 AM 06-27-2020
Sabby Piscatelli
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:21 AM 06-27-2020
Parameters need some clarification, specifically are we talking about who we draft assuming things play out as they have, or just on potential, or do we assume fate is roughly the same.

Outside the usual QB primacy of today's NFL, one can make a case for long-time big-time contributors like Larry Allen, Willie Roaf, or the ageless Darrell Green.

There's also cases to be made for legends cut short by circumstance, some voluntary, some not, . . . . Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, Gale Sayers.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:43 PM 06-27-2020
Greg Ostertag.

Oh wait we are talking about football?

Ricky Stanzi.

I'm actually disappointed we got Mahomes because now I can't drunkenly yell "PUT IN STANZI" anymore.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:47 PM 06-27-2020
Has to be a QB. Can’t fathom starting your team with any other position. If it’s simply based on talent and doesn’t come with Brady’s 6 rings it’s Mahomes and really no need for hesitation.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:49 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Has to be a QB. Can’t fathom starting your team with any other position. If it’s simply based on talent and doesn’t come with Brady’s 6 rings it’s Mahomes and really no need for hesitation.
Agreed. I'm getting my QB first, then a pass rusher, then a left tackle, then it's pretty much best player available. Of course I'd want to get an elite weapon or two for my QB pretty early.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 02:56 PM 06-27-2020
32 teams, 50 round draft, with zero salary cap implications. THAT would be fun.

1-1 Patrick Mother-******* Mahomes!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up