ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Well guys, looks like I'm F'ed...
Molitoth 10:51 AM 06-26-2020
Why can't they just move everyone effected to the middle deck that is always empty anyway... =P
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:54 AM 06-26-2020
Chicago Cubs president was on the radio yesterday saying they're optimistic that 8K fans will be allowed to attend on a per game basis. The logistics of pulling that off seems staggering. Talk about scarcity marketing.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:54 AM 06-26-2020
On Terez's Yahoo podcast this week, they discussed this. One of them had talked to an NFL exec who essentially laid out how complicated this would all be even if they're allowed to have 25-50% of people in the stands.

From memory, it was basically...
-What does 6' spacing mean? Are some rows off-limits? For every person? For every family? What's the largest family that can be together? What about non-family households that get their tickets together? And how do you re-program the entire ticketing system to be able to enforce that? What if people get to the game and then don't comply? Do you have a responsibility to enforce it? Measure capacity in lines and in bathrooms?
-What if the rules change? Imagine you'd sold 50% of tickets, and 2 days before a game you have to drop that to 25%? Who stays? Who goes? How do you decide and roll that out in a matter of hours? How do you get that information out to people? How do you deal with tens of thousands of irate people who get kicked out?

In short, the exec said it's probably likely they just won't have fans, lost revenue and all. They just don't have systems in place to deal with this kind of uncertainty.
[Reply]
tk13 10:56 AM 06-26-2020
Even though it's outdoors I'd be shocked if there were fans in the stands at all. Things will have to start turning around very, very soon.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:57 AM 06-26-2020
free up Sunday ticket
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:59 AM 06-26-2020
You don't want to be in the front row to see them all kneel anyway. Sell those tix and watch last year's reruns.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:34 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
You don't want to be in the front row to see them all kneel anyway. Sell those tix and watch last year's reruns.
Oh the humanity!
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:58 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:

[Reply]
digger 11:59 AM 06-26-2020

[Reply]
Bugeater 12:16 PM 06-26-2020
Sorry George, but if it were up to me, I'd rather you watch the season (provided we even have one) from the safety and comfort of your home, knowing we'll be keeping you around for years to come.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:39 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Sorry George, but if it were up to me, I'd rather you watch the season (provided we even have one) from the safety and comfort of your home, knowing we'll be keeping you around for years to come.
I’m going to have to agree here. George, you haven’t given a lot of details but you have wrote about some medical Issues keeping you from attending games. I’d like to keep you around past this season. Your a good dude and like reading your posts.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:20 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m going to have to agree here. George, you haven’t given a lot of details but you have wrote about some medical Issues keeping you from attending games. I’d like to keep you around past this season. Your a good dude and like reading your posts.
I've pretty much decided to quit going to any games after Dec 15th unless its a playoff game. Extreme cold weather is really rough on me now. Just getting old and creaky, man. Don't bury me just yet. I'm still a starter and show up for work every Goddamn Day...
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:20 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I've pretty much decided to quit going to any games after Dec 15th unless its a playoff game. Extreme cold weather is really rough on me now. Just getting old and creaky, man. Don't bury me just yet. I'm still a starter and show up for work every Goddamn Day...
Dec 15th? Seems like an odd cut off date, it can get damn cold well before then. Hell I sat through a Husker game in an ice storm in November one time.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:31 PM 06-26-2020
I'm removing every other bench seat in the bus I converted into a road warrior tailgating machine to keep my fellow terrorheads safe on game days
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:33 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Dec 15th? Seems like an odd cut off date, it can get damn cold well before then. Hell I sat through a Husker game in an ice storm in November one time.
That is true, but I'm talking about really bitter teens or colder cold. You can never tell what we're going to get from Thanksgiving to mid December. Sometimes its really nice, sometimes not.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up