ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ford Motor Company - Mustang SUV and all electric at $45k
Mephistopheles Janx 10:25 AM 11-18-2019
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/17/b...ctric-suv.html

I'm all for Ford getting into the all electric game and doing something to compete with Tesla... but why use the Mustang badge on an electric SUV???
[Reply]
MrCasual 03:19 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Outside of range anxiety, electric vehicles are better in almost every conceivable way.
Please explain how? Before you discuss pollution via combustion, research the materials used to make those battery packs for the electric cars. Electricity also costs money, those recharge stations are not cheap.
[Reply]
Bewbies 03:24 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by MrCasual:
Please explain how? Before you discuss pollution via combustion, research the materials used to make those battery packs for the electric cars. Electricity also costs money, those recharge stations are not cheap.
Faster, quieter, less maintenance required, can run AC/heat so car is ready for you when you get to it.

Tech is superior too.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:25 PM 11-18-2019
Drive one. You'll understand. My little Nissan Leaf feels like I'm driving a race car compared to an ICE car, and it's nowhere near as zippy as other EVs.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 03:27 PM 11-18-2019
Not to mention still plenty of areas in this country powered via coal plants, so you're still using a fossil fuel to charge batteries. You also have to expect that as the popularity and use of electric cars increases so will the price of electricity.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:29 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I dont buy the hype on electric vehicles.

I didn't understand it either until I drove a P100D with ludicrous mode.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:30 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
Not to mention still plenty of areas in this country powered via coal plants, so you're still using a fossil fuel to charge batteries.
True, but as the electric grid goes cleaner, electric cars become cleaner as well. A gas car will always be a gas car.

Originally Posted by :
You also have to expect that as the popularity and use of electric cars increases so will the price of electricity.
Eh, that's a stretch. The cost of electricity is driven far more by the cost of producing it far more than the demand for it. And building a new house that didn't exist before uses around 10x as much electricity as one car.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:31 PM 11-18-2019
Fewer Moving Parts (leading to significant savings in cost of ownership)
On Demand Torque
3x cheaper cost to fuel
Better weight distribution leading to better driving dynamics
Over the air updates to improve vehicle operations
Quiet Drive

As for the "batteries are worse for the planet" argument, that's been wholly debunked.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1834338565/amp
[Reply]
Coyote 04:11 PM 11-18-2019
All so, for the most part about electrics but just a matter of taste. I had a 2013 Tesla S as my commuter car. It had no soul. It was great and the flat torque was deceptively quick with all the comfort features but on weekends I needed a car with soul.

I traded it last summer.
Don’t get in a stop light to stop light Grand Prix with one. Roll it on, on the highway if you’ve got a motor.

Well, technically an engine. It’s got a motor. But we always called turbine after burning engines “motors.”
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:16 PM 11-18-2019
Looks like my wife's CX-5
[Reply]
bowener 04:27 PM 11-18-2019
With it being an SUV, why would they not just name it the Bronco?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:43 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Looks like my wife's CX-5
I couldn't help but think of how much it looks like a Mazda.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:44 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Ford has a new Bronco coming out.

https://www.motor1.com/news/133270/n...-bronco-facts/
[Reply]
Hydrae 04:52 PM 11-18-2019
Because (the) Broncos suck!
[Reply]
bowener 05:03 PM 11-18-2019
I'm impatiently awaiting the Tesla Truck reveal this week. It sounds like it is going to be a monstrous thing that looks crazy. I want that. I want cars to look crazy and not like boring bulbous fucking turds. I understand part of that is because of safety regulations, and also because most americans have zero taste or much interest in aesthetics, but come the fuck on, we can 3D print shit now in nearly all mediums.

Give me an electric car with a see through cover like a lambo, but it shows some sort of insane tesla coil throwing off arcs or some shit.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:04 PM 11-18-2019
I'm impatiently awaiting the Tesla Truck reveal this week. It sounds like it is going to be a monstrous thing that looks crazy. I want that. I want cars to look crazy and not like boring bulbous fucking turds. I understand part of that is because of safety regulations, and also because most americans have zero taste or much interest in aesthetics, but come the fuck on, we can 3D print shit now in nearly all mediums.

Give me an electric car with a see through cover like a lambo, but it shows some sort of insane tesla coil throwing off arcs or some shit.
I'm curious about it, but I have a suspicion it's gonna be stupidly expensive for what it is. Granted, people will pay a fuck ton of money for a pickup.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up