ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Top 100 Players 2019
jjchieffan 08:20 AM 07-23-2019
They began the countdown last night with 91 through 100. The Chiefs got their first entry with Schwartz at 94. How many Chiefs make it this year? Hill should make it, but will he be excluded due to the BS that was hanging over his head most of the off-season? Mahomes should be number 1. Kelce should be ranked pretty high. Frank Clark and Honey Badger both make it I would think. Chris Jones is another. Anyone else?

94 Mitchell Schwartz
85 Frank Clark
36 Chris Jones
21 Travis Kelce
19 Tyreek Hill
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:52 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Top 100 seems like a pretty lame list to be on. It's 4 or 5 deep at every position on average. That's lamer than the pro-bowl and it's pretty lame these days with all the replacements who get to go.
It's not about the list, at least not who's on it and where specifically.

It's about offeason airing of highlights and co-worker interviews. It's picking out the current high-performance players and using NFL Film resources to put some hype films on air.
Top 100, Top 10 xxx, and America's Game are offseason oxygen.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:18 PM 07-23-2019
100 players... 1 for every year the earth has existed!!
[Reply]
Munson 09:07 PM 07-23-2019

[Reply]
Munson 09:07 PM 07-23-2019

[Reply]
hometeam 09:20 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Im not gonna lie the long sleeve look is bad.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:37 AM 07-24-2019
So, Jarvis Landry is higher on the list than Schwarz and Clark? Ridiculous

This list is shit
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:07 AM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:

This list is shit
Was shit last year too.

Pro Bowl is Fans' popularity contest
Top 100 is players' popularity contest

We might even see an Alex Smith appearance, much like Shazier being #40 something last year despite... Well, you know
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:24 AM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:

This list is shit

The NFL loves Jarvis Landry for some reason. He gets a lot of coverage. I think he's a good player, but I don't get it.

Man, I wasn't paying much attention, but the Browns are going to have Baker Mayfield throwing to Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry? There's not much impulse control there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Schwartz at 94 is absolute bullshit.

Dude is the best RT in football. And again, pass rushing isn't just a blind side gig anymore, the best rushers in football are coming off the strong side these days. Schwartz can go out there and neutralize literally every edge rusher the game can throw at him.

Dude should've easily been top 80, IMO.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:01 AM 07-24-2019
Schwartz is so underrated. There was a thread on here about current Chiefs players that have a chance at the HOF. I said Schwartz and was laughed at. If he adds a few Superbowls and Probowls while continuing his active snap streak- he will have a good shot at it. Chiefs Ring of Honor for sure.
[Reply]
warrior 10:56 AM 07-24-2019
Ya have to appreciate the Schwartz
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Schwartz is so underrated. There was a thread on here about current Chiefs players that have a chance at the HOF. I said Schwartz and was laughed at. If he adds a few Superbowls and Probowls while continuing his active snap streak- he will have a good shot at it. Chiefs Ring of Honor for sure.
It's so hard to quantify an OL's performance, though. And because you can't, it's usually 'black ink' kind of stats that get them into the Hall; Pro Bowls and All Pros and yes, sometimes championships.

Schwartz just got his first black ink of any sort; the All-Pro nod. And the fact that he STILL didn't make a pro bowl tells you exactly how much credit he gets.

He's just never gonna get the press clippings he needs to make the Hall. Even if he gets a Super Bowl and a couple Pro Bowl nods. The only way he might is if he has some bizarrely long Bruce Matthews sort of career. I mean if he goes on a streak now where he makes 7 Pro Bowls in the next 9 years as he plays into his late 30s, yeah I suspect he'd get in.

But if you figure he plays on a typical career arc to about 33-34 years old....meh, that's not gonna do it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:59 PM 07-24-2019
Schwartz for the HOF is laughable. He's really good but he's not dominant.

Then again they let in Jerome Bettis so apparently they're just letting everyone in these days..
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:00 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Schwartz for the HOF is laughable. He's really good but he's not dominant.

Then again they let in Jerome Bettis so apparently they're just letting everyone in these days..

Really the dude hasn't missed a game all while shutting down the best pass rushers game after game, season after season.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:21 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I highly doubt Watkins is on the list, tons of receivers put up big numbers now.
Agreed. Watkins gets hurt too much to make the list.

I also think Jones is slightly overrated. He frequently over pursues against the run. He definitely should make the list but he's got to work on his run D to be the the all around DT we want him to be.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up