ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 54
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Deberg_1990 01:37 PM 05-23-2021
Love Temple of Doom! Yes, the plot is simplistic and the villains are caricatures.

But Spielberg at the top of his action game.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:00 PM 05-23-2021
Temple of Doom sucked balls. If Spielberg ever made a shittier movie I haven't seen it. And I've seen 1941.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:15 PM 05-23-2021
Temple of Doom is better than Crystal Skull, c'mon.

Not to mention The Lost World.

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:43 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Temple of Doom is better than Crystal Skull, c'mon.

Not to mention The Lost World.

:-)
I've never watched Crystal Skull, and never will. To me, it's like Arthur 2 and Alien 3. Doesn't exist in my personal universe.

And while Lost World was no prize, it was still better than Temple of Doom. I remember seeing it in the theater when it first came out. Walked in expecting Raiders; walked out thinking "what the fuck?" That stupid ass opening scene where they escape the plane in a raft, slide down a mountain and land in a river was the big budget version of the opening of Land of the Lost. The only thing missing was the banjo music. :-)

And that annoying little brat and constantly screaming Kate Capshaw were Jar Jar before there was a Jar Jar.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:23 PM 05-23-2021
Temple is better. But shortround and whatshername make repeated viewings painful.

The jungle monkeys cgi and Indy surviving a nuke by hiding in a fridge that gets blown a 1/4 mile away.....for shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 05-23-2021
Brilliant!

To each his own, I suppose, on Short Round and Willie. I love 'em both.

I suppose it's a lot like Phantom Menace for kids. I couldn't have been older than 11 or 12 when I saw Temple of Doom and instantly loved it.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:01 PM 05-23-2021
Brilliant!

To each his own, I suppose, on Short Round and Willie. I love 'em both.

I suppose it's a lot like Phantom Menace for kids. I couldn't have been older than 11 or 12 when I saw Temple of Doom and instantly loved it.
I saw that when I was in A School in Mississippi (between boot camp and the ship), so I would have been 18 or 19. Perhaps I would have liked it more had I been a bit younger.

It certainly didn't help that the original was so good.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:15 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I saw that when I was in A School in Mississippi (between boot camp and the ship), so I would have been 18 or 19. Perhaps I would have liked it more had I been a bit younger.

It certainly didn't help that the original was so good.
I saw Temple of Doom in the movie theater when I was 17 years old. I clearly remember looking at my brother mouthing "What the fuck is this shit?".

I thought the movie from garbage from start to finish. Short Round was annoying as fuck and Kate Capshaw wasn't much better.

I might be in the minority but I absolutely loved Last Crusade and still believe it was the perfect ending for Indy and his pals.

Nothing beats riding off into the sunset...
[Reply]
Frazod 03:38 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I saw Temple of Doom in the movie theater when I was 17 years old. I clearly remember looking at my brother mouthing "What the fuck is this shit?".

I thought the movie from garbage from start to finish. Short Round was annoying as fuck and Kate Capshaw wasn't much better.

I might be in the minority but I absolutely loved Last Crusade and still believe it was the perfect ending for Indy and his pals.

Nothing beats riding off into the sunset...
I don't think you're in the minority at all. I loved Raiders and Last Crusade, but IMO Last Crusade is better. Sean Connery was great as the dad, and I loved the opening scene with River Phoenix. When the guy says "You lost today, kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it" and puts the hat on his head... perhaps the best scene in all of them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:14 PM 05-23-2021
I don't think you're in the minority at all. I loved Raiders and Last Crusade, but IMO Last Crusade is better. Sean Connery was great as the dad, and I loved the opening scene with River Phoenix. When the guy says "You lost today, kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it" and puts the hat on his head... perhaps the best scene in all of them.
Yeah, as much as I loved the original, The Last Crusade is my favorite for all of those reasons you listed.

If I'm flipping channels and it's on, it's one of those movies I just can't turn off until it's over.
[Reply]
notorious 05:20 PM 05-23-2021
The lead-in to Indy getting punched in the face on the boat was the perfect opening.

Crusade is pretty close to a perfect movie for me. The first as well.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:19 PM 05-23-2021
Connery was only 12 years older than Ford, but they sold that very well.
[Reply]
notorious 06:15 PM 05-23-2021
Kick ass.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:12 PM 05-23-2021
What it's about? They're fighting over the goddamn sankara stones! It's not a complicated plot.

But the reality is it's about George Lucas' divorce. :-)

I get that people might not like Temple of Doom because it tries to be funnier, and a lot of it was shot on sound stages, but I've never heard anyone say they don't comprehend it.

After escaping Shanghai gangsters, Indy is on his way to Delhi, the plane crashes, some kind villagers take him in and demand he brings back their magic rock in return for helping him, so he overnights at a palace in the middle of nowhere and discovers an ancient thugee cult has stolen the magic rock and enslaved the village's children.

Then he has to go do Indy shit to make the world right again.

That's it. Now you understand the movie. Thanks and enjoy the bridge scene because it's fucking awesome.
It's an 80s adventure movie, dude. I didn't say I couldn't comprehend it. It's just so boring that I can't pay attention for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:14 PM 05-23-2021
You said you didn’t understand what was going on. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 54
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up