ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Knowledge Weighs Nothing - Life Hacks, Bushcraft etc
Sully 02:32 PM 04-23-2014
Before reclining on your couch recliner, always make sure the remotes and your drink will e in arm's reach. Also, pro-tip, have an extra blanket handy. That way, if you need an arm rest, or even if you just get chilly, you have one right there.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:36 PM 04-23-2014
:-) I suppose that does qualify as a life hack, Sully.
[Reply]
Sully 02:36 PM 04-23-2014
pillow pets are just about the perfect size for a head rest while sitting on your couch or chair. It may look silly, but they are very comfortable.
[Reply]
Sully 02:37 PM 04-23-2014
Don't align your lamp tables with the front of your recliners, align them with the back, because when you recline, the table will be too far out in front of you to comfortably reach your drink or evening snacks.
[Reply]
Sully 02:38 PM 04-23-2014
If you have kids, teach them to load disks in the DVD player. They enjoy the hell out of the job, and you can just point to the next movie to watch.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:51 PM 04-23-2014
My wife wants to go camping. But knowing her, that's probably only because she has never been.

I can't get the bugs off the table because we are eating in their yard. That white and black stuff on the table is definitely not bird poop either. Probably just remnants of some oreos.

So we will definitely be borrowing our equipment for the first time we go.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:56 AM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
My wife wants to go camping. But knowing her, that's probably only because she has never been.

I can't get the bugs off the table because we are eating in their yard. That white and black stuff on the table is definitely not bird poop either. Probably just remnants of some oreos.

So we will definitely be borrowing our equipment for the first time we go.
Take her here. It's perfect for you. All the stuff like tents, ice, firewood and water are taken care of for you and you get a small island to yourselves.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:54 PM 04-23-2014
I always try to camp near a Chili's, because the free drink refills are great at keeping me hydrated.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 03:06 PM 04-23-2014
As far as catching things, I've found that taking a bag of Dove Chocolates into a Hooters and sitting at the bar, is great bait for attracting Hooters Girls.
[Reply]
tooge 03:07 PM 04-23-2014
This is pretty elementary, but I always make a few meals in advance. Scrambled eggs and cheese, onions, and peppers frozen in pint baggies. Same for chili or stew. Then these frozen baggies keep your other fresh meats cool until you use them. When ready for a meal, simply hang the baggie in boiling water with a stick and wire, and you will have meals ready to go with little or no cleanup.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:16 PM 04-23-2014
Originally Posted by tooge:
This is pretty elementary, but I always make a few meals in advance. Scrambled eggs and cheese, onions, and peppers frozen in pint baggies. Same for chili or stew. Then these frozen baggies keep your other fresh meats cool until you use them. When ready for a meal, simply hang the baggie in boiling water with a stick and wire, and you will have meals ready to go with little or no cleanup.
:-) that kind of tip is exactly what I'm looking for, the food you take with you can double as what helps keep everything else cold.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:27 PM 04-23-2014
Been meaning to get one of these and keep it on the Jeep key chain since that's typically what I'm out in.

http://www.tickedoff.com/

Looks to me like a plastic spoon with a small notch cut in the tip should do the same thing.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:34 PM 04-23-2014
Diesel Mechanic buddy’s mom used to be a girl scout leader and she showed us a nifty fire starter trick last time we went out camping. Take a paper egg carton, fill each cup with wood chips (cedar or pine chips from the pet department work great) then cover them with melted wax and throw the carton in your camping gear. When you need to start your camp fire tear off a cup or two and build your tinder around it. Same concept as the cotton balls just different materials.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:44 PM 04-23-2014
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Diesel Mechanic buddy’s mom used to be a girl scout leader and she showed us a nifty fire starter trick last time we went out camping. Take a paper egg carton, fill each cup with wood chips (cedar or pine chips from the pet department work great) then cover them with melted wax and throw the carton in your camping gear. When you need to start your camp fire tear off a cup or two and build your tinder around it. Same concept as the cotton balls just different materials.
:-) yep, this is a vaseline cottonball on steroids.

Another good medium for the wax to cling to is dryer lint, I keep a ziploc baggie of that in my kit as well... its a free supply that never runs out.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:36 PM 04-23-2014
I just read something the other day about throwing sage on your camp fire to keep the skeeters away. Anyone else heard of that?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up