ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kansas football going to use Arrowhead
Ocotillo 07:02 PM 06-25-2024

Kansas Jayhawks playing home games in 2024 at Arrowhead and Children’s Mercy Park while their stadium gets renovated.

Going to be some wild home games 👀 pic.twitter.com/22Ja2pmhar

— Cooper McCoy (@CooperMcCoyRE) January 31, 2024

[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:00 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
News to me. I don’t really care, but nonetheless, news to me. That being said, would you rather have another Moby Dick versus the yeti who would win thread?

It’s the off-season. Lighten up.
This.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:00 AM 06-26-2024
After a decade of huge crowds, big games, and elite football, the clown birds playing in front of 10k will be a bit embarrassing
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:04 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
This.
yeah it's been discussed quite a bit in the KU football thread. Maybe some of you should visit our thread more :-)
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:05 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
After a decade of huge crowds, big games, and elite football, the clown birds playing in front of 10k will be a bit embarrassing
I think you're going to be a bit surprised. The Iowa State and Colorado games should all draw pretty big crowds. The Houston game and TCU, maybe not so much.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:16 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
I think you're going to be a bit surprised. The Iowa State and Colorado games should all draw pretty big crowds. The Houston game and TCU, maybe not so much.
My wife and her friends will be and the TCU game - TCU Alums. I think there's a group of about 10 of them going. My guess is that you are going to get about +20K Iowa State fans coming to Arrowhead as well. They love KC, and those dorks don't have anything better to do. Buff fans suck, so I doubt you see many of them there. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 09:28 AM 06-26-2024
Not sure exactly what you're saying. If you're suggesting that KU will only have a crowd of 10k, I think you might be shocked.

https://www.si.com/college/kansas/fo...otball-in-2023

Originally Posted by :
Kansas Athletics announced Friday that both the Nov. 11 game vs. Texas Tech and the Nov. 18 game vs. Kansas State are both sold out. The pair of sellouts mark the third and fourth of the 2023 season and the sixth and seventh under head coach Lance Leipold. David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium will now be sold out in seven of 12 home games from 2022 to 2023.
https://kuathletics.com/sold-out-kan...wo-home-games/

7 of 12 home games sold out in a 50k seat stadium the last 2 years. Add to that the fact this team had it's best season in 15 years last year and what is gonna happen?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:53 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
not sure why they would play at arrowhead when they probably couldn't fill up blue valley north west stadium
They're one of the favorites to win the Big 12. This joke might have worked better a couple years ago.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:26 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
My wife and her friends will be and the TCU game - TCU Alums. I think there's a group of about 10 of them going. My guess is that you are going to get about +20K Iowa State fans coming to Arrowhead as well. They love KC, and those dorks don't have anything better to do. Buff fans suck, so I doubt you see many of them there. :-)
I think it's the Deion hype, not so much their fans would draw a crowd.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:28 AM 06-26-2024
What year are you living in
[Reply]
George Liquor 11:18 AM 06-26-2024
KU fans have proven they'll show up if you give them a reason to.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:27 AM 06-26-2024
Mutts are the 6th best team in the SEC this year. And that makes them incredibly proud
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:43 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Mutts are the 6th best team in the SEC this year. And that makes them incredibly proud
That would be a top ten team in the nation.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:53 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I saw them play at Arrowhead once.

I rather enjoyed it. :-)

Sad part about that is the choice to play the game at Arrowhead likely kept KU from playing for the National Championship that year. A short sighted money grab destroyed a bigger chance at real money.

Game would have been played in September instead at Memorial and KU wins that one.
[Reply]
George Liquor 11:56 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Sad part about that is the choice to play the game at Arrowhead likely kept KU from playing for the National Championship that year. A short sighted money grab destroyed a bigger chance at real money.

Game would have been played in September instead at Memorial and KU wins that one.
I still hate Lew Perkins for this
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:58 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by George Liquor:
I still hate Lew Perkins for this
Yeah, I was pissed when they announced it. Then even more pissed at him when it predictably bit us.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up