ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>A Level Headed Review Week 3 2024
DenverChief 09:22 PM Yesterday
McDuffie just got his feet tangled and it effected him more than Mooney.

The Drake London TD was a blown coverage by Johnson....just a young player mistake on a WR switch route. Didn't take the pass off from Tranquill.

Worthy with a nice pitch and catch for 10 yards and follow up with a nice catch and run for 6 yards. Worthy really does seem to play defense well when the pass has a chance to be intercepted. Gah just stopped running on that route...gotta keep running through that route.

Steele really showing his mettle with some nice hard runs and good chunk yards.

Perine also with some solid runs, he is no Pacheco but between him and Steele....I can only imagine what Hunt will bring as well.

Rice has some sick moves in the open field with some of his stop and go stuff.
Gotta make that catch in the 2nd quarter just before half - in his defense Mahomes threw it a bit behind him but it was catchable.

Wanya seems to be faring well so far and as the game has gone on.

Mahomes just got fooled by a good DB on the INT.

Jones stupid mistake on the RTP that led to a score to put the Falcons up by 7. Gotta play more disciplined.

The crushing hit and fumble by FAU on Cousins was a beautiful thing to watch. Too bad the penalty for kicking the ball out of bounds isn't more stiff. I would make it a 15 yarder and a loss of down.

That pick by Connor was a perfect result of Jones destroying the OL and pushing them back into Cousins face. The second half is going to be rough for them.

The goal line series of plays, I get that we have been stuffing it down their throat but it seems like we go back to the well too much. The 2nd down play was an obvious run...should have had another play action play called. Still got. a FG but we need more TD's. FG's are going to come back and bite us.

Defense starting to look better...make Cousins find someone open and let a 3 man rush flush him.

Juju finally on the board with a catch and Tuddy. Love this for him.

Then Butler does the next to impossible and actually hits the upright square on, on the XP.

Spags with the unique and timely blitzes forcing a long FG attempt by the Falcons.

Props to Ariza for being able to snag that wild snap and still get an amazing kick off to pin ATL.

Great goal line stand, Cook with two pass breakups - the first one could have been called DPI as he never got around to make a play on the ball but the refs just let them play it out.

Where was the illegal hands to the face on Connor and was it just me or was that a very questionable DPI. The WR just ran into McDuffie standing still, I guess that's a make up call for the Cook non-call.

Killing ourselves with penalties tonight. Gotta get the silly calls (that actually happen) cleaned up.

The DEFENSE saves the day again for us. Would love to see the offense get a little more in sync but I love seeing the Defense come up big to save the win.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:29 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Upon further review… he could have seen if cousins had the ball if his head wasn’t being driven backwards.

Atlanta got major ref help on that drive. Led to 7 points for them. They got major ref help on their final drive as well, but they blew it with that moronic sideways attempt on 4th down.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:32 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Atlanta got major ref help on that drive. Led to 7 points for them. They got major ref help on their final drive as well, but they blew it with that moronic sideways attempt on 4th down.
Yeah. I mean we 100% got away with Cook's PI, but in the next drive the Falcons instantly got 3 makeup calls on some pretty weak/nonexistent calls. So I don't wanna hear it. Penalties are never fair, take what you can get.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:36 PM Yesterday
Maybe I missed it, but no mention of Wharton?

I thought he was great tonight. He’s playing like (arguably) the best interior DL we’ve had next to Jones.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Yeah. I mean we 100% got away with Cook's PI, but in the next drive the Falcons instantly got 3 makeup calls on some pretty weak/nonexistent calls. So I don't wanna hear it. Penalties are never fair, take what you can get.
Ya the DPI on McDuffie and the Hands to the Face on Connor were head scratchers.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:38 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Maybe I missed it, but no mention of Wharton?

I thought he was great tonight. He’s playing like (arguably) the best interior DL we’ve had next to Jones.
I didn’t get a good look at him. I spent most of the game watching Jones.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
The Cook play looked like he was early in super slow motion but in live game time, it was bang-bang. There were plenty of weak or questionable calls against the Chiefs too. Especially on that last drive like you said.
[Reply]
Otter 10:47 PM Yesterday
Steele was steal.
[Reply]
Basileus777 10:49 PM Yesterday
They need to find something in the passing game other than Rice, this super high usage is not sustainable.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:49 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by lcarus:
The Cook play looked like he was early in super slow motion but in live game time, it was bang-bang. There were plenty of weak or questionable calls against the Chiefs too. Especially on that last drive like you said.
I said the same thing.

On the broadcast, they showed the replay in super slo mo several times. They didn’t do that with any calls that favored Atlanta.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 11:02 PM Yesterday
Where’s George?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:05 PM Yesterday
The Chiefs run defense is fucking phenomenal.

This run defense, Chris Jones and Patrick Mahomes can take us a long fucking way.
[Reply]
DenverChief 11:13 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
Where’s George?
He had one memorable stuff in the backfield that I recall. Had a hard time following different players tonight.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:14 PM Yesterday
Will keep saying it, but we are missing a very big piece by not having a legit vertical option. I love love worthy in mecoles role, but he’s got a ways to go before being a vertical threat. I don’t miss Mvs, but… we haven’t filled his role yet.. Kelce isnt gonna draw the attention he used to. In the past we needed kelce to open lesser guys up, now it’s the other way around.

Hollywood wouldn’t turn us into some fast break offense overnight. That’s not what I’m saying. But he would loosen our offense up considerably
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:15 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
They need to find something in the passing game other than Rice, this super high usage is not sustainable.

It seems that's why JJSS is on the team. It looks like Worthy isn't ready yet to take on that level of responsibility in the offense. He's still a work in progress, I guess. We obviously need another receiver to absorb some targets of better defenses will be able to stop us. JJSS, though slow as dirt, knows the offense and has chemistry with Mahomes, and good hands. Bet that's part of why Kareem was forgiven. He's got really good hands for a RB.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:16 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I think the broadcast had it right. When you play the receiver and not the ball, that gets called 9 times out of 10.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up