ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Justice Department sues Ticketmaster and owner Live Nation, alleging illegal monopoly
Bearcat 11:00 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
So some of you now want our government to start regulating fees on tickets to sporting and music events?

Good lord that is insane.
Are you trying to be dense, good lord.

Maybe take an Econ 101 class. This has nothing to do with the secondary market or government regulating fees.
[Reply]
scho63 11:05 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Are you trying to be dense, good lord.

Maybe take an Econ 101 class. This has nothing to do with the secondary market or government regulating fees.
The only difference between your posts and farts is that farts don't stink all the time.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:11 AM 05-23-2024
The only difference between your posts and farts is that farts don't stink all the time.
FFS man, do you not understand supply/demand and how a monopoly can operate outside the free market controls for costs of goods? It seems that you are not only a dipshit when it comes to phone icons but also economics.
[Reply]
scho63 11:20 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
FFS man, do you not understand supply/demand and how a monopoly can operate outside the free market controls for costs of goods? It seems that you are not only a dipshit when it comes to phone icons but also economics.
So the ONLY company selling tickets is Ticketmaster/Live Nation?

Another know-it-all blowhard.
[Reply]
loochy 10:54 AM 05-23-2024
Good. Fucking dick holes
[Reply]
scho63 11:28 AM 05-23-2024
In a capitalist society, two things happen:
1. Many competitors should get in the market with better pricing/lower fees.
2. People finally have enough and stop going.

I love it that people will spend $500 a night for a hotel to just sleep while on vacation with stupid resort fees or $75,000 for a new car with dealer fees now over $1,000 in some cases or pay a realtor in the past $50,000 fucking dollars to sell a house.

These are all choices.......

Different for a single utility company that has an absolute monopoly.
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 11:35 AM 05-23-2024
In a capitalist society, two things happen:
1. Many competitors should get in the market with better pricing/lower fees.
2. People finally have enough and stop going.

I love it that people will spend $500 a night for a hotel to just sleep while on vacation with stupid resort fees or $75,000 for a new car with dealer fees now over $1,000 in some cases or pay a realtor in the past $50,000 ****ing dollars to sell a house.

These are all choices.......

Different for a single utility company that has an absolute monopoly.
Who knew we had Milton Friedman in our midst? Please continue to educate us good sir!
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:32 AM 05-23-2024
Yet another thread where it's 20 other people who are the problem. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:36 AM 05-23-2024
Can we also crack down on bots that purchase tickets during the first 10 minutes of the sale and then sell them afterwards at jacked up prices?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:37 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Can we also crack down on bots that purchase tickets during the first 10 minutes of the sale and then sell them afterwards at jacked up prices?
Seconded
[Reply]
Lzen 11:50 AM 05-23-2024
First time the Biden justice dept. has actually done something right.

:-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:57 AM 05-23-2024
I wouldn't have guessed I would get the "Defender of Ticketmaster" square on my 2024 Bingo card.
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:59 AM 05-23-2024
The biggest problem is ticket scalping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:51 PM 05-23-2024
TicketMaster IS a scam, but do we really wanna involve the govt. in this? Let's think about that for a second.

TicketMaster has the right to charge whatever ridiculous fees they want to and you as the consumer have the right to tell them to 'fuck off' and not purchase from them. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:57 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
TicketMaster IS a scam, but do we really wanna involve the govt. in this? Let's think about that for a second.

TicketMaster has the right to charge whatever ridiculous fees they want to and you as the consumer have the right to tell them to 'fuck off' and not purchase from them. :-)
Meh, this is actually something the government should be doing, breaking up abusive monopolies that actually harm consumers and businesses.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up