Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Grizzly Bear vs. Gorilla
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:55 PM 06-18-2024
Who wins?
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:56 PM 06-18-2024
Grizzlies are twice as big as gorillas. Now if you say a small male grizzly at 500 lbs vs. a big-ass male gorilla at 500 lbs, I'll take the gorilla.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:00 PM 06-18-2024
Hard to see either one stopping Bruce Lee and that's what matters.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:16 PM 06-18-2024
Going grizzly bear on this one.
[Reply]
Fish 05:21 PM 06-18-2024
Unless you could train the gorilla to use weapons, it probably wouldn't have much of a chance. Gorillas don't hunt for most of their food, they forage. Meanwhile, grizzlies are just straight up murder machines 100% of the time. Being a full time active predator is going to give the grizzly a huge advantage.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:26 PM 06-18-2024
Here's two silverbacks fighting: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...zookeeper.html

They're pretty light on their feet. They might be able to bob and weave on the bear. Maybe they'd be smart enough to go for the bear's eyes. That or try to rip its jaw apart.

Again, assuming similar weights. No way a gorilla stands a chance vs. a 1,000 lb grizzly.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:53 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Here's two silverbacks fighting: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...zookeeper.html

They're pretty light on their feet. They might be able to bob and weave on the bear. Maybe they'd be smart enough to go for the bear's eyes. That or try to rip its jaw apart.

Again, assuming similar weights. No way a gorilla stands a chance vs. a 1,000 lb grizzly.
They’ll do none of that. They’re 400 pounds of testosterone-driven muscle. Nothing more.

Look at how they fight. They just try to brute force dominate their opponent. Imagine trying that with an 800-pound Grizzly, that also happens to have a mouth full of sharp teeth and five 6-inch claws on each paw.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:55 PM 06-18-2024
Think about how soft a gorilla’s skin is compared to a Grizzly’s as well. What’s that flesh gonna do when it gets raked by the bear’s claws and teeth? Even if it was a close fight, which it wouldn’t be, the gorilla would bleed out long before the Grizzly. The silverback would look like hamburger meat.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:56 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Think about how soft a gorilla’s skin is compared to a Grizzly’s as well.
Are you suggesting that Gorillas moisturize daily?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:57 PM 06-18-2024
Gorillas have been reported to be preyed upon by leopards. Leopards weigh like 200 pounds.

Grizzlies hunt moose. Have you ever seen a fucking moose? They weigh like 1,000-1,500 pounds.

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration when I say one swipe of the bear’s paw would crush the gorilla’s skull into gravel.
[Reply]
notorious 05:57 PM 06-18-2024
A Guerilla would win against a Grizzly.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:48 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
Unless you could train the gorilla to use weapons, it probably wouldn't have much of a chance. Gorillas don't hunt for most of their food, they forage. Meanwhile, grizzlies are just straight up murder machines 100% of the time. Being a full time active predator is going to give the grizzly a huge advantage.
Actually, don't grizzlies eat a lot of plants? When I did my bear tour in Alaska, they were wandering around eating grass, and I remember that they go crazy for berries.

And in Alaska a lot of their murdering is salmon, which isn't exactly a fair fight.

I wonder what proportion of a bear's diet is large prey.

Hmm, looking at a few links, it appears that it varies by location, but most grizzly-type bears get a majority of their calories from plants. Kodiak bears are a bit of an exception because they hit the salmon sushi bar hard. But I'm sure they're murder machines 24/7 even if they prefer the salad bar sometimes.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:55 PM 06-18-2024
Gonna go with Bigfoot.
[Reply]
rico 07:16 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Grizzly would make quick work of the gorilla, their claws would slice through a gorilla like a hot knife through butter...

asked and answered here:

https://www.onthegofitnesspro.com/go...%20the%20bites.

and here:

This was an awesome video…
[Reply]
rico 07:28 PM 06-18-2024
I feel like a gorilla could defend itself to a certain extent, but there’s no way a gorilla can kill a grizzly. Hell, grizzly’s have a tough time making marks on other grizzlies when they fight, if that grizzly fight on the movie “Grizzly Man” is any indication.

A grizzly wins this fight. Although I do think it could be up for debate if gorillas weighed just as much as grizzlies… in which they aren’t even close.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:32 PM 06-18-2024
This is just as dumb as who would win a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson.

Bear easily takes this one.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up