ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Antoine Winfield Jr. Gets Paid
Sassy Squatch 12:19 PM 05-13-2024

BREAKING: The #Bucs and All-Pro safety Antoine Winfield Jr. have agreed to a 4-year, $84M extension, making him the highest paid defensive back in NFL history, per @AdamSchefter. Massive payday for one of the young stars in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/JYWISLxUV1

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) May 13, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Definitely one of the top 3 safeties in the NFL and played like the best last season. He's worth some coin, no doubt. I don't necessarily agree with spending top dollar on a safety but I can't blame a team with the space keeping a playmaker like him.
There are a few positions on the football field in the NFL where I'm not sure the difference in an elite player and a good one is worth the difference in pay.

Safety seems like one of them.

Now on a play by play basis, yes always take the elite guy etc....but on the whole over the season, is the salary here worth it when you could get.....a Justin Reid level S for alot cheaper?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:07 PM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
There are a few positions on the football field in the NFL where I'm not sure the difference in an elite player and a good one is worth the difference in pay.

Safety seems like one of them.

Now on a play by play basis, yes always take the elite guy etc....but on the whole over the season, is the salary here worth it when you could get.....a Justin Reid level S for alot cheaper?
I agree. I mean, you're banking on Winfield playing like he did last year repeatedly to get value out of that contract. He had a legit case for DPOY. That said, I find it doubtful.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up