ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
MelGrif 05:11 AM 11-11-2019
By the way, does anyone know wen will be the release of The Witcher on Netflix?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:40 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MelGrif:
By the way, does anyone know wen will be the release of The Witcher on Netflix?
December 20.
[Reply]
MelGrif 10:23 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
December 20.
Thanks!
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:58 PM 11-13-2019
Received a very early second season renewal today. Netflix seems to think they have a hit on their hands.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:26 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Received a very early second season renewal today. Netflix seems to think they have a hit on their hands.
A month+ before release? That's....optimistic.
[Reply]
kcpasco 04:20 PM 12-20-2019
Watched the first 3 episodes and absolutely loving it. Critic reviews seem to be mixed but the audience score is great. I’m a huge nerd of the source material though so I could be biased.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:07 AM 12-25-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Watched the first 3 episodes and absolutely loving it. Critic reviews seem to be mixed but the audience score is great. I’m a huge nerd of the source material though so I could be biased.
I've watched the first 3 episodes as well and I agree. I barely know anything on the source material as well. This show deserves the views.
[Reply]
kcpasco 04:24 PM 12-20-2019
Episode 3 is awesome. I’m a huge fan of the horror vibe. The critics can suck my ass on this one, great job Netflix.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:34 PM 12-20-2019
Just finished episode 2. Better than I expected. The fight scenes at the end of episode 1 were great, and the bard in episode 2 is surprisingly good. Apparently he plays in a folk band...

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:38 PM 12-20-2019
I didn't think ep 1 was all that great, but they really nailed 2 and 3. Completely hooked.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:48 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Just finished episode 2. Better than I expected. The fight scenes at the end of episode 1 were great, and the bard in episode 2 is surprisingly good. Apparently he plays in a folk band...

Pioneers of social distancing.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:16 PM 12-20-2019
Just finished the first episode. This is fucking great! :-)

Hell, Cavill even sounds like the guy who voices Geralt in the game. Well, close enough.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:12 PM 12-20-2019
I skimmed a few reviews for shits and giggles to try and figure out where the critic/viewer disconnect lies, and it looks like it's a bunch of younger critics who aren't fans of genre complaining that the show is too long. One was, almost literally, 'I've never read the books or played the games, I hate all the fantasy exposition, there's too many characters, nothing is dumbed down so I can understand it, and I quit watching after a half hour.'

It boggles the mind. Viewer reviews, on the other hand, seem overwhelmingly positive.

Comparing this to the most recent show with similar subject matter, Carnival Row on Prime (which I enjoyed...) and The Witcher is far and away a better program in every conceivable way.

I do get, however, how the jumping around in the narrative could be confusing to some people, but it's really not that hard to tell what's happening when in the timeline of the show. But they definitely didn't dumb it down. Which is fine by me, it's nice to see a show respect the intelligence of its audience for a change.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:08 PM 12-20-2019
Do.... not... like... Netflix Triss. I miss redhead Triss from the game, dammit! :-):-):-):-)

:-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:43 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Do.... not... like... Netflix Triss. I miss redhead Triss from the game, dammit! :-):-):-):-)

:-)
I can look past it. Didn’t care for Triss that much anyways since I’m a Yen fan.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up