ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Hip Drop Tackle Penalty Impact
dlphg9 09:04 AM 06-25-2024
2023 had 794 automatic first down penalties. A 25.1% increase would be 993 or just under 200 extra. There are 272 regular season games, so the rule MIGHT add 0.73 extra 1st down penalties and 11 penalty yards a game.

Ohhhh nooo. This is stupid.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:47 AM 06-25-2024
I agree wholeheartedly with PAChiefsGuy.

I also think the sport's aesthetics have been hurt by the excessive focus on the rules during broadcasts. Get rid of the rules analysts that nobody likes. The worst part of the game is when it gets stopped and we have to see 20 replays and the overanalyzing whether the play is legal or not.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I agree wholeheartedly with PAChiefsGuy.

I also think the sport's aesthetics have been hurt by the excessive focus on the rules during broadcasts. Get rid of the rules analysts that nobody likes. The worst part of the game is when it gets stopped and we have to see 20 replays and the overanalyzing whether the play is legal or not.
I have groaned about this for a couple years now.

It's less a rules problem as it is a broadcast problem.

This shit where Greg Olsen spends 20 minutes every single game complaining about calls made or not made is just AWFUL for the product.

Knock that shit off. It doesn't do anything to make your game look better. And most of the time there's no clear conclusion to be drawn either way.

Just stop focusing on the rules every broadcast and there'd be less crying about it.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:14 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I have groaned about this for a couple years now.

It's less a rules problem as it is a broadcast problem.

This shit where Greg Olsen spends 20 minutes every single game complaining about calls made or not made is just AWFUL for the product.

Knock that shit off. It doesn't do anything to make your game look better. And most of the time there's no clear conclusion to be drawn either way.

Just stop focusing on the rules every broadcast and there'd be less crying about it.
The funny part of this is they've put so much focus on it that if they don't show a hundred replays of a close call fans are convinced they got it wrong and didn't want us to see it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:16 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
The funny part of this is they've put so much focus on it that if they don't show a hundred replays of a close call fans are convinced they got it wrong and didn't want us to see it.
So what?

You listen to them bitch and moan for a season or two and then that goes away.

First step is recognizing the problem and the way these games are broadcast is a HUGE part of that.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:18 PM 06-25-2024
Drama sells.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:49 PM 06-25-2024
Starting next season the defense is going to stop and ask the player if its ok both parties will have to sign a release before the play resumes. Should make for a good and equal game.

im still waiting to see someone where them goofy helmet pads
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:53 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Starting next season the defense is going to stop and ask the player if its ok both parties will have to sign a release before the play resumes. Should make for a good and equal game.

im still waiting to see someone where them goofy helmet pads
I think they’ve approved the helmet pads for next year. If a player wants
[Reply]
jettio 08:42 AM 06-26-2024
That analysis in the opening post must have been some dumbass watching recent game films and calling every tackle with defender lower than ball carrier and pulling a hip drop tackle.

Players making tackles will adjust. And malicious hip drop tackles like that Giants player on Geno Smith on that national broadcast will happen a lot less.

Analysis in opening post is super stupid. What could be interesting will be if more first downs are converted because ballcarriers might be able to get more on second effort when legal tackle is being made.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up