ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**Happy Juneteenth**
Rasputin 06:53 AM 06-19-2024
What are you doing to celebrate this new Federal holiday?

What's on the dinner menu?

Did you get the day off or got to work and collect holiday pay?

Happy Juneteenth :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:49 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
There’s more history others have touched on but stripping that away it’s just a de facto vs de jure argument.

They wanted one date and went with the one that already held some cultural significance in parts of the South.
Let's be real here, they wanted a summer date. BBQ's and cookouts aren't nearly as fun in December.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:51 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Bigfoot has to cut the cunt out of a cow. Because his idiot son left DNA

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:05 AM 06-19-2024
I'm predicting after Feb 14th 2025 they will establish a National Holiday in honor of the only team to ever win 3 Superbowls in a row
[Reply]
threebag 09:08 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Let's be real here, they wanted a summer date. BBQ's and cookouts aren't nearly as fun in December.
It’s not a BBQ or cookout without the shootout.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:08 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Every town around me had their celebration last weekend.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:10 AM 06-19-2024
For dessert at our Juneteenth party we always serve a cake with two colors of frosting.

You have to wait until the cake cools completely though or the frosting will all run together. Gotta keep the colors separated!

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 AM 06-19-2024
What's that? A thread on CP so that people can make thinly veiled racial remarks? I'm shocked, I tell you!
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:41 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What's that? A thread on CP so that people can make thinly veiled racial remarks? I'm shocked, I tell you!
Watching all the geriatric boomers boast about their ignorance is what keeps most of us entertained here in the offseason.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 AM 06-19-2024
One tradition we have at our Juneteenth parties, we send the kids to go pick up the food, and we make it fun for them. Give a couple of the kids $50 each and make them run down to the corner to grab food, and see who can make it back first. There's a prize for whoever gets back first without touching the food.

Last year only one of the kids came back. We called his house and asked to speak to his dad and they said "he doesn't live here anymore."

We never did hear from that kid again. Which is a shame, because the winner of the contest gets a free high school education!
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:45 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Watching all the geriatric boomers boast about their ignorance is what keeps most of us entertained here in the offseason.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
A real stunner of epic proportions.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:52 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
One tradition we have at our Juneteenth parties, we send the kids to go pick up the food, and we make it fun for them. Give a couple of the kids $50 each and make them run down to the corner to grab food, and see who can make it back first. There's a prize for whoever gets back first without touching the food.

Last year only one of the kids came back. We called his house and asked to speak to his dad and they said "he doesn't live here anymore."

We never did hear from that kid again. Which is a shame, because the winner of the contest gets a free high school education!
We always like to play monopoly. We make all of the black parents play for the white parents for a couple hundred rounds to build up a nice bank roll for all the white people. Then we let them play for themselves and build up a bankroll before going in a taking it all again to give back to the white kids. (This symbolizes the Black Wall Street massacre for those geriatric boomers still trying to follow along) Then we let the kids take over and make fun of the black kids for being so far behind in the game. We call it “Midwest monopoly”
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:05 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You two and a lot others on here need to read a history book every once in a while.

Lincoln freed the slaves in 1863. The Texas territory decided not to tell the slaves and keep them as slaves. The federal government forced Texas to finally tell the slaves on June 19th 1865 that they were free. The carrot was Texas would be accepted as a state as soon as they freed the slaves. 1866 Texas became a state. It was a trade off. It was a political deal. Nothing to do with human beings being the property of other human beings.
None of that changes the fact that Juneteenth celebrates the end of slavery. You might see that in those books you're reading.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:12 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
We always like to play monopoly. We make all of the black parents play for the white parents for a couple hundred rounds to build up a nice bank roll for all the white people. Then we let them play for themselves and build up a bankroll before going in a taking it all again to give back to the white kids. (This symbolizes the Black Wall Street massacre for those geriatric boomers still trying to follow along) Then we let the kids take over and make fun of the black kids for being so far behind in the game. We call it “Midwest monopoly”
That's great! We like to play scrabble at our parties. It's always tough figuring out who won, because nobody can find any of the words in the dictionary!
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:22 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's great! We like to play scrabble at our parties. It's always tough figuring out who won, because nobody can find any of the words in the dictionary!
Finding out you come from a community of illiterate idiots makes way more sense to us than you think it does.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up