ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Grandview, MO
jspchief 11:03 AM 08-17-2005
Anyone on here from Grandview or know the area?

I need to book a hotel, somewhere close to 71 and Main in Grandview. I don't want to stay in a dump, but it doesn't have to be the Drake either. So far, there's a Holiday Inn Express in Belton that I'm looking at, but I'd prefer to be a bit north of that. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
[Reply]
KC Jones 10:13 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by dayzeofthenew:
Since I live there, I can say there are more moment when I think "God, I can't wait to get out of this place" than there are "This place isn't so bad".

My neighbors are good people, etc but the immediately surrounding areas are terrible. Too many 'thugs' standing around at noon on a weekday with nothing better to do than to look 'cool'. I want to move out of here to a place where peoples 'rims' aren't worth more than their home.

Planning on trying to leave next year; put the house on the market this spring/summer and had VERY minimal showings (5 I think). Pretty much at the point where I have to sell it and probably break even at best after 4 years.
Good luck dude - my dad finally sold our house a year or two ago. We moved out in '84 and he'd been renting it out ever since. For a nice 4 bedroom house he really didn't get much for it. The people he sold it to weren't going to live there either - it was gonna be a rental property for them too.

We were talking about it and he bought the house brand new in 1970 - he opted for it over a slightly smaller older house in Praire Village. Had he gone that route he have made plenty of money on his house as an investment. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.
[Reply]
KC Jones 10:15 PM 08-17-2005
Originally Posted by Uatu:
Hah. I know a couple who, for some reason, bought a house there about 5 years ago. The house was rock bottom. I know people who have paid more for cars.

Unfortunately as far as an investment or trying to unload it someday when they want to move up, I think he's going to be out of luck.
location location location

You can never really know what the market will do, but you're almost always better off stretching yourself for a small place in a nice neighborhood with a good rep than with something big, cheap, and in a crappy hood.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:43 PM 06-13-2024
Didn't think this was worth its own thread, but it happened in Grandview so I figured I'd just put it here.

Also never heard of an agent just letting people look without them onsite. If that was happening it's easy to see how someone could get the lockbox code.
________

Investigation underway for how thieves accessed lockbox of Grandview home for sale

GRANDVIEW, Mo. — Thieves stole video game systems from a Grandview home Tuesday afternoon. Now realtors and people selling homes are being put on alert.

Signs outside the Grandview home just east of 71 Highway advertise “Open House Everyday.” Tuesday, there were three scheduled showings and a last-minute booking and prompt cancellation.

Two boys, 18 and 19, live there with their family. They love to play the video game NBA 2K on a pair of Xbox next-gen consoles they just bought two weeks ago.

“We bought them together as a graduation thing because we graduate at the same time,” Eli Boyd said.

But when they returned home after being asked to vacate the home for the showings, they were missing.

“We walk in there and they are not there, and we are like, what happened?” Mechi Boyd said.

“We started shuffling through all the doors in the house and we were like, no, somebody definitely stole it,” Eli said.

The video game systems didn’t disappear during the showings, but later Tuesday afternoon as evidenced by cameras placed outside the home that captured the theft.

Video shows two women show up to the home in a dark Mercedes while on the phone, and then leave after just a couple minutes each with an Xbox in hand.

Grandview police haven’t yet said they are looking for the women, so FOX4 can’t show you their faces.

“We worked hard for that. That’s like two weeks of labor just cracking out and gone in a matter of minutes,” Mekhi said.

The family noticed something else on the video happening during the process of selling the home.

“There are people that come solo, which to my understanding is not proper protocol, so that’s a little bit concerning,” their mother Shannon Stoops said.

We talked with a realtor not involved with the sale or potential purchase of the home who told FOX4 real estate agents should never give someone who says they are interested in buying a home the code to get inside.

“A buyer should never be in a house unaccompanied by their realtor, for safety, for insurance reasons, and honestly just for ethical reasons,” Jocelyn Rivard said.

Rivard also points out the Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors has more secure lock boxes that can only be opened by Bluetooth via a subscription service on realtor’s phones.

There are several showings scheduled at the home Thursday, but we are told the seller’s agent now plans to be there for all of them just in case buyer’s agents aren’t present. The family is also having interior cameras installed.

Working For You, we reached out to Grandview police to find out if they are investigating any other cases like this, but we didn’t hear back Wednesday.
[Reply]
TLO 03:46 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Didn't think this was worth its own thread, but it happened in Grandview so I figured I'd just put it here.

Also never heard of an agent just letting people look without them onsite. If that was happening it's easy to see how someone could get the lockbox code.
________

Investigation underway for how thieves accessed lockbox of Grandview home for sale

GRANDVIEW, Mo. — Thieves stole video game systems from a Grandview home Tuesday afternoon. Now realtors and people selling homes are being put on alert.

Signs outside the Grandview home just east of 71 Highway advertise “Open House Everyday.” Tuesday, there were three scheduled showings and a last-minute booking and prompt cancellation.

Two boys, 18 and 19, live there with their family. They love to play the video game NBA 2K on a pair of Xbox next-gen consoles they just bought two weeks ago.

“We bought them together as a graduation thing because we graduate at the same time,” Eli Boyd said.

But when they returned home after being asked to vacate the home for the showings, they were missing.

“We walk in there and they are not there, and we are like, what happened?” Mechi Boyd said.

“We started shuffling through all the doors in the house and we were like, no, somebody definitely stole it,” Eli said.

The video game systems didn’t disappear during the showings, but later Tuesday afternoon as evidenced by cameras placed outside the home that captured the theft.

Video shows two women show up to the home in a dark Mercedes while on the phone, and then leave after just a couple minutes each with an Xbox in hand.

Grandview police haven’t yet said they are looking for the women, so FOX4 can’t show you their faces.

“We worked hard for that. That’s like two weeks of labor just cracking out and gone in a matter of minutes,” Mekhi said.

The family noticed something else on the video happening during the process of selling the home.

“There are people that come solo, which to my understanding is not proper protocol, so that’s a little bit concerning,” their mother Shannon Stoops said.

We talked with a realtor not involved with the sale or potential purchase of the home who told FOX4 real estate agents should never give someone who says they are interested in buying a home the code to get inside.

“A buyer should never be in a house unaccompanied by their realtor, for safety, for insurance reasons, and honestly just for ethical reasons,” Jocelyn Rivard said.

Rivard also points out the Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors has more secure lock boxes that can only be opened by Bluetooth via a subscription service on realtor’s phones.

There are several showings scheduled at the home Thursday, but we are told the seller’s agent now plans to be there for all of them just in case buyer’s agents aren’t present. The family is also having interior cameras installed.

Working For You, we reached out to Grandview police to find out if they are investigating any other cases like this, but we didn’t hear back Wednesday.
Thank you!
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:37 PM 06-13-2024
Times are tough. Chicks rolling around in a Mercedes to loot game consoles
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:39 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Have you seen some of the cars these "panhandlers" get into once they are done scamming for the day? It's kinda hilarious. But I don't feel bad for the suckas that give them money. If you are dumb enough to hand over your cash based on a lame sob story, you deserve to see that person drive away in a car nicer than yours.
[Reply]
scho63 04:45 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
They started with an old beat up Subaru and upgraded to Mercedes after multiple thefts.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:52 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
They started with an old beat up Subaru and upgraded to Mercedes after multiple thefts.
:-)

How many Xboxes does it take to make that jump?
[Reply]
tredadda 04:55 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Uatu:
If you can stay in Belton instead I would. Nothing in Granview is going to be in an especially good area.

Sad really, I remember when I was a kid it was a nice neighborhood.
I did too. Growing up near/in Grandview I remember it being a nice town. It has gone way down hill from the last time I was there which was a few years ago. Doubt it has gotten any better since that last visit.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:12 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Belton Inn.
is on 71 and you can't miss it.
I think it's 155th and 71.
You can now :-)

Used to do (legal) deliveries there back in the day. The shit I saw......
[Reply]
srvy 05:20 PM 06-13-2024
Fucking realtors. Looks to me like they owe the property owner a couple of gaming consoles. They have the right to show the house but not unsupervised to rummage. It's not sold till the closing is final.
[Reply]
loochy 06:49 PM 06-13-2024
So, uh I have to ask.... It's been a long time since I lived in the KC area. Every time I've been back it's just worse and worse...are there ANY nice areas (at least on the Missouri side)? It seems like everywhere I drive though is just really run down. It's kind of sad. I don't know if it was like that in the 80s when I was a kid and I was just too young to notice or if it has just gone completely downhill.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:59 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
So, uh I have to ask.... It's been a long time since I lived in the KC area. Every time I've been back it's just worse and worse...are there ANY nice areas (at least on the Missouri side)? It seems like everywhere I drive though is just really run down. It's kind of sad. I don't know if it was like that in the 80s when I was a kid and I was just too young to notice or. If it has just gone completely downhill.
Lees Summit, Blue Springs
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:09 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
So, uh I have to ask.... It's been a long time since I lived in the KC area. Every time I've been back it's just worse and worse...are there ANY nice areas (at least on the Missouri side)? It seems like everywhere I drive though is just really run down. It's kind of sad. I don't know if it was like that in the 80s when I was a kid and I was just too young to notice or. If it has just gone completely downhill.
Careful. You will hurt some butt's with this
[Reply]
loochy 07:13 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Careful. You will hurt some butt's with this
Nah, it's just the areas I've been to.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up