Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Florio crying about Pats contract
ChiefsHawk 11:52 AM 05-02-2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGGUslBDw9A
[Reply]
wazu 12:47 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Cherry picking years aside, Florio's rant is fucking insulting to Patrick. He thinks he's white knighting but what he's actually doing is condescending and honestly fucking rude. You can bitch about the contract for a number of reasons if you want to but to basically say Mahomes won't stand up for himself and is getting pushed around? What an absolute useless gasbag Florio is. Jesus.

He wants to sit Patrick down and talk to him for a few minutes?? His dad was a fucking pro athlete. You think he's some naive dumbass who doesn't know how contracts work? Get fucked.
You nailed it. The objectional part of this isn't him whining about the contract, it's him basically making it out like Mahomes is letting himself be pushed around. What an absolute asshole.

Mahomes is represented by Leigh Fucking Steinberg, an absolute legend in the industry. And it's going incredibly well as Mahomes will be a billionaire with multiple Super Bowl wins before his career is over. But it's "criminal".
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:48 PM 05-02-2023
According to overthecap, Pat's cap hits the next few years:

2023: $39.6m
2024: $46.7m
2025: $48.7m

That seems, honestly, perfectly reasonable. A bargain, sure. But not poverty. Look at the cap hits for Jalen Hurts:

2023: $6.1m
2024: $13.6m
2025: $21.8m

Mahomes has the largest cap hit in 2023 (currently).

The reason Mahomes drops like a rock to 7th place in 2024 is because some of these other contracts are insane.

Look at the QB hits for 2024. It's an insane asylum:

1. Rodgers (Jets) $107.6m
2. Watson (Browns) $64m
3. Prescott (Cowboys) $59.5m
4. Murray (Cardinals) $51.9m
5. Stafford (Rams) $49.5m
6. Allen (Bills) $47m
7. Mahomes (Chiefs) $46.7m

The only contract there that's reasonable, aside from Mahomes', is Allen's. And honestly Rodgers is going to have that re-negotiated anyway.

Don't fault the Chiefs for "underpaying" Mahomes -- he's underpaid but these other contracts are criminal.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 12:48 PM 05-02-2023
Also, Florio wants to give Patrick 15 minutes of life advice? Oh my goodness. What a narcissist.
[Reply]
FAX 12:49 PM 05-02-2023
If dogshit had a podcast it would be Mike Florio.

FAX THE OBSERVANT
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:54 PM 05-02-2023
Florio doesn't seem to understand how much more money Pat makes in endorsements than the rest of these guys, either. I've seen the estimates at about $20 million per year for him. That makes up a lot of ground.

Also, Florio is an insufferable d-bag who wore out his welcome years ago. I appreciated ProFootballTalk back in the day after it was a spin off of the defunct NFLTalk. It has since become pure garbage. Just shut up, Mike. For once in your life, shut up.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:55 PM 05-02-2023
Cherry picking years aside, Florio's rant is fucking insulting to Patrick. He thinks he's white knighting but what he's actually doing is condescending and honestly fucking rude. You can bitch about the contract for a number of reasons if you want to but to basically say Mahomes won't stand up for himself and is getting pushed around? What an absolute useless gasbag Florio is. Jesus.

He wants to sit Patrick down and talk to him for a few minutes?? His dad was a fucking pro athlete. You think he's some naive dumbass who doesn't know how contracts work? Get fucked.
Absolutely.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:58 PM 05-02-2023
Shouldn't that idiot still be concentrating on railroading Tyreek or other innocent people?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:59 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Also, Florio wants to give Patrick 15 minutes of life advice? Oh my goodness. What a narcissist.
I wonder if that life advice includes any comments about how he needs to take a "cheap-shot" in the Super Bowl because Florio wants the other team to win.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:02 PM 05-02-2023
all of us should really stop reading after "florio said...."
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:02 PM 05-02-2023
Also, because the Rams are dumb enough to pay Stafford $120 mil over 3 years, the Chiefs need to cough up more for their QB? The whole argument is stupid.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:05 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Next up, maybe he can teach Chris Jones the finer points of showing everybody your dick at the NFL combine.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:09 PM 05-02-2023
We've reached the prophesied part of the Mahomes' contract, where the narrative amongst the media and opposing ans shifts from "you gonna be screwed when you start paying Mahomes $50M/year" to "wow, that deal really is a huge advantage to the Chiefs. They should have to tear it up and pay him top of the market in guaranteed actual cash."

I'm confident a new deal will get done. I've always thought year 5/12 was the first logical "new deal" point, with 7/12 being the drop dead on it. So I'm looking for it for the 2024 league year (after the Chiefs win the SB again, of course). From reading his contract, I think he has $75M in guarantees at that point. I BELIEVE that amount could be rolled into a signing bonus (and doesn't that total hit just about right for a signing bonus?)

You know what's going to be REALLY funny?

When the new deal STILL doesn't have insane guarantees up front, when the new deal LOWERS his 24 cap hit from $47M to something like $30-35M, and when the new deal is still incredibly flexible.

I don't see any way KC is NOT playing 2023 and 2024 with a significant advatage in cap hit of Mahomes vs. his most legitimate peers. It's gonna be gravy.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:09 PM 05-02-2023

Haven’t watched it but if that’s the angle, he’s a damned idiot. Mahomes could name his price.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:10 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Also, because the Rams are dumb enough to pay Stafford $120 mil over 3 years, the Chiefs need to cough up more for their QB? The whole argument is stupid.
Imagine if a QB signed a contract for 50-60% of the entire salary cap. Anyone think that might piss off a lot of other players on the team? Would the Chiefs be obligated to top that? The more the QB gets, the less the rest of them get. The O-Line might start forgetting to block. Leave enough on the table for everyone to eat and leading the team gets much easier.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 01:14 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
We've reached the prophesied part of the Mahomes' contract, where the narrative amongst the media and opposing ans shifts from "you gonna be screwed when you start paying Mahomes $50M/year" to "wow, that deal really is a huge advantage to the Chiefs. They should have to tear it up and pay him top of the market in guaranteed actual cash."

I'm confident a new deal will get done. I've always thought year 5/12 was the first logical "new deal" point, with 7/12 being the drop dead on it. So I'm looking for it for the 2024 league year (after the Chiefs win the SB again, of course). From reading his contract, I think he has $75M in guarantees at that point. I BELIEVE that amount could be rolled into a signing bonus (and doesn't that total hit just about right for a signing bonus?)

You know what's going to be REALLY funny?

When the new deal STILL doesn't have insane guarantees up front, when the new deal LOWERS his 24 cap hit from $47M to something like $30-35M, and when the new deal is still incredibly flexible.

I don't see any way KC is NOT playing 2023 and 2024 with a significant advatage in cap hit of Mahomes vs. his most legitimate peers. It's gonna be gravy.
Watch. When they do redo his contract, idiots like Florio will pat themselves on the back for shining a light on this injustice, completely missing that was always the plan.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up