ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kansas City prepares to roll out new recycling carts
LoneWolf 06:34 AM 04-21-2023
What the fuck? We've been putting trash in bins with lids for the entirety of my 50 years on this earth. Even when I lived in South Bend for 4 years we put trash in actual bins with lids. What kind of backwards ass, shitty metro area has people put trash on the curb just in bags.

It's no wonder Zach is a fat dumbass. He's been able to wander the streets for years getting free meals out of peoples garbage.
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:59 AM 04-21-2023
Trash in bags? That isn't civilized or efficient.
Every can, (Recycling or Trash), our city has contains a QR code that scans the can as it is dumped and photographs the event. No more getting calls about missed garbage because they have proof they had been there and did that.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:08 AM 04-21-2023
Meh. Bring back trash burning then your onto something.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 09:19 AM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Meh. Bring back trash burning then your onto something.
I burn my trash.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:27 AM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan63:
I burn my trash.
Seems like a lot of effort to print off your posts
[Reply]
wazu 07:10 AM 04-21-2023
The problem for KC was not that the bins didn't have lids. It's that KC doesn't accept glass in recycling, so the bins are really light weight and get completely blown over by wind. Just making a taller bin with a lid doesn't solve that problem. Maybe the bins they are deploying are weighted and solve for this in other ways, but just looking at it in the video it seems like the same thing we had when I lived in San Diego 20 years ago. Of course, in San Diego they accepted glass and rarely have high enough winds to blow anything over.
[Reply]
Nixhex 07:27 AM 04-21-2023
I use AAA Trash. I have a red bin for trash and a yellow bin for recycling. I have watched them dump both bins in the same truck for several weeks now...lol. They ain't recycling anything!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:30 AM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by Nixhex:
I use AAA Trash. I have a red bin for trash and a yellow bin for recycling. I have watched them dump both bins in the same truck for several weeks now...lol. They ain't recycling anything!
Pretty much :-)
[Reply]
cdcox 07:55 AM 04-21-2023
Waste management services generally do a poor job of educating consumers. I just recently learned that it is preferable to recycle plastic bottles with the cap on. The caps are made from polypropylene or HDPE which are among the more valuable plastics in the recycle stream. Attaching them to the bottle helps assure the small cap doesn’t get lost along the way. At the recycling plant, the bottles and caps are shredded and the two materials are separated by density differences. Also, don’t flatten plastic bottles, because it makes the sorting process less efficient.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:25 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Waste management services generally do a poor job of educating consumers. I just recently learned that it is preferable to recycle plastic bottles with the cap on. The caps are made from polypropylene or HDPE which are among the more valuable plastics in the recycle stream. Attaching them to the bottle helps assure the small cap doesn’t get lost along the way. At the recycling plant, the bottles and caps are shredded and the two materials are separated by density differences. Also, don’t flatten plastic bottles, because it makes the sorting process less efficient.
Well shit.

The more you know I guess...
[Reply]
AndChiefs 06:09 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Well shit.

You also shouldn’t put pizza boxes in the recycling as the grease makes them unable to be recycled.
[Reply]
seamonster 01:19 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Well shit.

LOL. That's bullshit. They chuck most of the recycled plastic onto barges and ship it out across the ocean to poor 3rd world island nations that we pay to accept our garbage. Well known scam. Most modern landfills are feats of engineering that can handle plastics. Recycling plastic is the worst thing you can do if your some redditor on a crusade.
[Reply]
srvy 08:02 AM 04-21-2023
Gladstone has the bins for recycling and Trash for a while. On windy days they blow over on the North-South streets all the time leaving a mess.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:10 AM 04-21-2023
Our former trash company not only gave us the bins, they also let you put flattened out cardboard under the them. Hoo boy, those were a real treat on windy days.
[Reply]
srvy 08:37 AM 04-21-2023
New York City still set out bags.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up