ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones is day-to-day
Sassy Squatch 11:28 AM 01-14-2020
We REALLY need him for this one.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:39 AM 01-14-2020
I doubt he plays unfortunately. Mark Ingram injured his calf on 12/22, practiced only once and still had issues 3 weeks later.

I know not all calf injuries are the same, but this just doesn’t seem like a quick fix.

Hope that we make the Super Bowl giving him 3 weeks off and a shot to numb that mother****er up an hour before the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:33 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I doubt he plays unfortunately. Mark Ingram injured his calf on 12/22, practiced only once and still had issues 3 weeks later.

I know not all calf injuries are the same, but this just doesn’t seem like a quick fix.

Hope that we make the Super Bowl giving him 3 weeks off and a shot to numb that mother****er up an hour before the Super Bowl.
I've never even heard of calf injuries until the last 2 weeks.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 08:55 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I had a calf get injured once, it never did recover, so I had to turn it into veal.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:07 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:
I had a calf get injured once, it never did recover, so I had to turn it into veal.
Heh. I laughed harder than I should have.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:39 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
When you have a calf injury its best to put it down and make veal out of it.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:49 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We REALLY need him for this one.
I would argue that Chris Jones importance was needed far more against the Texans than the Titans. We are all aware of Chris’s struggles against the run at times, including the last game where he was one of the players directly responsible for Henry’s TD run.

We’re going to need our big boys in this one to stop the run. If we limit Henry and force this to be a Tannehill vs Mahomes game, we win by double-digits.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:52 AM 01-14-2020
I would argue that Chris Jones importance was needed far more against the Texans than the Titans. We are all aware of Chris’s struggles against the run at times, including the last game where he was one of the players directly responsible for Henry’s TD run.

We’re going to need our big boys in this one to stop the run. If we limit Henry and force this to be a Tannehill vs Mahomes game, we win by double-digits.
I agree but with Spags coaching everyone up and the defense starting to gel it would have been interesting to see if Jones run d had improved. Yes I am already expecting him "not to play".:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:55 AM 01-14-2020

Yeah. We need every single big boy we have up front just for rotation. Henry is probably going to get the ball 30+ times this game again, and our guys will inevitably get worn out. Jones missing this game will fucking hurt if it happens.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:02 PM 01-14-2020

I hope you’re right but I think the beef Jones offers along with interior pass rushing ability is more valuable than any of our other defensive linemen’s skill set.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:08 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I hope you’re right but I think the beef Jones offers along with interior pass rushing ability is more valuable than any of our other defensive linemen’s skill set.
Let’s contrast the 2 matchups we had with the Titans. Which one makes you feel better if you had to choose?

4 DL with Chris Jones and Joey Ivie and Okafor at DE

Or

4 DL with Pennel, X. Williams and Suggs at DE

IMO Suggs and Pennel are HUGE additions for this game and stopping Henry.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:27 PM 01-14-2020
Let’s contrast the 2 matchups we had with the Titans. Which one makes you feel better if you had to choose?

4 DL with Chris Jones and Joey Ivie and Okafor at DE

Or

4 DL with Pennel, X. Williams and Suggs at DE

IMO Suggs and Pennel are HUGE additions for this game and stopping Henry.
I want a healthy Chris Jones on the field if at all possible.

I hope they're trying some 5-2 and 6-1 packages in practice this week just in case things get a little hairy. I'd think a DL of Clark-Nnadi-Pennel-Jones-Suggs would be pretty difficult to run on.
[Reply]
O.city 11:40 AM 01-14-2020
Yeah, terez wasn't optimistic on his podcast last night on 610, but it was more because of how Andy sounded.
[Reply]
rtmike 03:13 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, terez wasn't optimistic on his podcast last night on 610, but it was more because of how Andy sounded.

Reid mentioning cj not being able to push off is about worst case scenario. -Booger.
He may not be ready next month.
They were saying Ingram II came back too soon. What was that? 3 weeks?
[Reply]
Brooklyn 11:49 AM 01-14-2020
if he secretly tore his achilles, we'd know, right?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up