ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tacos are sandwiches
HemiEd 06:45 AM 05-17-2024
Indiana judge rules tacos and burritos are, in fact, sandwiches
The ruling stemmed from a legal battle between a developer with plans to open a Mexican restaurant and a local zoning commission.

By Gerardo Pons, NBC Washington
Are tacos and burritos sandwiches? A judge in Indiana thinks so.

The ruling stems from a legal battle that started in 2022, when Martin Quintana, a developer, unveiled plans to open his restaurant, “The Famous Taco Mexican Grill,” on a strip mall in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

The Allen County Planning Commission rejected his bid to open the eatery, citing a written commitment that Quintana had accepted. According to the agreement with a local condo association, only alcohol-free restaurants that did not allow outdoor seating and only sold “made-to-order or subway-style sandwiches” were allowed to open at the location.

The agreement was put in place to keep some national fast-food chains from opening at the strip mall, according to court documents obtained by NBC affiliate WPTA.But after over two years of legal battles, Judge Craig Bobay from the Allen County Superior Court ruled Quintana’s original plans would be permissible based on the original commitment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...ent=newsletter
[Reply]
chieffan09 02:24 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
Uhm a flower tortilla is unleavened bread.
No doubt, people in Fort Wayne, Indiana would think it's a sandwich. And ffs, you don't make tacos with flour tortillas.
[Reply]
ghak99 02:50 PM 05-17-2024
Can't be.

I can quit eating sandwiches after just one. I can't quit eating tacos at all.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:08 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Can't be.

I can quit eating sandwiches after just one. I can't quit eating tacos at all.
Keep it up.

Hotdogs will be next...
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:15 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by chieffan09:
No doubt, people in Fort Wayne, Indiana would think it's a sandwich. And ffs, you don't make tacos with flour tortillas.
Not crispy ones, but the small soft tacos are just small flour tortillas .

In fact, my significant experience with true south of the border Mexican people is that they scoff at our crispy tacos and the way we make them.

That being said, La Tiera crispy taco shells are the best IMO. We even made fish tacos recently with them using Salmon, delicious.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:33 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Zoning commissions are the worst.
It's easy to say now, but wait until a copper smelting factory buys the property next door to you.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:34 PM 05-17-2024
While I'm not sure that a taco is really a sandwich, I like the concept of keeping national fast food chains out of your neighborhood. Those places are destroying American small independent restaurants.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:08 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
While I'm not sure that a taco is really a sandwich, I like the concept of keeping national fast food chains out of your neighborhood. Those places are destroying American small independent restaurants.
I can understand that, but would prefer to let the consumers/businesses make the choice.

We have eliminated all but Freddy's from places to eat out when it comes to fast food.
Their California burger is a pretty good improvement over the In-N-Out Double/Double, my all time favorite.
Like just about everything else, the fast food prices no longer represent a good value. I just take a protein shake or protein bar with me to avoid them.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:12 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
So happy to see our courts are tackling the most important issues facing our country.
Why is this even taking up time in this world?
[Reply]
philfree 05:25 PM 05-17-2024
I'd like to be sandwiched between a couple tacos.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:15 PM 05-17-2024
I still can't get over the phrase "subway style sandwiches". Like, so you mean kinda bad? Or is it that they have to be penis shaped or it doesn't count? Did the person writing that not know the word hoagie existed? It must be hell living in these condos.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:16 PM 05-17-2024
We're having taco sandwiches tonight.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:19 PM 05-17-2024
This thread needed a poll, but I also gotta say... If a taco is a sandwich, then the word "sandwich" is meaningless.
[Reply]
srvy 06:23 PM 05-17-2024
When I was a kid we called them submarine sandwiches. This was long before Subway even existed.
[Reply]
srvy 06:41 PM 05-17-2024
Had to google the differences between a Hogie and a Sub.

Though their names are often interchangeable, there actually is a bit of a difference between a hoagie and a sub. A hoagie uses a harder bread and is usually served cold whereas a sub uses a softer one and can be served toasted or cold. A sub’s bread is also fully cut through and a hoagie’s bread is only split.

The main difference you’ll find, though, is the contents inside! Since a hoagie comes from an Italian origin, the contents of this sandwich usually consist of Italian meats and cheeses. On the other hand, subs are normally served with whatever ingredients your heart desires.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:13 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I still can't get over the phrase "subway style sandwiches". Like, so you mean kinda bad? Or is it that they have to be penis shaped or it doesn't count? Did the person writing that not know the word hoagie existed? It must be hell living in these condos.
No poorboys allowed.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up