ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 299 of 386
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:56 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's hard to understand the motivation for Dany literally torching people in the streets. I know she's a little butthurt, but apparently we're going "total psycho bitch."

It's still better -- by a lot, IMHO -- than the "motivation" for Anakin Skywalker suddenly killing kids.

They've been building up to it. And you have to assume, at this point, that she had the inherited Targaryen madness.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:58 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Motivation I see is Dany felt no one there would love her as their queen so get rid of all the them. Felt betrayed by Jon, doesn't trust Sansa. If she can't have it all, then destroy it all. Pretty sociopathic twist. I was in shock.

I thought that she was going to go roast Cersei and then destroy the Red Keep. Or possibly try to roast Cersei as she fled, and bring the keep down on top of her. Only one episode left though. I guess shit has to be resolved one way or another.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:58 PM 05-12-2019
Yeah, I don't fully hate where we are, honestly. I can buy a compelling ending with Dany going psycho. They just went from "I'm just here to free the slaves and don't want to do anything to hurt the people" to "burninating the peasants" without really setting it up other than "oh, she's looking a little psycho right now."

It is what it is. In a way I don't hate it just because it's an interesting twist of sorts. But whatever.
Truth be told it has been set up ever since it was established she was related to the mad king. A sudden drop into madness has always been a possibility. I am still completely dissatisfied with this episode, but not because of the set up or lack there of. So much to bring closure to and we get probably half an episode of Dany going mad queen and burning the city. They drug that out way too long when they could have used that time for more important things.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:58 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am thinking Cersi is still alive because if she is not that is some bs way to send her off.
Yeah in our Deadpool right now I'm just marking her and Jamie as MIA. If they don't show up again in the last episode they gone.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:58 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Who else is ready for this?

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 08:59 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Who else is ready for this?

Spoiler!

Hail to the king, baby.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:00 PM 05-12-2019
I will say that I liked this episode better than the Battle of Winterfell, for whatever that's worth. Low bar to clear I guess.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:00 PM 05-12-2019
Best thing I have read all night. Damn jon you fucked up you should have hit that one more time at least.

Originally Posted by :
Jon could’ve saved so many innocent lives by having sex with Dany.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:01 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I will say that I liked this episode better than the Battle of Winterfell, for whatever that's worth. Low bar to clear I guess.
Couldn't see shit in episode 3? Don't worry, Dany and her dragon will make sure to keep it nice and bright for all of us.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:02 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Agree.

But can we talk about the Golden Company? Why the hell did they randomly introduce them to the story if they were just gonna run away? :-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:02 PM 05-12-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 09:04 PM 05-12-2019
I guess she is her father's daughter after all.

And I wanted Cersei dead, but not like that. I was hoping Jaime was going to shove his golden hand through her chest, but apparently he went all bitch bag too and really was just wanting to get back to her and save her. Pure shit.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:04 PM 05-12-2019
Agree.

But can we talk about the Golden Company? Why the hell did they randomly introduce them to the story if they were just gonna run away? :-)
Meh. Of all the problems with this season, that doesn't really even make the list.

"Nobody can contend with dragons" answers the question just fine. Don't much care.

It's unfortunate that all of the political maneuvering, all of the Iron Bank stuff, etc. didn't even pay off in any interesting way. That is disappointing. But it's not COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS, as too many other things this season are.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:04 PM 05-12-2019
Agree.

Red Herrings! Subversion!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:04 PM 05-12-2019
They really shouldn't have shown us the reloading of the Scorpions. Now it makes episode 4 even dumber in hindsight.
[Reply]
Page 299 of 386
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349 > Last »
Up