ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 299 of 324
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:20 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Not tonight, I'm afraid.

Hurts had almost 400 yards from scrimmage and 4 TDs. A lot of it was the players executing poorly but there were some BAD concepts sprinkled in as well.
yeah bullshit

hurts was throwing indefensible passes out there

spags did a fine job, players were in position, and in the second half, his defense got the stops to win the game

kiss the rings, bitch
[Reply]
kccrow 01:24 AM 02-13-2023
Not tonight, I'm afraid.

Hurts had almost 400 yards from scrimmage and 4 TDs. A lot of it was the players executing poorly but there were some BAD concepts sprinkled in as well.
Please elaborate on the bad concepts.

I didn't see many. I thought Spags didn't blitz enough from the outside in a couple of situations but he may have pulled off that in the game plan after several bonehead plays by his secondary against some really basic plays. I also thought he should have run blitzed in a few situations early, but he did end up correcting it and doing it a few times in the 2nd half with Gay.

And if anyone questions the Dunlap play in coverage on the zone blitz that should have gotten home when Hurts made a tremendous play, I'm going to fucking bitch slap them all the way to the statue then let Billay teabag them.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:40 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Please elaborate on the bad concepts.

I didn't see many. I thought Spags didn't blitz enough from the outside in a couple of situations but he may have pulled off that in the game plan after several bonehead plays by his secondary against some really basic plays. I also thought he should have run blitzed in a few situations early, but he did end up correcting it and doing it a few times in the 2nd half with Gay.

And if anyone questions the Dunlap play in coverage on the zone blitz that should have gotten home when Hurts made a tremendous play, I'm going to fucking bitch slap them all the way to the statue then let Billay teabag them.
4th and 5 conversion by Hurts was an awful defensive playcall. 5 in the box? For real? When he's been gashing all game? Bolton also executed very poorly on that particular play but he should've had some help.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:50 AM 02-13-2023
Not tonight, I'm afraid.

Which concepts were bad? Honest question.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:09 AM 02-13-2023
He does what he always does, he finds away to hamper teams in the second half

24 points in the first half, with only a 10 point lead, and basically holds them to fG and single TD (2pt)?

BAD ASS.

They didn't sniff the ball with five minutes left.
[Reply]
tk13 02:23 AM 02-13-2023
I think the reality is Hurts is just a problem. He's probably not the runner Lamar is and maybe not quite the passer Josh Allen is, but he combines those two things really well. He can run for 100 or pass for 300 and neither would surprise you. My only frustration was there were a couple times early on where it seemed like we weren't prepared for an obvious QB run. But there in the 2nd half it seemed like we were on it but it didn't matter.

Either way it's amazing we just beat the Eagles and Bengals who each have 3 elite pass catchers with a secondary that's a bunch of young guys and rookies.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:25 AM 02-13-2023
The eagles are really really good on offense. Outstanding OL. Elite WRs. Really good RBs. And Hurts is way better than I imagined he’d ever be. And they are flat out unstoppable on short yardage as long as they are allowed to keep doing that scrum formation.

Our second half defense did just enough to help us win. And even if they got the ball back late in the game we would’ve shut that down too. Spags was instrumental to winning the first Super Bowl. We don’t get to the Super Bowl if not for our Defense dominating burrow. It wasn’t pretty but spags got the job done.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02-13-2023, 02:30 AM
This message has been deleted by chiefzilla1501.
Pushead2 02:37 AM 02-13-2023
Honestly, who gives a flying fuck right now.

We just won the Super Bowl.

LET'S ENJOY IT TOGETHER!
[Reply]
jerryaldini 03:07 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The eagles are really really good on offense. Outstanding OL. Elite WRs. Really good RBs. And Hurts is way better than I imagined he’d ever be.
Outside the fumble Hurts had an MVP level game and Goedert fantastic as well. But the chiefs have become a top tier run D which was big tonight
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:51 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Which concepts were bad? Honest question.
Well, see, if the other team's guy makes a play, then it was a bad concept, because the concept is that you're supposed to stop them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:02 AM 02-13-2023
They had some really sloppy execution in the first half.

They were much, much better in the 2nd half.

I don't give a shit, that was a catch and a fumble, and a scoop and score. Spags' defense scored two TD's.
[Reply]
saturnknts 07:53 AM 02-13-2023
Isn't Spags now a 4 time SB winner? Kind of hard to argue about the man.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:54 AM 02-13-2023
Spags is good and all of you calling for his head are idiots.
[Reply]
Danguardace 07:56 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by saturnknts:
Isn't Spags now a 4 time SB winner? Kind of hard to argue about the man.
Common misconception but he only won one with NYG.
[Reply]
notorious 07:56 AM 02-13-2023
Our guys had their heads up their asses quite a bit.

Spags had them in the positions they should be in.
[Reply]
Page 299 of 324
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309 > Last »
Up