ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 297 of 366
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307347 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:20 PM 10-05-2018
Pretty, but will it stop?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:29 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
My next build will be a 67-72 SWB Chevy with patina and LS motor.

Those are the best looking trucks ever made IMO. Ive had 2 69" SWB and kick myself for not keeping one of them.
I wish I had found one that someone hadn't covered in primer.

I think I threw pics up here when I drug it home. It's got a great, great bed. And that's all that matters with those things.

I've got an ls out of a vette with 30some k on it. Harness accessories everything. I've got a 6 speed out of a 14 Silverado that has a little crack in the bellhousing. The motor blew up and it tore the oil pan off when the rod went swinging. Cracked the bellhousing where it bolts upon the lower side. It's a gm performance trans that was installed 6 weeks before the motor blew and the customer wanted it replaced again. I got it for the $270 core. A new housing/ pump is about 350. So cheap trans. I got the motor for whatever the core was on it. The starter broke and took out the block bolt hole.

Second sucks racing builds brackets to fix it and they are sweet. In fact IIRC hometeam might've turned me on to them. So props to him if so. I've used them on several different applications. 350, 4.3 etc... he does it right
[Reply]
ToxSocks 08:51 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Where's the gas cap?
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I think it's on the driver's side normally. Maybe even in the cab. Right?

But they've probably put it under the bed and fill it back there.
It's on the driver side, yea.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 08:58 PM 10-05-2018
Are the sport custom emblems original?
To my understanding they are. We swapped the drive train to a '17 mustang GT drivetrain. It's a bone stock 5.0 with a 6R80 6 speed automatic.

We fabricated an aluminum fuel tank, transmission mount, motor mounts and freshened the engine bay with sheetmetal panels. Also has a power steering box conversion, new column and we converted the gauges to digital. Has a new chassis wiring harness as well. And obviously the new wiring from teh coyote.

The paint, interior, emblems etc were on the truck when we got it.

The truck will come back in a few months after the customer has had his fun and we'll do a rear disc brake conversion.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:00 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Pretty, but will it stop?
Has an electric brake master cylinder, front disc brakes and a rear disc brake conversion is on the way. It stops really well surprisingly.
[Reply]
Tribesman 06:23 AM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
To my understanding they are. We swapped the drive train to a '17 mustang GT drivetrain. It's a bone stock 5.0 with a 6R80 6 speed automatic.

We fabricated an aluminum fuel tank, transmission mount, motor mounts and freshened the engine bay with sheetmetal panels. Also has a power steering box conversion, new column and we converted the gauges to digital. Has a new chassis wiring harness as well. And obviously the new wiring from teh coyote.
How heavy is that new Mustang drivetrain? I would think a lot being a 6spd auto (versus a C4 or AOD).
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:39 AM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Tribesman:
How heavy is that new Mustang drivetrain? I would think a lot being a 6spd auto (versus a C4 or AOD).
Not enough to wash out the gain. Maybe 50-60 lbs more.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:38 AM 10-06-2018
That’s neat but I’d have put a Camaro engine in there.

/Cooper
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:41 AM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
That’s neat but I’d have put a Camaro engine in there.

/Cooper
He would do something much more ignorant i'm sure.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:48 AM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Has an electric brake master cylinder, front disc brakes and a rear disc brake conversion is on the way. It stops really well surprisingly.
So now its questionable? or dangerous?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:05 AM 10-06-2018
He would do something much more ignorant i'm sure.
You would brag about how fast you did it...

I own a panther/ Crown Vic, before that an E100, and a Pantara (1981) with a 351C. Some Fords are great cars, most are appliances. One good vehicle every 25 years is all people should have to deal with:-):-):-)

You seem to fix Fords to buy Chevy's as I recall:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

What's a Camaro engine? Talking Stupid....:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:45 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
You would brag about how fast you you did it
That's how a mechanic makes money.
[Reply]
hometeam 12:51 PM 10-06-2018
I wish I had found one that someone hadn't covered in primer.

I think I threw pics up here when I drug it home. It's got a great, great bed. And that's all that matters with those things.

I've got an ls out of a vette with 30some k on it. Harness accessories everything. I've got a 6 speed out of a 14 Silverado that has a little crack in the bellhousing. The motor blew up and it tore the oil pan off when the rod went swinging. Cracked the bellhousing where it bolts upon the lower side. It's a gm performance trans that was installed 6 weeks before the motor blew and the customer wanted it replaced again. I got it for the $270 core. A new housing/ pump is about 350. So cheap trans. I got the motor for whatever the core was on it. The starter broke and took out the block bolt hole.

Second sucks racing builds brackets to fix it and they are sweet. In fact IIRC hometeam might've turned me on to them. So props to him if so. I've used them on several different applications. 350, 4.3 etc... he does it right
You remember that happening to me on my original aluminum block in my TA right? They make a fix kit for it, but our aluminum weld did stay once we went to the truck style starter that has two of the long bolts.Just doesnt torque the shit out of that mounting point like the short bolt did.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:31 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
You remember that happening to me on my original aluminum block in my TA right? They make a fix kit for it, but our aluminum weld did stay once we went to the truck style starter that has two of the long bolts.Just doesnt torque the shit out of that mounting point like the short bolt did.
WANNA know how I know you didn't read my whole post?:-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:53 PM 10-19-2018
Looking into one of these. Thoughts?

[Reply]
Page 297 of 366
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307347 > Last »
Up