ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2966 of 4913
« First < 1966246628662916295629622963296429652966 296729682969297029763016306634663966 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:11 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I don't think they're worlds better. Their production has been higher because their QB was worlds better than our QBs have been. (I like Lockett a lot, by the way, he reminds me of Emmanuel Sanders).

But even if I did concede that DK and Lockett are better than Sutton and Jeudy. Patrick and Hamler are worlds better than virtually every #3 and #4 WR in the NFL. There isn't a team in the league who has four DB's who can matchup with the four WRs Denver has, and now we finally have the QB who can take advantage of it.
I like the upside, but you're pissing in the wind.

There are 6-8 teams that have a very strong trio with other guys in the 4th spot that perform very well. And, Jeudy and Hamler - they just have not proven it yet. Does not mean this group cannot do great things with Wilson, but you've already got them set up as the defacto gold standard.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:24 PM 07-19-2022
Here are defensive comparisons from 2021...Miller was part of team for the majority of it.

These stats are a bit muddied due to the Donks having a last place schedule...they played some of the worst teams in the NFL.

Fangio was their de facto DC too...I know it's hard for homers like NoSHow to understand that playing the Jets/Jaguars with rookies QB, making their first starts, will pad your defensive stats. What would those stats look like playing the Bills/Titans instead?

Failing to see how Moobs simply switching conferences turns the Donks into the 6th best NFL team...moving to one that gave up the 6th most sacks and added nothing new to their OL.

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:30 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I like the upside, but you're pissing in the wind.

There are 6-8 teams that have a very strong trio with other guys in the 4th spot that perform very well. And, Jeudy and Hamler - they just have not proven it yet. Does not mean this group cannot do great things with Wilson, but you've already got them set up as the defacto gold standard.
That's okay.

It'll just make the inevitable disappointment that much more enjoyable for those of us around here when they fail to live up to KnowMo's standard.

I truly believe KnowMo thinks Jeudy, Sutton and Hamler are the next Cincy trio. WHY he believes that, I have no earthly idea. A more apt. comparison at this point is the Baltimore Ravens. A team that has invested a lot of high draft capital at the WR position the last few years and have basically nothing to show for it. Yeah, I know, Sutton had that one good year (which is looking more and more like an outlier at this point), but so did Hollywood Brown.

Your WR core IS the Ravens WR core until proven otherwise . . . . . .
[Reply]
RunKC 12:58 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Here are defensive comparisons from 2021...Miller was part of team for the majority of it.

These stats are a bit muddied due to the Donks having a last place schedule...they played some of the worst teams in the NFL.

Fangio was their de facto DC too...I know it's hard for homers like NoSHow to understand that playing the Jets/Jaguars with rookies QB, making their first starts, will pad your defensive stats. What would those stats look like playing the Bills/Titans instead?

Failing to see how Moobs simply switching conferences turns the Donks into the 6th best NFL team...moving to one that gave up the 6th most sacks and added nothing new to their OL.

They’ll probably win 9 or 10 games this year bc they have a QB that isn’t bottom 5 in the league. They won 7 games last year playing a last place schedule.

They get a last place schedule this year too. Their first 8 games are very generous
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:11 PM 07-19-2022
An honest evaluation puts the Donks in the 12-16 range...which has them in the hunt for a potential WC spot.

Moobs is joining a roster without any real standout talent and a rookie coaching staff...Surtain might be end up being a top corner but he's only one year in. They have a small handful of decent players (Chubb, Sutton, Simmons, Bolles)...and a lot of underachievers. I wouldnt be overly excited about any of those four joining the Chiefs....good but not great...definitely not game wreckers. There is not a lot of quality depth there either...a 17 game season is a battle of attrition. They are an injury or two away from derailing a WC bid.

As I've said with every other QB the Donks have brought in...look at their recent patterns. They have all continued to be what they were...and in every case...became worse. Moobs just had his worst season...and this was after getting his OC fired. He got the offense he wanted...then stunk it up by his standards. His rushing yards dipped pretty dramatically...which is a big part of what makes him who he is.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:15 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’ll probably win 9 or 10 games this year bc they have a QB that isn’t bottom 5 in the league. They won 7 games last year playing a last place schedule.

They get a last place schedule this year too. Their first 8 games are very generous
They were 2-10 against team with 7+ wins....those 7 wins were a mirage. 4 were against teams picking top 5.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:24 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
That's okay.

It'll just make the inevitable disappointment that much more enjoyable for those of us around here when they fail to live up to KnowMo's standard.

I truly believe KnowMo thinks Jeudy, Sutton and Hamler are the next Cincy trio. WHY he believes that, I have no earthly idea. A more apt. comparison at this point is the Baltimore Ravens. A team that has invested a lot of high draft capital at the WR position the last few years and have basically nothing to show for it. Yeah, I know, Sutton had that one good year (which is looking more and more like an outlier at this point), but so did Hollywood Brown.

Your WR core IS the Ravens WR core until proven otherwise . . . . . .
I wouldn't call it an outlier really... it was his 2nd season, then he misses his third.

It's been a hot mess at QB since Sutton (and the other WRs were drafted). Sutton starts off with Keenum, then it's a mix of Flacco, Lock and Allen for Year 2... misses year 3 and comes back to Bridgewater.

It's been a perfect storm of shit really for these WRs.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:31 PM 07-19-2022
I wouldn't call it an outlier really... it was his 2nd season, then he misses his third.

It's been a hot mess at QB since Sutton (and the other WRs were drafted). Sutton starts off with Keenum, then it's a mix of Flacco, Lock and Allen for Year 2... misses year 3 and comes back to Bridgewater.

It's been a perfect storm of shit really for these WRs.
Just throwing this out there, but perhaps it's the WR's that are ass and the qb play suffered as a result.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:33 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

@ SEA
HOU
49ers
@Raiders
IND
@Chargers
Jets
@Jags

8 games... 49ers, @Raiders, Colts, @ Chargers - seems kinda even really.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:38 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Just throwing this out there, but perhaps it's the WR's that are ass and the qb play suffered as a result.
Sure, you could run with that angle... my money is on the QBs at this point. Say what you will about Wilson, but he's a great upgrade and if they can't figure out how to be successful with him, yeah they suck.

In Wilson's "down year", he still passed for 3,100 yards and 25 TDs with 6 INTs. Denver has the WRs, RBs and TEs to create opportunities.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:51 PM 07-19-2022
There maybe an after 5-head curse. Can Wilson Luck-it up until a mental/physical collapse? A heart wrenching I would put on no one
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:34 PM 07-19-2022
Sure, you could run with that angle... my money is on the QBs at this point. Say what you will about Wilson, but he's a great upgrade and if they can't figure out how to be successful with him, yeah they suck.

In Wilson's "down year", he still passed for 3,100 yards and 25 TDs with 6 INTs. Denver has the WRs, RBs and TEs to create opportunities.
Your WRs have dropped a shit-load of catchable passes...I guess it's just easier to blame the QB.

Like saying Mahomes threw more INTs last year...while ignoring the WRs had it go through their hands.
[Reply]
MagicHef 06:26 PM 07-19-2022
Your WRs have dropped a shit-load of catchable passes...I guess it's just easier to blame the QB.

Like saying Mahomes threw more INTs last year...while ignoring the WRs had it go through their hands.
?

They dropped 16 last year, which was below league average, fewer than the Chiefs, and less than half as many as the Chargers (lol). Not sure what you’re looking at.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:49 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
?

They dropped 16 last year, which was below league average, fewer than the Chiefs, and less than half as many as the Chargers (lol). Not sure what you’re looking at.
I forgot it was 2020 that Jeudy led the NFL in drops...so many horrible seasons by the Donks...they all kind of blend together. He did get hurt last year...so it's hard to gauge if the situation has been fixed. He had questionable hands in college...so I'm going to go with his history.

I did just post this in the OBJ thread...this is what a championship caliber FO does in the draft...you've probably never witnessed it before...so I thought I'd share. It's a teaching moment for Knoshow. KC turned 2 bottom of the 2nd round picks and 6th rounder in to 3 1st round re-drafts. This is on top of getting Brown in the deal. Surtain dropped a spot to 10th...so that is better than usual work for the Donks. No way Jeudy gets redrafted in the 1st round..

But who needs excellent drafts when you can land Moobs and instantly become the 6th best team in the NFL. Right?

[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:14 AM 07-20-2022
I forgot it was 2020 that Jeudy led the NFL in drops...so many horrible seasons by the Donks...they all kind of blend together. He did get hurt last year...so it's hard to gauge if the situation has been fixed. He had questionable hands in college...so I'm going to go with his history.

I did just post this in the OBJ thread...this is what a championship caliber FO does in the draft...you've probably never witnessed it before...so I thought I'd share. It's a teaching moment for Knoshow. KC turned 2 bottom of the 2nd round picks and 6th rounder in to 3 1st round re-drafts. This is on top of getting Brown in the deal. Surtain dropped a spot to 10th...so that is better than usual work for the Donks. No way Jeudy gets redrafted in the 1st round..

But who needs excellent drafts when you can land Moobs and instantly become the 6th best team in the NFL. Right?

REEAAACH! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2966 of 4913
« First < 1966246628662916295629622963296429652966 296729682969297029763016306634663966 > Last »
Up